• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIP and resale points?

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are already VIP and buy resale points will the resale points have vip benefits? I feel so like a non owner because all my points are resale.

thanks Daniel Northover

Still missing my little debbie marshmallow supremes!!
please call little debbie and request to bring them back

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes, for now. Resale are not supposed to be eligible for VIP benefits, but at the moment they do not distinguish them. (this is from personal experience) If they ever implement the new reservation system, it is supposed to be able to tell the difference, so at that time the answer would be no.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
If you are already VIP and buy resale points will the resale points have vip benefits? I feel so like a non owner because all my points are resale.

When the maintenance fees come out of your checking account don't you feel like an owner???

All of our points are resale and we have never felt discriminated against during check-in or otherwise because of that fact. Have you experienced something specific at a resort that would like you feel like a non-owner?

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes They told me I am not really an owner I say good give me my money back that I paid for maintenence fees

Daniel

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
yes They told me I am not really an owner I say good give me my money back that I paid for maintenence fees

Daniel

Well, "they" are wrong. I assume "they" are salespeople. I've never talked to "them," and I've never felt like a non-owner. My points spend just fine!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

Daniel

"they" HAVE to be salespeople. Next time you go to an "owner update," and these knuckleheads say this to you, tell them you OWN X points, which is X more points than THEY own, and you got it for Y dollars. If you say it loud and often enough, they'll give you your trinket and send you on your way.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told I was clubwyndham select

Dan

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told I was clubwyndham select

Dan

Club Wyndham plus has 3 (actually now 4) separate sub parts

1) club wyndham select (points that are symbolic of a deeded ownership)
2) club Wyndham Access (points that represent your share of a pool of deeded ownerships)
3) Presidential Reserve (your underling deeds are for specific units that have been furnished a little nicer than the "regular" units)
4) Margaritaville (your points overlay specific units at certain resorts that have Jimmy Buffits name on the sign)

There are more sub groups coming like Club Wyndham Brazil and Club Wyndham Asia

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Club Wyndham plus has 3 (actually now 4) separate sub parts

1) club wyndham select (points that are symbolic of a deeded ownership)
2) club Wyndham Access (points that represent your share of a pool of deeded ownerships)
3) Presidential Reserve (your underling deeds are for specific units that have been furnished a little nicer than the "regular" units)
4) Margaritaville (your points overlay specific units at certain resorts that have Jimmy Buffits name on the sign)

There are more sub groups coming like Club Wyndham Brazil and Club Wyndham Asia

And not too far off Club Wyndham Ron, I suspect.:hysterical: