• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

watch out for Priceline hotel parking fee

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I won a 3* hotel in Portland, OR and was upgraded to 3.5*. It was a gift for my daughter and a nice hotel, but they were charged $30/day for parking. No public lots were nearby. That sort of negated my winning price, as I could have picked a location not straight downtown.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There was a recent thread complaining about PL's undisclosed resort fees.
But you can guess that in any large city, downtown hotels will have high parking or valet fees.

Next time, check out the hotel online and if it has such fees, you can try complaining to PL until they cancel the booking.

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's too late for this suggestion (but hopefully not for someone about to be in a similar situation). If they don't actually need the parking, they could always park in an outlier lot and take public transportation back into the city. I don't have first hand knowledge, but have been told public transit in Portland is fairly convienient.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I never considered the parking fees were anything that could be controlled by Priceline.