• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta NV Celebrate Park (merged)

Thoughts?

• Good move?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get out while you can?

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone gone to a sales meeting on this yet? If not, beware!

They are pushing this HARD. Both as straight sales and "add on" to an upgrade.

Of course they are presenting it as 10 registered weeks IN the park. But the way I read the fine print, you get ONE of the ten weeks IN the park. The rest are sold "with the intent of filling the sister resorts".

Anyone else heard the pitch?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Of course they are presenting it as 10 registered weeks IN the park. But the way I read the fine print .....

They have been selling- Entertainment Collection (also Grand Entertainment/ both new ownerships ) as 10 weeks / years inside park . When you pay the 10 year renewal the Entertainment Collection becomes weeks at : Bliss - Mayan Palace - Sea Garden .

Vidanta likes the RTU model - it allows them to be the gatekeeper .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They had a different entertainment package they were trying to sell us. We said we weren’t interested very quickly and they gave up, but the pitch was similar to that. Didn’t listen long enough and it sounded fishy.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
My presentation is scheduled today. Wish me luck. I hope I can get out in one piece.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course they are presenting it as 10 registered weeks IN the park. But the way I read the fine print, you get ONE of the ten weeks IN the park. The rest are sold "with the intent of filling the sister resorts".

I heard the pitch for Grand Entertainment collection last summer at PP and again a few weeks ago in NV. It included an addendum for Theme Park access. Not sure the fine print about what the Theme Park access entailed because we declined and moved on, but the salesperson described it as similar to the Golf addendum they used to use.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I heard the pitch for Grand Entertainment collection last summer at PP and again a few weeks ago in NV. It included an addendum for Theme Park access. Not sure the fine print about what the Theme Park access entailed because we declined and moved on, but the salesperson described it as similar to the Golf addendum they used to use.

Yes - but there are several different Golf Packages and usually in the very fine print there will be a statement that it can be changed or cancelled at any time. I would not be surprised if there is a similar statement for Grand Entertainment.

We no longer go to the updates - why spend valuable vacation time enduring pressure to upgrade? We would never go to the Theme Park and do not want or need another unit.

We have been owners at various levels since February 1999 and have worked our way up to 2 Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom Master Suite (we have lots of extra weeks available). But, as I have said many times - they are to the point that they have priced us out as maintenance fees are too high. We can do SFX exchanges with our PBEB unit and stay at Mayan World properites. Our Buganvillias Sky Suite also has bonus weeks so that we can stay 2 weeks for less than the price of one GL week. We have been doing some VRBO vacations too.

But, on the bright side - we have 2-1/2 years until the Senior Certificates kick in and then we will be able to go at about the price of our other options for two years and then free! I hope we get to use the Sr. Certs long enough to make a significant dent in the amount we have paid over the years. :)

Last edited:

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was too late for the Senior Certificates! And they have priced me out too.

BTW, if anyone is interested, The maintenance fee for the 2 BR Park unit (which is NOT the same as a 2 BR condo--more like 2 studio units joined together) is $1950. Too rich for my blood.

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
as 10 weeks / years inside park . When you pay the 10 year renewal the Entertainment Collection becomes weeks at : Bliss - Mayan Palace - Sea Garden .

The actual contract states "For each registered week...member shall be entitled to stay in the Resort one week during that 10 year period". They then say they give you an addendum that states "Park additional weeks my be requested, subject to availability...."

Then it VERY CLEARLY states "Member accepts and understands, Additional weeks are designed to fill available inventory at the Sister Resorts".

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I was too late for the Senior Certificates! And they have priced me out too.

BTW, if anyone is interested, The maintenance fee for the 2 BR Park unit (which is NOT the same as a 2 BR condo--more like 2 studio units joined together) is $1950. Too rich for my blood.
Cricket, is this the price for 2 br unit of kingdom of the sun?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. They quoted it for the Celebrate Park unit. I didn't know there were THREE buildings. I only knew of Kingdom & Cascades. On the chart they gave me those MF were less expensive. I don't know what the differences are.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Vidanta web site only lists the cascades and the Kingdom of the Sun as lodging under construction in the park. When we were down in the GL RM, we heard there is a new set of GL units going into building 5B that looks more like what would seem like two studios stuck together that might be the celebrate park units; it’s labeled as a Deluxxe unit and isn’t actually in the park, but the name of the other lofts in building 5A is GL Celebrate Lofts when they show up in RCI or the Registry Collection.

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting Eric B. They sold it to me as an "In the Park" Master Suite. It was called a Celebrate Deluxxe Master Suite. And the contract said $1950 MF. To compare: the chart they gave me listed a Kingdom of the Sun Master Suite at $1600 and a Cascades Master Suite at $1100.

However, it was a "Club Floor" unit. So possibly that is the difference. Club floors will be top floors. So will these be the top floors of the other buildings maybe??

But do any other units in any other buildings have the MF depend upon the floor/height of the unit? Except the Penthouse and 1 BR lofts of course.

