• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually after this post, the 2nd of the 3 folks who originally had been rejected sent me an email saying they had reversed their decision and would accept their unit back!

the answer for the harborside unit was that it was not in the US. the deedback program for now is ONLY accepting us based ownerships.

Reactions: LJT

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
actually after this post, the 2nd of the 3 folks who originally had been rejected sent me an email saying they had reversed their decision and would accept their unit back!

the answer for the harborside unit was that it was not in the US. the deedback program for now is ONLY accepting us based ownerships.
Which resorts did they take back?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one was an SDO, i think the other was a flex ownership?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Mine was a SBP plantation gold plus- but they haven't done any follow up or sent me any documents so I will have to start chasing them. It has been a little over a month since I first inquired and about 3 weeks since they said they would accept a deedback and took my information.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
one was an SDO, i think the other was a flex ownership?

That’s really surprising, since SDOs tend to be given away fairly easily. Perhaps this owner didn’t even try to give it away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry, SBP was the first one...not SDO...as was cleared up above.

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent an email and got this auto-response:

Dear Owner,

Thank you for your correspondence to Resale Operations at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. We are in receipt of your email inquiry and will respond within 2 business days.*

If you desire an immediate response, please contact our office at 866-682-4547, Monday - Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 10am-5pm.

We look forward to assisting you.

Kind regards,

Resale Operations Department

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation

*Correspondence requiring translation may necessitate additional time.

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I never heard back on my emails, but I did just phone them and they are starting the process today. Giving back an SBP and an SVR. The phone call took less than 5 minutes. They have confirmed by email and the documents will be coming from Fidelity within 90 days.

Last edited:

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called the number mentioned above about deeding back my WMH EOY. I was told by Jerry that they are not accepting any deedbacks for EOY contracts, but will probably start doing so next year. But at this time - no.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
the deedback program for now is ONLY accepting us based ownerships.

When I told Jerry it was my understanding that they were accepting all US-based contracts, he stated that that was not correct. So, apparently they are being selective about even those that are US-based.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
forward me the details of your ownership to tug@tug2.net

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I have a one premium bedroom gold plus that l’m trying to give away and wil be calling them about the deedback program.

Can someone explain what "gold plus" means? And what's the difference between gold an gold plus??? Thanks.

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I contacted them twice so far about deeding back an EY Sheraton Mountain Vista one bed and they wouldn’t take it. I’ll keep occasionally trying and maybe one day they’ll take it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I contacted them twice so far about deeding back an EY Sheraton Mountain Vista one bed and they wouldn’t take it. I’ll keep occasionally trying and maybe one day they’ll take it.
Contact @TUGBrian about this.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can someone explain what "gold plus" means? And what's the difference between gold an gold plus??? Thanks.
The only difference is during what time of year you can use them.

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Dioxide45 - Yes, Brian knows about it and got copies of their responses back when I did it.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
The only difference is during what time of year you can use them.

Okay, so that's nice. But what exactly do you mean? Does gold plus have higher MF's than say, gold?

What was the point of having that distinction anyway?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, so that's nice. But what exactly do you mean? Does gold plus have higher MF's than say, gold?

What was the point of having that distinction anyway?
MFs are usually the same. Gold Plus is usually slightly better weeks. Some resorts (mostly those in CA desert) have both gold and gold plus season. I suspect it is more for marketing and sales than anything else. For those resorts they could have sold the gold as silver instead, but silver doesn't sound as good. At SBP the highest season is gold plus, then the next one down is gold. They could have just made the highest eason Platinum. Though it may also have something to do with SO allocations. Looking at the SO chart, there are patterns to how the SOs are allocated and the season associated with those SOs.

lrwilliams1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It says on my deed Bella Florida Condominium. We've owned it since 2002 but we are now 76 and not good health. Our children do not want a timeshare. We need to not own it anymore.

Hi Linda, I am interested in your Vistana timeshare. Have you already sold yit? How many StarOptions do you own?

LaTonya

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I received a reply regarding my deedback for WDW Biennial. Was told that they were not taking back biennial contracts at this time but I can send in my info. Until then, use the external market.

It would be beneficial if the website notated annual contracts only at this time.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
why would they not take EOY contracts back? They put all contracts into a trust so what difference does it make? To me it sounds like a lame excuse not to take your contract. I bet if you had an OF Hawaii they would take it back (not that you would give it to them)

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
It doesn’t take much to add the minimum requirements. Instead they are having ppl send in inquiries and then cherry picking.