• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Vallarta at Canto del Sol

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are getting a bit desperate for one of our weeks in PV. No acceptable trade yet. I see this resort pop up as an exchange as well as an extra vacation. There are no reviews. Is there anyone PLEASE who can tell me if it is acceptable, or better than acceptable. Does anyone know if they have balconies. I turned down a 1 bedroom at Buganvilias for lack of a balcony. I'm also looking at rentals, but so far nothing. Thanks for any help
Pat:shrug:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you check out the rentals and exchanges here on TUG.....

I have been to Canto del SOl, many, many years ago....so could have changed and also think the Villas are a sperate part of it, so who knows maybe they are newer. I cannot remeber why, but do not think we were too fond of Canto del Sol when we went, thought it was just okay but not a let's go again. I cannot for the life of me remeber why though.

Did you check reviews on Trip Advisor?

You do not state when you want to go, so maybe you are looking at a real high time and with little time left or such.....when do you want to go to PV?

Pm me maybe I can help...I'll look back and see if I have any pics from when we went there, but highly unlikely...long time ago....LOL :doh:

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pam, we are looking at a week starting Feb, 14th. Yes, that is a tough one. We go for 6 weeks each year, this is the last one to get. I did check reviews on travelocity and it sounded like a spring breaker resort and we are far beyond that!!
I have been checking for rentals, etc on tug and elsewhere. Lots of mayan but prefer not to do that one. We were at the Grand last year, so can't trade in and hated being so isolated, even though we love Nuevo. It was just the location of the resort.
I've had requests in with Trading Places, DAE and RCI. I don't like the 1 bedrooms at Buganvilias even though we own there, so relinquished. Hope I'm not sorry later. It just seemed a waste of a really good trader. I check daily on RCI and pester both Trading Places and DAE. It's a wait and see at this point.
I don't want to grab this Villa Vallarta at Canto del Sol and be really sorry later. Any more suggestions?
Pat

ChrisBooth

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Villas Vallarta

3 years ago we stayed there as they were in the midst of transition into Canto del Sol.
They are on the other (not water/main street)side of Plaza Pelicanos which is basically a cobbled traffic circle. There is a small shopping plaza area below at street level and Villas Vallarta are the 2nd & 3rd floor above.
Now that it is part of Canto del Sol you have use of all their services and all-inclusive. Canto del Sol is beachside, has a nice pool set-up and a standard buffet type meal selection and another off menu restaurant. We ate at both and they were on the good side of average.
Villas Vallarta has a small rooftop pool overlooking the plaza and a tiki bar set off to one side. Both Trip Advisor and Hotels.com have fairly accurate pics.
When we arrived they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom from a studio @ no charge.
It wasn't palatial but it wasn't gross either. Minor issues of wear, slightly musty AC and more of a Mexican type feel than a lot of the big resorts. It was nice that our good sized balcony with a white plaster balastrade was pool level and we could relax on the loungers on our patio or just step over it and jump in the pool. Staff were very friendly, front desk nice and I would say we enjoyed our stay. We are out and about people, it was a place to stay at night and convenient to downtown. If we were expecting to lay around the pool all day in a fancy resort setting it would have been inadequate. Canto del Sol - which you will have use of - :eek: is more that style.
Hope this helps your decision making.
Chris

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to send you a PM, but it won't go, will try a few more times and if not will try tomorrow.....

ValHam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have decided to take an extra holiday at this resort in March and have had the same questions about the resort - I was in P.V. last month and looked at the Buganvillas and I decided to get out of my exchange with R.C.I. because of the balcony issue -at least Villas Vallarta has the balcony .

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After several days of checking, a one bedroom showed up at this resort for our check in date. I have it on hold with a mediocre trader (does that tell me something)? I also started a search with our top trader for a 2 bedroom. I am not counting on anything with DAE or TPI. Seems too late. Any other opinions??
Thanks Pam for your input.