• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta RM confusion

utahkennedys

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into Vidanta Grand Bliss RM where we have stayed a few years ago for DD's honeymoon in August 22 for a trip June 23. Since then it seems like Vidanta has made changes, because when I review the confirmation from the original exchange it talks about the fee for a 1BR if confirmed before Nov 22 as $450 which I have paid. Now when I print the confirmation it also says there is a mandatory surcharge of $300 effective Nov 1. Does that mean we are paying both or since we confirmed in August the $300 doesn't apply?

Also when I paid the $450 the rep told me that they should get a $200 resort credit if they show their international fight itinerary. Has anyone received this?

I am trying to make this very clear for them when they show up since it's their honeymoon and I don't want it to be a mess so any help is appreciated! TIA!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We exchanged into Vidanta Grand Bliss RM where we have stayed a few years ago for DD's honeymoon in August 22 for a trip June 23. Since then it seems like Vidanta has made changes, because when I review the confirmation from the original exchange it talks about the fee for a 1BR if confirmed before Nov 22 as $450 which I have paid
Vidanta has / does change the resort fee from time to time. The policy has been that you pay what is in place when you booked.
(if it went up - you win // if it went down - "ce la vie" - your time slot may not have been available when the change was made)

Now when I print the confirmation it also says there is a mandatory surcharge of $300 effective Nov 1. Does that mean we are paying both or since we confirmed in August the $300 doesn't apply?

Also when I paid the $450 the rep told me that they should get a $200 resort credit if they show their international fight itinerary. Has anyone received this?

I am trying to make this very clear for them when they show up since it's their honeymoon and I don't want it to be a mess so any help is appreciated! TIA!

1) Make sure you include the resort fee payment confirmation as this will help the staff member at the front desk check in.

2) I am not sure about the flight rebate on exchanges. I can tell you that Vidanta is offering owners up to $400 flight rebates for booking now for stays thru Nov 2023.
You may want to call the exchange company for an update.

3) Make sure you tell DD about the TS shark tank when exiting customs at the Cancun airport.

4) Make sure you tell DD that the nice person assigning the room key bracelets is there to book them for a sales presentation.
and so do a bit of chitchat & be cordial and decline politely. (ie.- take the room assigned without asking for oceanfront view etc.)

Last edited:

utahkennedys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vidanta has / does change the resort fee from time to time. The policy has been that you pay what is in place when you booked.
(if it went up - you win // if it went down - "ce la vie" - your time slot may not have been available when the change was made)

1) Make sure you include the resort fee payment confirmation as this will help the staff member at the front desk check in.

2) I am not sure about the flight rebate on exchanges. I can tell you that Vidanta is offering owners $400 flight rebates for booking now for stays thru Nov 2023.
You may want to call the exchange company for an update.

3) Make sure you tell DD about the TS shark tank when exiting customs at the Cancun airport.

4) Make sure you tell DD that the nice person assigning the room key bracelets is there to book them for a sales presentation.
and so do a bit of chitchat & be cordial and decline politely. (ie.- take the room assigned without asking for oceanfront view etc.)
Thanks so much

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @utahkennedys
I re-read my recent Vidanta owner promo - it says $ 100 per traveler / up to $ 400 total for a family of 4
Travel by Nov 1- 2023 - Call by June 17.

I hope your exchange company can help them get it as a room credit.
Perhaps they can note something on the reservation.

utahkennedys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi @utahkennedys
I re-read my recent Vidanta owner promo - it says $ 100 per traveler / up to $ 400 total for a family of 4

Thanks!

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Hi @utahkennedys

Off the top of my head, I thought the promotion was $200 / person up to a total of $800. Maybe it is $100 / leg, round trip $200 per person credit?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @douglasmhines
We are both probably correct . Vidanta has done prior owner promotions that were tiered based on $ MF paid / ownership level .

A few years ago (spring to fall 2019) when they did their 45th anniversary promo - my offer was $ 450 in resort credits & my MF to book the week
was about $ 825. A couple of TUG members posted that their offer was double that - but so was their MF.

We stayed at the Mayan Palace NV in Nov 2019 and enjoyed using the $ 450 at the resort restaurants

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Hi @douglasmhines
We are both probably correct . Vidanta has done prior owner promotions that were tiered based on $ MF paid / ownership level .

A few years ago (spring to fall 2019) when they did their 45th anniversary promo - my offer was $ 450 in resort credits & my MF to book the week
was about $ 825. A couple of TUG members posted that their offer was double that - but so was their MF.

We stayed at the Mayan Palace NV in Nov 2019 and enjoyed using the $ 450 at the resort restaurants
I also got the $400, $100 each for a family of four offer.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Do you think the fact that Vidanta is offering $100 dollars per person for airfare is a crack in their policies to limit bookings for exchangers? I mean, why offer discounts to owners to come, but then discourage traders getting in by charging high resort fees? To me, it seems contradictory.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Do you think the fact that Vidanta is offering $100 dollars per person for airfare is a crack in their policies to limit bookings for exchangers? I mean, why offer discounts to owners to come, but then discourage traders getting in by charging high resort fees? To me, it seems contradictory.

2023 is the year travel is back & flights are more expensive - and Vidanta seems to want to fill their resorts; (anyway that works.)
as a side benefit -it keeps Vida Sales busy & that brings in money to keep building the Park.

I don't think the goal was to reduce exchangers per se. I think the goal was to find the sweet spot where the resorts are
at a higher booked level year round - the resort fee pays the basic operational costs of the hotel side for that exchanger week
(remember- these are developer weeks - so no MF income); the restaurants are busy ; and Vida Sales is busy with more newbies and
fewer- "just say No ! "- exchangers. ( ie- the 1 in 3 rule)

[I am sure they know that a smaller group of exchangers will play the RCI - Intervals-SFX etc. merry-go-round to come more often - but that number
is likely a much small subset of their guests ]

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Because as long as people can exchange in for the same cost (or less) as owners, they have no 8ncentive to plop down $40,000-$100,000+ to buy in.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Because as long as people can exchange in for the same cost (or less) as owners, they have no 8ncentive to plop down $40,000-$100,000+ to buy in.
is that really what people paid to join Vidanta? I think I paid $14k total in 2014 for a one bedroom GB with what is now a $1350 fee for usage. need to factor in that I have to renew every 10 years. I guess everyone values things differently . . . but if they asked me to pay that kind of money to have usage rights, i would have looked at a different resort.