• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Upgrades

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Is anyone else having difficulty getting unit upgrades? My wife and I have sat thru two owner reviews recently and have been told for the silver level "room" upgrading window has been moved from 2 days prior to 15 days prior...but when my wife tries via phone or chat...told nope 2 days prior to our next stay only.

We are looking at moving from Silver to Gold but not when we can't get straight answers on using the benefits.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having difficulty getting unit upgrades? My wife and I have sat thru two owner reviews recently and have been told for the silver level "room" upgrading window has been moved from 2 days prior to 15 days prior...but when my wife tries via phone or chat...told nope 2 days prior to our next stay only.

We are looking at moving from Silver to Gold but not when we can't get straight answers on using the benefits.
I think the villa upgrade at 15 days prior is at the Diamond level. UMMV.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I think the villa upgrade at 15 days prior is at the Diamond level. UMMV.
The last two times we have looked at moving to Gold they bring out the paperwork showing the new perks...and Silver now gets 15 days vs 2 days

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have been Platinum for 12 years and Diamond for one.
I have never been granted a unit upgrade.
if you are traveling mid week in off season, maybe.
But that's not how I travel.

CoopMcCord

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BlueGreen
We stayed at the Fountains in March/April. Sales was touting all of these changes to Premier Benefits and more time to make requests etc. They pushed me very hard to attend an Owner Review to learn about how great they were going to be. I refused - even after the $200 attendance prize was offered. It's amazing how frustrated they get. Later, while still there I had to call BG about a text I got purporting to be offering a meeting near my home town about changes to BG. The lady on the other end of the call was very honest. First she said they'd never text for something like that and then said the sales people were basically full of it and that none of those changes had actually gone through and were not guaranteed to anyway. If it's not announced on the web site I tend not to believe it and even if it is I know it would pretty much never be available.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
What we have learned from our last two owner reviews...these changes were rolled out to platinum first. Then in quarter 4 they expect to roll them to the other premier levels at that time. Also sounds like the new point levels for premier will go into full effect.