• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Owners "World Wide Weeks" usage

mrothwell

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm looking into buying into Vidanta. We love their properties that we have been too, and love their service (we dont want all inclusive). That said, we still like to travel to places other than Mexico also. In looking at the membership info (from last time we went to a sales pitch), they offered us 2 weeks at Vidanta and 2 "world wide weeks" that they claim can be booked through their app for x$ per week. My question for Vidanta owners is: How easy is it to find properties in busy locations, like Maui or Kauai? Have you found it to be worth it for those weeks?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @mrothwell ,
Welcome to TUG

1 ) Vidanta Resorts are great to visit & I can understand why you wish to go back regularly .
2 ) Vidanta is difficult to buy resale - because they have designed their contracts to have high transfer fees.
{ I can add information on that in a subsequent post if needed }

3 ) Vida Sales (Vidanta) includes various "clubs" in contract presentations to add options . This allows you to use your registered week ownership at Vidanta resorts ; AND potentially go elsewhere for more vacations .

4) The current " clubs" I am aware of are run by - Arrivia & HSI

*Hawaii Club - designed & managed by HSI ( Holiday Systems International) which is owned by Vacation Innovations.

*Club Freedom - designed & managed by Arrivia ( formerly ICE / International Cruise & Excursions) -(Arriva also owns Redweek as of 2022)

* Third Home is also included as an exchange option for Deluxxe - Grand Luxxe & the Estates purchases.
It is an interesting boutique exchange.

{Previous Grand Luxxe & other brand contracts likely included SFX weeks;
older Mayan Palace ownerships were sold with RCI access( and/ or HSI access for a period around 2010);
and Grand Mayans may also have access to SFX and / or Intervals International (depending on when sold.}

The companies running the "clubs" are in the timeshare universe and have worked with Vidanta for many years.
In my opinion - these club options may work, but I wouldn't consider them a reason for buying.

In my opinion -It might work better to simple.buy a resale low cost "trader" in Intervals to use for exchanging into resorts that
your Wyndham ownership (and it's included RCI membership) cannot access in Hawaii and elsewhere.

Your Wyndham / RCI access will allow access to a Vidanta exchange once every 3 years (add resort fee to Vidanta due at check / current rules)
Also you may want to look in TUG Marketplace (free) and join www.Redweek.com ($ 20 or so) and rent Vidanta weeks from existing owners.

Last edited:

mrothwell

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
In my opinion -It might work better to simple.buy a resale low cost "trader" in Intervals to use for exchanging into resorts that
your Wyndham ownership (and it's included RCI membership) cannot access in Hawaii and elsewhere.

What do you mean by "trader". Sorry, I'm new to this.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
What do you mean by "trader". Sorry, I'm new to this.
A timeshare ownership that you can easily use in one of the exchange systems to stay at another resort instead.
I'll give an example. I own a resale Marriott Willow Ridge Lodge platinum week that I bought primarily to exchange through Interval International. I bought it because it cost me a little over $1,000 to purchase and less than $1,500 in maintenance fees per year. I can lock it off, so I get two weeks of vacation every year from that one ownership. It has decent trade power and can take advantage of the Marriott-to-Marriott preference period in II. That's a "trader."

Last edited: