• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WD 40 and Costco (merged)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Tool of choice?
grays-nashua-tape-duct-tape-1408981-64_1000.jpg

191-806.01_s500_p1.jpg

SGP3.jpg
You left out Mother Spit. Will remove anything from the skin of child less than eight years old. Spit, rub, rinse. Gone.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I have any WD40 in the garage (and I bet I do) it’s left over from a supply my DS bought to be prepared for Y2K. Don’t ask me why. He read a preparedness book and it suggested having WD40 on hand.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would never have thought that WD40 was such an important topic during the pandemic! :p

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Is WD 40 a secret cure for the covid-19?
No WD 40 for six (6) weeks. What's up will the high demand and no stock on hands.

Same owners as the TP business

Need to move product

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I used mine a few weeks ago to lube the hinges on the chest freezer in the garage. Before, it creaked like a coffin lid in an old horror movie. now it's silent as can be. Great stuff. :)

Dave

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
You left out Mother Spit. Will remove anything from the skin of child less than eight years old. Spit, rub, rinse. Gone.
Is that from the same line as the magic sponge?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Is WD 40 a secret cure for the covid-19?

If we told you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?
But whatever you do, don't ingest it.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score

...and self spit for blood stains. My son had chronic bloody noses for a while. Somebody told me this trick, and it actually worked.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We used it recently on a shower curtain rod, so the rings would slide easier.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Just don't cut yourself while doing your WD 40 projects. Band-aids are a seasonal item at Costco too. I haven't figured out what season though. :ROFLMAO:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Maybe it's just that everybody is home and looking for things to putter around with. "I know! I'll take care of all those squeaky hinges my wife's been complaining about for the last five years!"

This. See my Reply #30. :)

Dave

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's raining here today so inside jobs. On DH's list was to take deadbolt off front door, squirt pieces with WD40, make sure it works and put back together. He told me it's done :)

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
WD40 non-toxic substitute. . .olive oil.

While SIP with DD we had to be super quiet during baby naps and bedtime (first baby). Some doors made noise as they pulled away from door jam (yes, we had to be THAT quiet). The door to garage was especially annoying as it stuck to the weather stripping. I rubbed weather stripping with olive oil. Ahhhhh. . .escape. Inside doors were either with that or coconut oil.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
WD-40 which trades as WDFC on NASDAQ looks like a good bet in a post CV-19 economy. I don't own it but have been looking at it. WDFC peaked around $200 and has held up trading at $171 at noon today. It's sales are largely recession resistant, and the fall in oil prices reduces WD-40 input costs. And it's like vinegar with 1001 practical uses.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
WD40 non-toxic substitute. . .olive oil.

The problem is that olive oil can go rancid over time.
IMHO, olive oil is better suited for salads + saute pans.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Our company stopped carrying WD-40 about 6 months ago. Some kind of contract issue. Maybe Costco had the same experience. We didn't sell much, and nobody asks for it.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just left Lowes, they had only eight (8) cans on the display floor. So I purchased two (2) cans using my veteran discounts.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Just left Lowes, they had only eight (8) cans on the display floor. So I purchased two (2) cans using my veteran discounts.

Unless they limited purchases, I would'a bought all 8.
Then put 6 up for sale on ebay (or redweek) and let the bidding wars begin.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
BTW, it;s not a "secret cure" for COVID-19, but it is for arthritis.
For topical use only!