• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIN INC/TCS closing services

dwsupt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that there has been alot written about VIN and TSC and how they operate. But I had to post and brag on them. It has been said they are slow in closing, but in their defense here was my experience:

8-22-08 Auction closed- Won 163K week at Escapes to Branson for $1
8-25-08 Closing papers are received by email
8-26-08 Faxed back closing papers
9-08-08 Deed issued
9-16-08 Deed filed in county
9-29-08 Deed in hand

Not too bad of a turn around in my opinion. I'll wait and see how long it takes the resort to transfer it.
:cheer: :banana: :whoopie:
UPDATE: CAlled Resort- no paperwork on their desks yet. Sending out new meember info anyway.

Last edited:

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have purchased many weeks from them and have never had a problem. Sometimes closing does take a while, but it isn't always in their control. Sometimes it is the resort and sometimes the county office where the deed is recorded that is the problem. If you need to make a reservation for next year and the deeding process is taking too long, they will reserve the week for you since they put the deed in their name and can do so as the owner.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
VIN/TCS -- My experience

July 28 -- close of eBay auction (Sheraton Broadway Plantation, to the extent that matters)

Aug 19 -- deed recorded

Sept 5 -- date Starwood transferred my ownership on its books

So it took a total of 39 days from close of auction to transfer of ownership, the conclusion of all tasks for which VIN and TCS were responsible. Yes, I pushed them frequently, but both organizations knew what had to be done and acted promptly. During those 39 days, VIN also made me my week 32 reservation for calendar 2009 which transferred to me.

Two other dates:

Sept 20 -- date I inadvertently found out Starwood had transferred ownership (I called Starwood to make a reservation on another property and this new ownership came up in the discussion)

Sept 23 -- date I received Starwood's letter dated September 5

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
The significant delays I've received from VIN/TCS are always related to errors that I caught along the way and my repeated efforts to get them to understand the error and then correct them (often more then once).

If I hadn't noticed problems, the closing probably would have taken less than 60 days.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
A recorded deed is not the same thing as a valid deed. There are only a limited number of things that the recorder looks at, and there are quite a few others they don't look at that can make the deed worthless. I have seen MANY worthless deeds prepared by timeshare closing companies not located in the same state as the timeshare, but I have not seen such mistakes by local closers. There is one out of state closing company called PCS Closings that says it uses actual local attorneys to prepare legal documents, which should make them okay, and is a far different thing than being ''supervised'' by an out of state attorney as many of these companies are. The latter is of little more value than if they were supervised by Bozo the Clown.

Last edited:

bengates2860

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vin/TSC Consider yourself Lucky

They are fine until their is a problem. I purchased two with no problem. Third took 6 months and once it was transfered it came with a new $1K assessment.

Although all of their paperwork and ads say they will provide you with a clear and free title, not true.

Like I said they are fine until a problem come along. Not worth it. I am currently working with the Florida licensing authorities as Vin are not licensed real estate people.

They are one and the same. Same building and same people running it.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a ski week at Eagle Point in Vail from them and it was probably the smoothest TS purchase I've ever done. They were very responsive to any questions / requests I had and the process went pretty fast. I think it got closed within about 30-45 days.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought several weeks and Points packages over the past two years and all went well. BUT there have been major errors and delays on the last two. What is even more disturbing is the total lack of approriate follow-up to correct the errors. Lots of lame excuses, outright lies, promises made and not kept, and no resolution of the problems. I may have to demand a total refund and cancellation of both deals.

Buyer beware! This company has greatly deteriorated in recent months. You never reach the same person twice. You're often times told that the person you spoke with last time (the one who seemed so sincere when promising to straighten things out quickly) is no longer working there.

Never again will I do business with TCS! Now when I see an auction that requires the winner to use TCS for escrow and closing, I do not even put that auction on my "watch list" let alone consider bidding.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
TCS

I have not had any problems with my purchases from them, I get the paperwork promptly and it seems that everything is done in a timely fashion, the only thing is that the Hawaii one seemed to take a long time, but I hear that's normal

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found a couple of mistakes on purchases from them, all of which were fixed. One week I bought was listed as floating, but I called the resort before I purchased to see if any assessments or back MF's were owed and it ended up actually being a fixed week 26. I bought it knowing it was a fixed week. They offered me my money back since it wasn't as advertised but I told them I would rather have a fixed week 26 (4th of July week about 4 out of 6 years) than a floating week. I would buy a week from them again in a heartbeat. I have a week that I bought from them recently that is in the closing process right now with no problems.

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought a few timeshares on eBay from VIN

I bought one last September 2008, which went through the closing process in a good amount of time. It was a week 34 in Hilton Head. It was in Kingston Cove and they are all free-standing cottages, some on the golf course and the others on the lagoon. I received my reservation information for check-in from the resort about a month prior to the week 34 and a different unit was listed than what was listed for the auction. I did do due diligence prior to bidding. However, this resort's unit numbers are not what is actually deeded. Lot numbers are deeded and there is no correlation between the two numbers. This never shook out during my due diligence attempt. I bid specifically for a particular unit since it was in a very good location (having stayed in this unit through an RCI exchange). The maintanance is higher than what I would be willing to pay for a unit other than what I purchased. It took some effort in tracking down the original owner in order to confirm what the resort was stating since VIN continued to insist I owned the unit listed even though the resort stated otherwise. They refunded my money in full, which I had them apply to a new winning bid for another timeshare. However, they encouraged me to keep the Kingston Cove timeshare. I insisted that I did not want it since it was not the unit that I desired. Since then, the resort has decided to sell that particular unit as whole ownership. Currently, I am awaiting for them to re-deed it back. I'm still waiting to see how this will turn out. The person I worked with at TCS was very helpful and stayed on top of things with follow-up calls to me without my having to initiate contact. I hope this re-deeding out of my name will actually happen. If so, then I can say that I have had no problems with VIN or TCS, except some errors, which they have corrected. All the closings and transfers of ownership have been what I consider to be quick, especially my last two recent purchases.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have purchased 3 timeshares thru them. First two were timely, and one even had many errors of which were fixed and corrected, and even some compensation was made in the original deal. So I am thus far happy with them. The closings/resort transfer were also very timely. I of course, do my due diligence and many times I just contact resort , for instance on my last one of these I had not heard from closing company if transferred yet or not, so I contacted resort and already transferred.

I am now in process of another, along with my young adult son, only in beginning stages, so will see how long this one takes.

So thus far I have had good luck. I do notice though in the last few months, many people invloved and not all in same boat so to say, but I am still happy with them for now.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my timeshare closing was taking almost 6 months with TCS and I had to pick left over 2008 week (only one blue week was left) as a result. I requested them to reserve 2008 week during closing process, but they didn't. For the same resort closing (another week), it took only 2 months until my name was on the system, it was closed by timeshare closing outlet.
When I called TCS, they responded very well, talked nicely and tried to answer the questions, but after I hung up the phone, nothing was resolved until I called them again a week later. At 5th month, I requested them the whole refund including the closing cost and my lawyer would contact them shortly. Within a month from that conversation, I got my deed, and TCS said they processed my case with "express mails". I am still wondering what they did during the first 5 months then??

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before dealing with this company you need to ask if they use lawyers licensed in the state where the timeshare is located to prepare their legal documents - and don't accept any excuses if they try to give them to you for not doing so. Tell you will contact the state bar in the appropriate state to ask if it is legal to have an out of state layman prepare a deed.