• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We’re Ready for Molokai

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
That pretty much describes Molokai but like you said there are places like that on every island. :thumbup:

Yes, even Oahu has some left, especially in island and North Shore. You know, my favourite vacation was camped in a tent near Hanalei Bay near the beach. I was up a bit and the views were to die for. Behind me was a cattle pasture and lots of those wild chickens running around. Hawaii has so much State land handed to them by the Crown lands of the Monarchy, the preservation of all the islands is impeccable.

I suppose the only drawback is because there are few landowners including government owning and controlling Hawaii, prices there are through the roof. However, the price tag and tight ownership will keep Hawaii more natural and beautiful for future generations.

You will laugh. I’m Canadian and yet I give and attend weekly church services online at Kawaihao Church in Honolulu. It’s because I like the genuine simplicity and spirituality of the people. They have it right. Love your surroundings, love god and love others. It’s that genuine virtue that attracts me to the place over and over. I suppose I admire from afar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Yes, even Oahu has some left, especially in island and North Shore. You know, my favourite vacation was camped in a tent near Hanalei Bay near the beach. I was up a bit and the views were to die for. Behind me was a cattle pasture and lots of those wild chickens running around. Hawaii has so much State land handed to them by the Crown lands of the Monarchy, the preservation of all the islands is impeccable.

I suppose the only drawback is because there are few landowners including government owning and controlling Hawaii, prices there are through the roof. However, the price tag and tight ownership will keep Hawaii more natural and beautiful for future generations.

You will laugh. I’m Canadian and yet I give and attend weekly church services online at Kawaihao Church in Honolulu. It’s because I like the genuine simplicity and spirituality of the people. They have it right. Love your surroundings, love god and love others. It’s that genuine virtue that attracts me to the place over and over. I suppose I admire from afar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is very true about the people, very genuine. Oahu is still the only island I can’t get totally used to. Some of the places I would like to live at are way too expensive and I wouldn’t want the long commute to work anyway.

Because I still work, I don’t have a lot of time to get around the island but living in Waikiki works for us. We get to go to the beach when We need to and We have everything around us I need.

When We take vacation, it’s just too easy to hop a short plane ride to another island. We will probably be doing that until I retire in a few years.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
It’s so windy and cold tonight, we had to close the lanai door for the first time since we’ve been here. It’s going to get down to 75 tonight. This is bad, I seriously got a little cold tonight. o_O:D
62036EA9-6ED9-4C08-85CC-B773AD4025F0.jpeg

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
That pretty much describes Molokai but like you said there are places like that on every island. :thumbup:

Slip, When we were there we drove to an area that had a large development that was being built but then interrupted so it was kind of abandoned on the West Side of Molokai. I would say it was toward the Soutern rather than Northern part of the island. There was a nice little shop that was still open at the time and I remember something about Kites there. Do you know anything about it?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slip, When we were there we drove to an area that had a large development that was being built but then interrupted so it was kind of abandoned on the West Side of Molokai. I would say it was toward the Soutern rather than Northern part of the island. There was a nice little shop that was still open at the time and I remember something about Kites there. Do you know anything about it?

That would be MaunaLoa and The Big Wind Kite Factory. I posted a couple of pictures when we went through there. I should have taken more. I believe that store for the kites moved to Kaunakakai. The store closed a couple of years ago. That’s why I was surprised to see that many homes in there when I drove in. I have never been all the way in the town before until yesterday.

I can see why it would have been busier years ago. It was close to the ranch but far enough to be secluded. Some nice views and houses there too.

Unfortunately, now you have to drive all the way into Kaunakakai for everything. Pretty much the same for the condos on the west end. Except for that little store I took pictures of in the above post.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Molokai Ranch was still open when we were there. We went to the grocery store there a few times. We also ate dinner at the lodge (ow whatever it was called). Many nights we'd eat in the bar as they had a very good bar menu.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the pictures. You make me want to visit Molokai. You should be on the Molokai Tourism payroll! I wonder how many Tuggers you have inspired to consider Molokai for their next Hawaii trip?
Our main recreation when we go to Hawaii are beach going and hiking. Though we enjoy dining out, it’s not that important and neither is shopping or other activities like zip lining etc. We just kind of quietly like to do our own thing. Molokai looks It would fit our vacation need list nicely.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Molokai Ranch was still open when we were there. We went to the grocery store there a few times. We also ate dinner at the lodge (ow whatever it was called). Many nights we'd eat in the bar as they had a very good bar menu.

I would have loved to see that area when the ranch was in it’s hay day. I saw the store when we went through. I should have taken a picture.

I believe the hotel at the team has was a Sheridan. The golf course is all grown over now too.

I have a Hawaii post card collection and I think I have a few of the ranch.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for all the pictures. You make me want to visit Molokai. You should be on the Molokai Tourism payroll! I wonder how many Tuggers you have inspired to consider Molokai for their next Hawaii trip?
Our main recreation when we go to Hawaii are beach going and hiking. Though we enjoy dining out, it’s not that important and neither is shopping or other activities like zip lining etc. We just kind of quietly like to do our own thing. Molokai looks It would fit our vacation need list nicely.

