• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta trip report January 2023

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
As usual I am sharing a trip report of 2023 in this thread.

We start with a week stay in 2 hotels in PV marina, and romantic zone. The second week we move to Sea Garden 1-BR and get ocean view room on 5th floor. We notice the restaurants around NV Marina get crowded after 6pm. The crowds have returned to normal, pre-pandemic. We have Italian buffet dinner at adjacent hotel, Villa Varadero (see Google map) for only 200 peso. Another option is Mexican buffet dinner at the roof top floor with the same price. To compete with outside restaurants, Sea Garden (and also MP PV) sell a meal coupon for 750 peso. It includes one buffet breakfast, 3-course lunch, and 2-course dinner, only valid at Rumm-ba, Seagarden restaurant.

On the 3rd and 4th week, we stay at GM main resort. The only meal coupons are 2500 peso for 6 breakfasts at Café del lago and Samba (usual price 430 peso for 1 breakfast). All on-site restaurants have become very expensive. For example, we spend around USD 50/person (without alcohol) the other night for dinner at Gong. Unlike Sea garden, restaurants at the main resort can price their food as high as they want as there is no competitors. As a result, we keep our fridge well-stock after a trip to NV Walmart and make dinner in our unit. The mall where NV Walmart is located also has a food court, perfect for to-go meals.

On Monday we receive an email from the sales to have a sneak peek of the Park (emails are only for guests who opt in to attend members update). The sneak peek starts by riding the gondola at 6PM from Santuario station to Park 1 station. After entering the gate, we see a huge water fountain. The fountain show starts at 6.45pm, similar to Las Vegas Bellagio. I will post Youtube videos of the sneak peek.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
As usual I am sharing a trip report of 2023 in this thread.

We start with a week stay in 2 hotels in PV marina, and romantic zone. The second week we move to Sea Garden 1-BR and get ocean view room on 5th floor. We notice the restaurants around NV Marina get crowded after 6pm. The crowds have returned to normal, pre-pandemic. We have Italian buffet dinner at adjacent hotel, Villa Varadero (see Google map) for only 200 peso. Another option is Mexican buffet dinner at the roof top floor with the same price. To compete with outside restaurants, Sea Garden (and also MP PV) sell a meal coupon for 750 peso. It includes one buffet breakfast, 3-course lunch, and 2-course dinner, only valid at Rumm-ba, Seagarden restaurant.

On the 3rd and 4th week, we stay at GM main resort. The only meal coupons are 2500 peso for 6 breakfasts at Café del lago and Samba (usual price 430 peso for 1 breakfast). All on-site restaurants have become very expensive. For example, we spend around USD 50/person (without alcohol) the other night for dinner at Gong. Unlike Sea garden, restaurants at the main resort can price their food as high as they want as there is no competitors. As a result, we keep our fridge well-stock after a trip to NV Walmart and make dinner in our unit. The mall where NV Walmart is located also has a food court, perfect for to-go meals.

On Monday we receive an email from the sales to have a sneak peek of the Park (emails are only for guests who opt in to attend members update). The sneak peek starts by riding the gondola at 6PM from Santuario station to Park 1 station. After entering the gate, we see a huge water fountain. The fountain show starts at 6.45pm, similar to Las Vegas Bellagio. I will post Youtube videos of the sneak peek.
Thanks for the update. Any update on when park will be open or hotel there?

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a million-dollar question. I won't go to sales asking that question but a concierge at the main pool told me this year. I doubt it.

It would need an army of people to staff the new hotels and park. Does Vidanta have them?

I think Vidanta lost a substantial amount of revenues during the pandemic and they are trying to recoup the loss by price increase of everything and cutting corners. There is a mini SUV parked in the middle of GM Muyil building as a sales trophy. Expect more aggressives sales reps on your future visit.

rpennisi

Reaction score
That is a million-dollar question. I won't go to sales asking that question but a concierge at the main pool told me this year. I doubt it.

It would need an army of people to staff the new hotels and park. Does Vidanta have them?

I think Vidanta lost a substantial amount of revenues during the pandemic and they are trying to recoup the loss by price increase of everything and cutting corners. There is a mini SUV parked in the middle of GM Muyil building as a sales trophy. Expect more aggressives sales reps on your future visit.
In the past, if I recall correctly, there used to be high end cars (Mercedes?) parked in that same location. I saw the vehicle you mentioned earlier in January. Mini SUV seems a downgrade reward.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Thanks Pianoetudes for your recap. I’ll add my $.02
We just got back from 2 weeks in RM. Staying in GB 2 BR. We are GL 1BR owners, but had grandkids coming, so opted for GB. Had a great time. We found Jungula to be fantastic. I’m a big kid at heart, and at 68 had a blast on all the water slides. We enjoyed beach club, and or cabanas at main pool, the days we didn’t go to Jungula.
The only thing that really bothered me was the cost of meals in the resort. In fact, I’m thinking of not going back to RM because it’s higher meal costs, and difficulties in getting off the resort for meals. A big part of what attracted us to Vidanta 20 yrs ago, was great food at reasonable prices at the resorts. We ate very well at Salum (almost every night) but it was very expensive compared to past years.
In fact, we are looking at Cabo for next January. Have never been there before. Won’t have grandkids with us next year. My understanding is getting meals off site is as easy as walking across the street.
Is Cabo Vidanta fairly nice? Is there enough to do around there for a two week stay? Is the Weather ok down there in late January?
Thanks all for any advice.
Jeff

