• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waiohai time share presentation

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from the special presentation for those who already own..

Waiohai 96% sold out
Special - buy 1 oceanfront week get 2nd oceanfront week 25% off

We inquired about a purchase solely for the purpose of trading points.
The sales manager said this is the best deal

Fairway Villas 2 bedroom Platinum
765 closing costs
21, 665

125000 incentive
50000 self- referral (it has gone up)
100000 2009 usage points (991 annual maint fee)
65000 points if i charge the entire thing on my visa

340,000 points and I can trade for 100K point every year

Your thoughts? I would never go there.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
The current MF at Fairway Villa are 900.69. It currently costs $104 to convert to points. That is total of 1004.69 and MF will only go up every year. You can buy 100,000 points for $1250. That a saving of about $250 for this year. When the MF goes up you will end up paying more to trade for points than to buy them directly. I am currently in that boat. I own at Horizon in Orlando. I bought it 2003 and can only convert fot 60,000 points. My MF are $843.94 plus $104 to convert. It would have cost me $947.94 to convert for 60,000 points. I could buy those same points for $750. Needless to say I made a reservations at my home resort for 2009.

Just keep that in mind if you are only buying for points!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Correct. This puts all the direct pruchase (you can get a trip to Europe and 7 nights over and over again...) posts in perspective. Not commenting on what you could have bought in the past, you are getting about 140,000 points as the incentive to buy direct on your Marriott visa. The annual trade-in "perk" is barely better than if you just buy the points each year as referenced above.

So the question is whether the difference between resale and direct purchase price is worth 140,000 points to you. (Assuming you are paying off the Visa immediately and have no downside there.)

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's Make A Deal

We inquired about a purchase solely for the purpose of trading points.
The sales manager said this is the best deal

Fairway Villas 2 bedroom Platinum
765 closing costs
21, 665

125000 incentive
50000 self- referral (it has gone up)
100000 2009 usage points (991 annual maint fee)
65000 points if i charge the entire thing on my visa

340,000 points and I can trade for 100K point every year

Your thoughts? I would never go there.

I'll make you a better deal. For $21,000 I'll sell you my 750,000 points. I'll even give you a free tank of gas. And you won't have to pay yearly maintenance fees!

In this horrible economy, I am sure you can find a better "investment" for your money than the points that Marriott is offering you. By the way, make sure you read the thread on how Marriott has just reduced the value of its points.

(I am not seriously offering to sell my points. But wouldn't it be wonderful if we could sell our points for what Marriott sells them for?)

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from the special presentation for those who already own..

Waiohai 96% sold out
Special - buy 1 oceanfront week get 2nd oceanfront week 25% off...

Waiohai is selling oceanFRONT units? What are the prices?
I only knew of OV and IV.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I know this is getting into the whole question of whether or not "lost opportunity" costs should be considered when calculating annual cost for timeshare use, but if you are spending that much money solely to trade the unit for points every year, then I would think you'd have to consider it costing an additional $1000 per year if the 20K+ was invested in a 5% bank account. So, even if MF's never increase (gee..that would be nice, wouldn't it?)100,000 points would effectively cost $2000 per year. If you simply kept the purchase price in the bank, the interest alone would be almost enough to buy the 100,000 points directly from Marriott, and you'd still have the principal.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea what the prices were on EOY units? We have one on their resale list and want to know how they are doing right now in regards to price

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We asked the same question when we were at a presentation at Timber Lodge. They also mentioned Fairway Villas.

After some consideration, we thought that the one in Boston (is it Custom House?) was a better option to trade whether for points or pure trade. If you buy platinum season, it's very in demand, trades like a 2 bd (though they are 1 bd), gets 110K pts, and purchase price is not too high. We decided to wait.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heidi: Platinum Custom House in Boston gives 125,000 points each and every year (not 110,000). So it may be better than you thought!

taffy19

Reaction score
Waiohai is selling oceanFRONT units? What are the prices?
I only knew of OV and IV.
This must be their sales office suites upstairs. They looked out on the oceanfront. I remember this so now they will be oceanfront timeshare condos. Very nice. :D