(So very glad I rescinded. Too much fast talking)

Pizza67

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the last "owner's meeting" we went to a few years ago, they were pushing ownership in the park. We could care less about that and are happy with what we have. We're also comfortable with our price point and have no interest in anymore upgrades (at least for the foreseeable future).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I included a picture of the Deluxxe suite in NV building 5B with my Jungle Luxxe pictures at https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/OQC1fGKtIZUhedRPVS3FwH1gnFKL2OyNhxAO66M5A2U; it’s the last one. They told us the intent behind them was for families staying in that tower outside of the park on the Vidanta grounds to have a view of the fireworks at the park in the evening after having spent the day in the park. It made sense to me because that end of the building points right at the park on the old map in RM; there are additional buildings on the map that are apparently not going to be built in order to leave more area for the park. If what I heard is correct, they’ll be on multiple floors, though the top floor might be a special club floor. That wasn’t mentioned to me. Is that floor plan the same as your rescinded contract one?

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
Interesting Eric B. They sold it to me as an "In the Park" Master Suite. It was called a Celebrate Deluxxe Master Suite. And the contract said $1950 MF. To compare: the chart they gave me listed a Kingdom of the Sun Master Suite at $1600 and a Cascades Master Suite at $1100.

However, it was a "Club Floor" unit. So possibly that is the difference. Club floors will be top floors. So will these be the top floors of the other buildings maybe??

But do any other units in any other buildings have the MF depend upon the floor/height of the unit? Except the Penthouse and 1 BR lofts of course.

(So very glad I rescinded. Too much fast talking)
Those sound like somewhere we'd like to visit!! We're anticipating Grand Kids sometime in the next 5 or so years so that might be what takes us back to the inevitable kid-mode 2.0.
I'm at bottom basement. We're going to probably move up 1 more level via resale and possibly one more after that via up grade or resale....will land somewhere at GB or GM 2br or if very lucky, lower level Luxxe.

and that's where we will remain.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Those sound like somewhere we'd like to visit!! We're anticipating Grand Kids sometime in the next 5 or so years so that might be what takes us back to the inevitable kid-mode 2.0.
I'm at bottom basement. We're going to probably move up 1 more level via resale and possibly one more after that via up grade or resale....will land somewhere at GB or GM 2br or if very lucky, lower level Luxxe.

and that's where we will remain.

Once the Park actually opens (2019 ? )- "routes " to access will emerge . There is likely be park "day visit"access available to other resorts in PV/ NV as well as through Vidanta brand locations
If you want IN THE park access (ala - Disney TS ) I am sure there will be owner rental or exchange possibilities .

Time will tell / and it sounds like you have time .

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once the Park actually opens (2019 ? )- "routes " to access will emerge . There is likely be park "day visit"access available to other resorts in PV/ NV as well as through Vidanta brand locations
If you want IN THE park access (ala - Disney TS ) I am sure there will be owner rental or exchange possibilities .

Time will tell / and it sounds like you have time .
We have a Grand Cascades studio, so we're already in, just not yet at the rich folks level with the "cement ponds" and "fancy eatin tables." lol

rpennisi

Reaction score
While we were leaving the NV complex last week, I noticed two high rise structures going up closer to the new main entrance. I assume these are the park condos that you are talking about. There seemed to be quite a lot of activity going on.

The day before, I took the beach to the SG from the GM and walked over the bridge toward the old main entrance. True to the way things have gone in the past, a crew was building a wall between the property where the Bliss buildings are being built up to the downslope side of the bridge.

There was also sloping rock construction going on around the body of water (looks to be the end point of the NV marina) that is behind the white office/parking building and the bridge near the Porto Bello restaurant. I am guessing that Vidanta owns all that land around that body of water (across from the 4 condo buildings on the street between the GM and SG).

The Prime 159 restaurant sign is still up, but the restaurant is changing name (it's the one next to Porto Bello).

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that floor plan the same as your rescinded contract one?
Similar floor plan Eric B. But no patio pool and the deck is much smaller.
scan0031.jpg

cricket

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a Grand Cascades studio, so we're already in, just not yet at the rich folks level with the "cement ponds" and "fancy eatin tables." lol

Zinjanthropus, but what does your "basement" studio trade into? That may get you the "cement pond" or the "fancy eatin table"

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. I’ll inquire further on it when I’m down next in April at RM. it wouldn’t surprise me if they have those in the park on a smaller size without the deck pool; it’s kind of like the Jungle Luxxe approach to fitting a Luxxe unit in a smaller footprint. That would make sense if they’re on the top floor of the Kingdom of the Sun or Cascades buildings.

Thanks for posting the picture, too!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You might include the Spa and 2/3 BR loft units in NV as being different MFs for a better location; they’re all higher in buildings 3 & 4, so have better views. The lofts are bigger/nicer than the equivalent GL Villa units, which goes probably most of the for the higher MFs. For the Spa ones, the MF is ~$100 higher than a normal GL 2 BR, but has a tiny bit more room and isn’t a lockout, which also contributes to the difference. I don’t think they target different MFs to locations specifically; if they did, there wouldn’t be the room assignment issue that was posted about a couple of months ago. There are the presidential ones as well, but that’s location and amenities more than height in my opinion.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Zinjanthropus, but what does your "basement" studio trade into? That may get you the "cement pond" or the "fancy eatin table"
It’s a Mayan Palace everywhere else.