• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Transfer dept phone number (and timeframe)

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
The 37,000 Flex was priced at $15,518. We were at Ka’anapali on an Encore package so they gave us a discount of $1,795 off that price. This deal allowed us to retro the 81,000 resale Flex to have full StarOptions status including conversion to ClubPoints. Even though our resale WKV was mandatory, it didn't qualify for ClubPoints. This deal gave it Club Points status. We did this to get over 10,000 Club Points which got us Presidential Vistana status and Platinum Bonvoy status. The deal also included 74,000 bonus StarOptions to be used by the end of 2026.
Thank you for the information. 37,000 annual contract appears to be the purchase needed to retro 2 resale weeks.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Received notice that our deed was completed with Vistana Transfer Dept: 99 days from when they received the deed to notification. 106 days from completed Deed filing at the county by LT Transfers.

Have some questions on whether this is set up correctly because of our trust:

1) Our Revocable Living Trust is listed as the "Entity owner", my DH and I are "Entity Representatives" in their system. First CSR said we each should also be listed in the "Entity owner" field e.g. "Firstname Lastname, Trustee" . She said the trust is also listed in the system the same way as our deed (she didn't say where).

Second CSR I called said some deeds are set up differently in the system for these fields but it does not matter but in all cases The trust is listed in all as entity owner and we are either listed as owners or entity representatives in addition to the trust. We have not had issues using our account and both accounts are combined into the same login so there must be some consistency. I cannot see what the CSRs see in their system. There is no way to call Vistana Transfer services - only email which makes describing the issue difficult. (would love a lawyer like @LeslieDet who is familiar with MVC systems to confirm the correct way to set this up.)

2) First CSR said we would not be able to combine this voluntary deed with our resale mandatory deeds in the same login because it is not a "corporate account" Therefore we would need a separate Vistana login. Is this correct?

3) CSR told me that we need to contact II to set up and pay for a separate II account for this voluntary deed. Is this correct? Or does Vistana set this up and I pay for it separately via II?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
2) First CSR said we would not be able to combine this voluntary deed with our resale mandatory deeds in the same login because it is not a "corporate account" Therefore we would need a separate Vistana login. Is this correct?

3) CSR told me that we need to contact II to set up and pay for a separate II account for this voluntary deed. Is this correct? Or does Vistana set this up and I pay for it separately via II?
I can't speak to the trust issue, but may be able to answer these.

As for #2. Since it is a voluntary deed, I don't think it matters if it has its own login or one combined with your mandatory VOIs. Other than convenience, that deed kinda stands on its own.

#3 For voluntary deeds, you need an individual II account. Vistana won't set one up for you. If you have one through some other ownership, you can use that. If you don't already have an individual account for which you pay an annual membership fee to II for yourself, you need to call them or set it up online by using the Join option.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Our Revocable Living Trust is listed as the "Entity owner", my DH and I are "Entity Representatives" in their system. First CSR said we each should also be listed in the "Entity owner" field e.g. "Firstname Lastname, Trustee" . She said the trust is also listed in the system the same way as our deed (she didn't say where).

Second CSR I called said some deeds are set up differently in the system for these fields but it does not matter but in all cases The trust is listed in all as entity owner and we are either listed as owners or entity representatives in addition to the trust. We have not had issues using our account and both accounts are combined into the same login so there must be some consistency. I cannot see what the CSRs see in their system. There is no way to call Vistana Transfer services - only email which makes describing the issue difficult. (would love a lawyer like @LeslieDet who is familiar with MVC systems to confirm the correct way to set this up.)
I own my Westin VOI in my revocable living trust. All bills are addressed to my Trust, with my name shown as trustee of that trust. When I make a reservation, it will automatically populate my name followed by "trustee" as you've listed "Firstname Lastname, Trustee". Your trust is the owner, and I believe that the CSR who told you that you also needed to be listed as "entity owner" is wrong. You are not the owner, the trust is the owner, and that is how ownership is maintained seamlessly if the original trustee dies or resigns from the trust and the successor steps into those shoes.

I do believe that the MVC computer system is set up differently than the Vistana dashboard; because on MVC side, there is an owner number account generated for a trust, as owner, and then the trustees will also have their own login. Only the one person designated as primary on the MVC side will see the bills that go to the trust owner ID, even when both owners are co-trustees of the trust.

Not sure if that answers your question or not.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI
Vistana received Transfer paperwork 4/9/2024
Vistana cashed check 4/15/2024
Vistana emailed closing company 7/16/24 that they expect to get to it in another 2 weeks
So yesterday I received info that Vistana finished processing this about a week ago.
It is a WKORV VOI and is in my trust along with other VOI's
As part of the purchase I reimbursed for and am entitled to 2024 usage/points
Vistana says that they can not merge it with my existing account because it is an entity ownership (trust, corporation, llc etc)
They believe they can link it with my existing account in a week or two
My existing account is Executive so points can be banked until the end of this month but unless the accounts are at least linked I really will not have any real use for the points
Looks like the new VOI is set up in my II account so a deposit in II should still be a possibility (although a poor alternative)
Not giving up but my frustration level is rising especially since 2015 usage has already been negatively affected

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@5finny Agree it is frustrating to wait so long but much better than paying $1700+ in fees that HGVC charges to transfer and enroll a deed. It is frustrating though.

@LeslieDet @dioxide45 Thank you for clarifying about setting up a voluntary deed. Now I know I am moving in the right direction.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This is now becoming really frustrating: almost 6 months from deed filing last April to an active Interval account(!)

106 Days from Deed filing to Vistana Owner services account

So I set up Voluntary Interval account to deposit a week. Here is what they told me:
  • 45 Days if Voluntary to validate Interval International account (even though I set up new account with Interval and paid for it (!)
  • 60 Days if Mandatory to set up and validate new Interval corporate account.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am happy to report that after 122 days (4 full months!) and several emails to correct items in my account set-up with Vistana Title, my resale voluntary deed that closed in late April is now available and bookable in both Vistana and II.

I still have a minor correction to my title for our trust but hope to get that resolved shortly.

Thank you everyone for answering my questions.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received notification that my second WSJ deed was transferred into my name - 107 calendar days or 73 business days from deed recorded.

On a positive note, the week actually appears in my Vistana account even though I didn't have a Vistana account number when I purchased the week and had to send their title transfer department a follow up email once I got one. The email also said that any attached reservations in my name could take up to a week to appear...hopefully I won't have to call them next Friday.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The email also said that any attached reservations in my name could take up to a week to appear...hopefully I won't have to call them next Friday.
And indeed the reservation that the previous owner made in my name has shown up on the Vistana website. Most excellent...even if the timeframe is absurd compared to Hilton.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Disney VGC
The 37,000 Flex was priced at $15,518. We were at Ka’anapali on an Encore package so they gave us a discount of $1,795 off that price. This deal allowed us to retro the 81,000 resale Flex to have full StarOptions status including conversion to ClubPoints. Even though our resale WKV was mandatory, it didn't qualify for ClubPoints. This deal gave it Club Points status. We did this to get over 10,000 Club Points which got us Presidential Vistana status and Platinum Bonvoy status. The deal also included 74,000 bonus StarOptions to be used by the end of 2026.
Could you share the salesperson's email address or DM me? I'd like to retro my weeks with westin flex purchase. Thanks.