rpennisi

Reaction score
Thanks Pianoetudes for your recap. I’ll add my $.02
We just got back from 2 weeks in RM. Staying in GB 2 BR. We are GL 1BR owners, but had grandkids coming, so opted for GB. Had a great time. We found Jungula to be fantastic. I’m a big kid at heart, and at 68 had a blast on all the water slides. We enjoyed beach club, and or cabanas at main pool, the days we didn’t go to Jungula.
The only thing that really bothered me was the cost of meals in the resort. In fact, I’m thinking of not going back to RM because it’s higher meal costs, and difficulties in getting off the resort for meals. A big part of what attracted us to Vidanta 20 yrs ago, was great food at reasonable prices at the resorts. We ate very well at Salum (almost every night) but it was very expensive compared to past years.
In fact, we are looking at Cabo for next January. Have never been there before. Won’t have grandkids with us next year. My understanding is getting meals off site is as easy as walking across the street.
Is Cabo Vidanta fairly nice? Is there enough to do around there for a two week stay? Is the Weather ok down there in late January?
Thanks all for any advice.
Jeff
Way easier to walk off the GM in San José del Cabo than either RM or NV. You can walk or bus to a variety of restaurants and food stores. The weather is fine in January. The GM is nicely done, but when we were there, they had two pools...one warm and one very cold. One thing that you may want to consider is from the reviews, there is a club onsite that plays loud music well into the night.

Ron

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
I’ve read recently that they closed the club. It’s supposedly being redone. Not sure what, or if it will be open to public. I’m trying to confirm. I’ve heard both pools are cold now too.
Just wondering if it’s a good place for a two week stay? I know meals will be a lot less than RM, as we can leave the resort so easily.
Thanks

rpennisi

Reaction score
I’ve read recently that they closed the club. It’s supposedly being redone. Not sure what, or if it will be open to public. I’m trying to confirm. I’ve heard both pools are cold now too.
Just wondering if it’s a good place for a two week stay? I know meals will be a lot less than RM, as we can leave the resort so easily.
Thanks
It was called Hakkasan, now may be renamed as Omni (?). The Santuario in NV used to pound the loud music until the early morning hours. In our trip to NV last month, the pounding base music is gone, and Santuario has a variety of acts each night to include: singers, acrobatic/strength acts, music groups, etc playing in quick succession of each other. Something like a Las Vegas type variety show. It was entertaining for a couple of hours. Hopefully the GM in SJD has gone in a similar direction.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
It was called Hakkasan, now may be renamed as Omni (?). The Santuario in NV used to pound the loud music until the early morning hours. In our trip to NV last month, the pounding base music is gone, and Santuario has a variety of acts each night to include: singers, acrobatic/strength acts, music groups, etc playing in quick succession of each other. Something like a Las Vegas type variety show. It was entertaining for a couple of hours. Hopefully the GM in SJD has gone in a similar direction.
Thank you! I’ll see what i can get done.

Tried to delete this. I was replying to another message. Sorry. Please ignore.

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dinner with sunset view at GM balcony.

Attachments

• vidanta-photo1.jpeg
    vidanta-photo1.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 24

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We took the gondola to the Park exit (it is the exit after GL Tower 5). After exit the station, turn right. This is the main gate to the water fountain show.

Attachments

• vidanta-3.jpeg
    vidanta-3.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 18

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta has a new check-in entrance for guests with exchange company.

Attachments

• vidanta-2.png
    vidanta-2.png
    228 KB · Views: 41

joetesq1

Reaction score
I am At Grand lUxxe and I upgraded from residence weeks to paramout week as my priorty increases after my registrred weeks expire. I was told after register weeks expire u lose all priority for rooms and level of rooms. Anyone else hear about this lately

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am At Grand lUxxe and I upgraded from residence weeks to paramout week as my priorty increases after my registrred weeks expire. I was told after register weeks expire u lose all priority for rooms and level of rooms. Anyone else hear about this lately

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Would you please start a new thread (post) rather than hijack my thread?

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This video is unrelated to Vidanta. We had a "short" TS presentation at Paradise Village. Units are smaller than GM and MF is cheaper. As promised, the presentation is 90-min.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gondola ride on the way to the Park.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fountain show at the park