• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WAZE

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
I use it on my phone and tablet once in awhile

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Been using for about a year, its great for traffic etc.... Another great Israel innovation.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use it all the time.
It gives alternate routes in case of accidents and slow downs, warns of vehicles stopped on the side of the road, police nearby etc.
I love it.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody else but me tried WAZE on their mobile(android)phone?
It's integrated into Google maps and Google map turn by turn nav now so Google just automatically rerouted you.

You need the app yo contribute data. Though I thing Google maps takes inputs from your phone also to paint the traffic delay lines.

A friend of mine had it on his iPhone and complained it was a battery suck.

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
been using it for a couple for years..love it..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been using it for two (2) years great for reading maps, traffic, police radar notifications, and red light enforcement cameras locations.

Kburns3761

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Did you know that you could change the navigation voice to Col. Sanders? Entertaining when you are stuck in traffic.:)

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Love it. Will save you hours of time.
Use with your car charger as it really drains your battery.

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
It's integrated into Google maps and Google map turn by turn nav now so Google just automatically rerouted you.

I wondered where Google maps was getting traffic data. Now I know where AND why my iPhone is getting hotter than it used to while using Google maps. :D

I do keep it plugged in the charger since it is a bigger drain.

OTOH, I'm seldom in a rush to get anywhere so I usually don't follow the diversion. I recently read an article in the WSJ where WAZE had been directing so much traffic off the freeway in LA to surface streets that they got so clogged, they were just as delayed as the freeway.:doh:

Cheers

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't like it because it seemed like other drivers were constantly adding in false reports of accidents/police/cars on shoulder of road, etc. I only used it for 2 days and went back to google maps. I recently updated my google maps and really regret it. My phone gets hot and battery runs out. I need to figure out how to get rid of the update.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I didn't like it because it seemed like other drivers were constantly adding in false reports of accidents/police/cars on shoulder of road, etc. I only used it for 2 days and went back to google maps. I recently updated my google maps and really regret it. My phone gets hot and battery runs out. I need to figure out how to get rid of the update.

If you have an iPhone, you can use Apple Maps which has improved significantly since its original release. No clue if it also uses WAZE but I still prefer Google maps.

Cheers

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wow, we have had numerous threads on TUG about Waze over the years. I've been using it a long time, and it's been much better than the alternatives...for me. I use it almost every day. It really shines when you're meeting others who also use the app, and whom are friends within the app, as it shows their relative distance to the same destination and expected arrival...no need to call or text to find out where they are... It's without a doubt one of the best apps available. And, it's free.

Fwiw, I've used it overseas several times as well, and it's works just great everywhere I've tried it.

Sent from my iPad