Mahalo, yes it sounds like it would be worth a visit for you two. There is plenty to do and see here for a week if you take your time and enjoy yourself.

You can probably see the highlights in a weekend and go fast. I think you would do fine with a week here. I usually tell people to come for a few days while they are on another island. Then you can see if it would work for you.

It is definitely old Hawaii and some of the sites here rival the other islands. I feel Halawa Bay is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
1756D1D6-444A-4A5C-8DEE-EA8EE89ECA75.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Mahalo, yes it sounds like it would be worth a visit for you two. There is plenty to do and see here for a week if you take your time and enjoy yourself.

You can probably see the highlights in a weekend and go fast. I think you would do fine with a week here. I usually tell people to come for a few days while they are on another island. Then you can see if it would work for you.

It is definitely old Hawaii and some of the sites here rival the other islands. I feel Halawa Bay is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
View attachment 23359
Just wait until you visit Kalaupapa. :cool:

1594329157552.png

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is WaveCrest in all its craziness. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stopped at the Old Kamalo Wharf today. It’s only a couple miles from our condo.
D98428E9-146E-4349-817C-BFDA9350BE2B.jpeg
D2A9B679-46DA-484B-A4F3-BEBE52B6C1F3.jpeg
72AC7C27-B40F-46E0-988C-C53CCA3ADC47.jpeg
A4FB908E-0589-484C-A59F-02817D12003D.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My daughter just texted me and said she is itching to come back to Hawaii. I told her the situation about coming here and sounds like she may try to come with a friend. I told her she could have my week at the Imperial Waikiki if it worked for her. She is going to check on it.

I also have her some options in September and October since I still have a bonus week left and there is availability. Sounds like they want to go to Molokai also. Of course she can have that anytime. :D

I checked United out of Denver and round trip with a stop in San Francisco is only $488 round trip now through October.

We’ll see if this works out. I told her about the risks with the testing but sounds like she is willing to try. We’ll have to wait and see what the Governor says.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There were a couple guys out in the fish pond throwing nets this morning. One got a nice sized fish, probably about 2 feet long. I was on the lanai and couldn’t see what it was. I have some video but I used the camcorder and won’t be able to upload that until I get back to Oahu. I only brought my work computer with me.
E0BFD0B9-D11D-4981-9885-FD9FB1EBC300.jpeg
8E3446C1-7F9B-4DFF-84C1-C8D951182AF0.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
@slip I am just loving all of your photos. Keep them coming. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip I am just loving all of your photos. Keep them coming. :D

We’re on our last few days. We return to Oahu Sunday afternoon. So you’ll have to be satisfied with some Oahu pictures for a while. :D
I hope my company lifts the travel restrictions, at least for in state travel. Then I will be heading to Maui and Kauai first.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We’re on our last few days. We return to Oahu Sunday afternoon. So you’ll have to be satisfied with some Oahu pictures for a while. :D
I hope my company lifts the travel restrictions, at least for in state travel. Then I will be heading to Maui and Kauai first.

Time flies, even when living vicariously through someone else's vacation...

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Time flies, even when living vicariously through someone else's vacation...

This vacation has been great!! It has seemed like a nice long stay. I know my wife is enjoying it when she says there really isn’t to much to do to the condo before we live here full time. Of course, I’ll believe that when I see it.:D

After living in the smaller apartment on Oahu for a year now. We really like the size of our condo. It’s perfect for us.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just finished up my morning coffee so we are going into Kaunakakai town to stop at our friends store. He has been closed the last couple of trips into town so hopefully we can see them before we leave. We have to get some supplies we keep in our owners closet so we are ready for when we re

DW made some burgers with some Hawaiian Burger spice my wife found at Friendly Market. I will grill those when I get back.

My wife wants to wash the car inside and out tomorrow. We test fit our new car cover and it is much better than the first one she purchased.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We took a ride to Mana’e Goodz and Grindz to grab a few things at the store so we grabbed a sandwich and some Hurricane Fries and took a little ride East.

My wife was eating the Hurricane fries while I was driving. I made a video of a little bit of the ride. I have to upload it first. about half way through you’ll hear my wife enjoying her Hurricane fries and giggling. :D

I am BBQing some burgers down by the pool/cabana before I upload it.

Goodz and Grindz was packed and the road up the east end had quite a few cars on it.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s a ride on the East side of Molokai. It’s from about mile 17 to mile 21. Forgive my wife enjoying her Hurricane Fries. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s a picture of those Hurricane Fries from Mana’e Goodz and Grindz. I had the Katsu Mahi Sandwich bit I ate that after I parked after shooting the video.
5D32EA96-E870-4D2B-87E4-4CDEC3A9F212.jpeg
407A0C82-C81D-468A-A31B-BF3106BE5B6E.jpeg
F18FCA8B-69F6-4890-AD7E-73CA717B890D.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We called our friends store in Kaunakakai and they won’t be open until next week so we won’t be able to see them until next trip. I wanted to get another shirt too. :(

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trade winds have been pretty strong the last few days here.

9E7606B0-460A-407C-9EA6-E231A0D18F7C.jpeg
48E27DF9-AA09-4F6A-B38E-9A6106B942E4.jpeg