• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Virginia Beach or Outerbanks

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
OBC is nice if you have an oceanfront in the summer/early fall but no indoor pool.

Turtle Cay is across the street and nice but no ocean view and no indoor pool for Dec.

Out of your list, I would pick - Villas at the Boardwalk - I would want ocean front and I believe it has an indoor pool.

My whole family enjoys VA Beach. I like the way the boardwalk is uncluttered by commercial junk. We take roller blades, balls - football/softball, frisbees and sand toys. Its our easiest and most relaxing vacation of the year.

Steve

Reaction score
I have always wanted to go to the Outer Banks and am looking around for a place to exchange into mid-February. Would the weather be decent in the OB then? (We are also considering Hawaii and I don't imagine it would be that warm in the OB...my California location has muddled my east coast weather sense.)

No, the weather won't be decent in mid-February on the Outer Banks. It will be chilly (or cold) and windy. The Outer Banks are not even remotely like Hawaii. The Outer Banks are not tropical. In fact, they are more like Cape Cod than Hawaii. If you want someplace warm on the east coast in February, your only option is South Florida...and even that isn't as warm...or as dependable...as Hawaii.

Steve

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Daytimes will be from 35-60 depending on mother nature. It could be windy and rainy.

If you like a quiet secluded place, then OBX in February is a good choice. All the natural wonders including the national parks, etc. will be open, but it will be totally dead everywhere else. OBX is almost motionless in January through March, has activity in April and May, gets busy in June, is full in July and August, slows down significantly in September and October, and has a quick busy time at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

OBX is one of my favorite places to visit any time of year in the entire world. Beautiful, natural, relaxing, and great seafood.

I have always wanted to go to the Outer Banks and am looking around for a place to exchange into mid-February. Would the weather be decent in the OB then? (We are also considering Hawaii and I don't imagine it would be that warm in the OB...my California location has muddled my east coast weather sense.)

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Thank you Steve and Big Matt. Just what I needed to know. It sounds like it would be lovely --but not in a warm and sunny way-- in Feb. I have spent time on the Cape in the winter months and as long as you are into nature, fireplaces, reading and solitude it can be quite specactular. I guess I need to decide if I that is what want this year or if I want warm and sunny (Hawaii or the Keys) :) .

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score

February weather is up and down. It may be in the 60's and nice or in the 30's and nasty. March is a better bet on weather if you want off season.

Travelmom64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Festival of Lights

Lisa,

Here are the resorts I found available for 2nd weekend of Dec
RCI
The Colony (#0015)
Barclay Towers (#1407)
II
Beach Quarters
Ocean Beach Club
Turtle Cay
Villas at the Boardwalk
Any one good? We could also stay at a hotel for just one night.
Thanks,
Jane

Jane,
The Ocean Beach Club is new and very nice, and in the more upscale area I was speaking of (34th Street) next to the Residence Inn (32nd St) and Hilton (30th). We have stayed at the Residence Inn twice and have been pleased, if you decide to go with a hotel. The Springhill Suites is also new and very nice, but further south on 9th.

Lisa

NTHC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Las Vegas, Massanutten
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Regal Vista, Wyndham, Bluegreen, Diamond
Don,
I suppose I should have said amusement rides...because there really isn't an amusement park(Busch Gardens type of thing) within walking distance in VA Beach. There is an area with probably 10 rides that you can get to by walking or biking from most of the hotels on the beach. During our visit last June there was also a carnival at Mt. Trashmore but that was about a 15 minute drive.

Thanks,
Cindy

RDB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Beach Club - Beach shot in Feb

We were there last Feb. Nothing happening. No parking problem. No lines. No crowds. Many businesses were closed. We enjoyed the solitude.

No wait time. We enjoyed that wait staff actually could take time to wait on us.

It was cold and windy.
Here's a picture of beach from the balcony.

OBC021.JPG

Robert