• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waiohai Villa Request

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be going for the first time in January. I would appreciate suggestions from owners or others who have visited as to which villa to request. Thanks

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interior views are ALL very nice. If you have an oceanview room, be careful not to get stuck in Hale 6 or 7 facing away from the resort. We had Island View room 8402 last trip and loved it. It had great views of the grounds and the mountains. Top floor do NOT have covers above the balconies. I like that but others may not.

Here is a fantastic aeril view:
http://www.wizardpub.com/kauai/krmarriottwaiohai.html

Terry

nspils

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an Ocean View, Hale 1, 2, and 8 are the best of the buildings. If you have an Island View, as long as you can assure yourself of getting an "inside" unit, Hale 3, 4, 5, and 6 would seem to me to be best because your view will be of the pond, back barbeque area, and jacuzzi - very green and lush. The problem I can foresee is that if you get an outfacing unit, you are looking at parking lot and road and neighboring buildings.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Outfacing rooms not so good...

Last month we had an outfacing roon in Hale #5, and it was not good at all. Another couple we talked to have an outfacing room in #7 and they were not happy about it at all. See my Waiohai review here on TUG entitled "A wonderful property on a beautiful island... "
Date Of Visit - Oct 03, 2008
Date Of Review - Nov 05, 2008​

PM me if you want any addiitonal information such as secret/hide-awy beaches. I have a number of restaurant reviews from that trip on TripAdvisor (see Oct '08 reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/clmbs_traveller )

Last edited:

jaypea

TUG Member
Reaction score
What room did you get?

Hi Pacheco... What room were you assigned at Waiohai and how was it? Did you request ahead of time with the resort or just at checkin? Hope you enjoyed the resort with whatever view you got.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Interior view would be the best. If you click the link in my signature you can see the 2 views I have gotten. Last time we got building 5 and while it was a better view you couldn't see the sunset from our room. The sunsets are AMAZING from this resort. Just make sure you are available in the evening around sunset time to see it. You'll be amazed. So, I really wouldn't stress to much about the view.