• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Just bought 3Feb and want to cancel

C9dieder

Reaction score
just got back last night from Puerto Vallarta, and having anxiety of purchasing at Vidanta On 3Feb21. I’m looking through papers and can’t find how to Rescind or cancel membership...please help us reduce heart rate!
thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Write up your rescission letter while we are waiting for more knowledgeable people than I to come along with details on where it needs to be sent.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It might take more than a 'look over'. The info MUST be there. That said, they don't have to make it obvious. Be on the lookout for a mailing address for a business office for correspondence with them. Otherwise, a simple, plain English letter that you do not wish to continue with this purchase, everyone who signed the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Mail it USPS Certified with Returned Receipt- so you'll have proof that the letter is delivered.

A search shows this Customer Care phone number: 1 800 292 9446

Good Luck!

Jim

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
@Eric B @T-Dot-Traveller @pittle may be able to provide additional insight since they own with Vidanta. Consider sending a courtesy copy to Profeco (and indicate the cc on the recession).

C9dieder

Reaction score
It might take more than a 'look over'. The info MUST be there. That said, they don't have to make it obvious. Be on the lookout for a mailing address for a business office for correspondence with them. Otherwise, a simple, plain English letter that you do not wish to continue with this purchase, everyone who signed the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Mail it USPS Certified with Returned Receipt- so you'll have proof that the letter is delivered.

Good Luck!

Jim
I’ll continue doing more research, but letter can’t go out until Monday since post offices closed now.time limit on rescinding I’ve seen is 3 or 5 days? Thanks for the help

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll continue doing more research, but letter can’t go out until Monday since post offices closed now. time limit on rescinding I’ve seen is 3 or 5 days? Thanks for the help
It's 5 days in Mexico, so a Monday postmark will be fine.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ll continue doing more research, but letter can’t go out until Monday since post offices closed now.time limit on rescinding I’ve seen is 3 or 5 days? Thanks for the help
What area are you in? You may be able to find a post office with Sunday hours. Check the contract and look for wording like “to make changes to your account”. The contract may not say to rescind or cancel. Rescinding is making a change to your account. It has to be somewhere in the contract. Did they supply the contract on a CD or paper?

I agree with Dioxide45, write the letter now. Include the contract number and that you are exercising your right to rescind and cancel the contract. Then find the address to send it to. Make sure whoever signed the original contract signs the rescission letter, That is very important.

How much was the contract for?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They don't provide detailed instructions on how to rescind in the contract booklet, but in the middle of it (that is the 10-year booklet you got) they do provide the official channel for communications with the Company regarding your contract. I'm not sure if it's the same for all of the ownership levels, but the means for communicating in a Grand Luxe one I had handy is by email to customerservice@vidanta.com by phone or fax to 800-292-9446 or by registered mail, return receipt requested to Desarrollo Marina Vallarta, S.A. de C.V., Paseo de la Marina Sur #220, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48335, Mexico. I would recommend using the registered mail address listed in your contract booklet if it's different than this one, being sure to include the contract number in the rescission letter signed by all parties, and possibly including a copy of the yellow coversheet you originally signed. It couldn't hurt to send an email regarding this to the email, too, and a copy to profeco.

You might also ask a moderator (e.g., @Karen G) to move this thread to the Mexico Timesharing forum in order to get fuller input from other folks familiar with Vidanta. Also, please pass on to @Grammarhero the amount you wind up saving by rescinding; he tracks that for TUG.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It might take more than a 'look over'. The info MUST be there. That said, they don't have to make it obvious. Be on the lookout for a mailing address for a business office for correspondence with them. Otherwise, a simple, plain English letter that you do not wish to continue with this purchase, everyone who signed the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. Mail it USPS Certified with Returned Receipt- so you'll have proof that the letter is delivered. [Emphasis added.]

Good Luck!

Jim

To clarify, the Vidanta contracts specify Registered with return receipt requested rather than Certified. It may make a difference in whether you can get a receipt for the delivery or how the local post office will handle the letter. I would strongly recommend following the instructions in your contract for contacting the company about your contract; if it says use Registered mail rather than Certified mail, do that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The details are in Clause 11 of the contract. I was within the five days after purchase as allowed by the clause. I emailed member services of my intention, and received a telephone call in about a day. They politely asked me why, and when I responded about my uncertainty in travelling due to the covid virus, they understood and processed the rescission. My deposit was returned within a few days. I should also mention this was March of 2020 when the covid issues erupted with respect to travel.

He has a point; look at Clause 11 of the contract; I hadn't noticed, but it does have cancellation instructions there. Address is the same, and it says use certified mail (sorry @Passepartout, you were right). Follow those instructions.

C9dieder

Reaction score
What area are you in? You may be able to find a post office with Sunday hours. Check the contract and look for wording like “to make changes to your account”. The contract may not say to rescind or cancel. Rescinding is making a change to your account. It has to be somewhere in the contract. Did they supply the contract on a CD or paper?

I agree with Dioxide45, write the letter now. Include the contract number and that you are exercising your right to rescind and cancel the contract. Then find the address to send it to. Make sure whoever signed the original contract signs the rescission letter, That is very important.

Thnx for great info...actually 2 contracts + new Park membership..2 contracts to split up costs for Grand Imperial 2Br/3Ba. Still looking for changes clause in contract. I’ll check for Sunday hours here, but I’m sure they are not open for “return receipt” services.

C9dieder

Reaction score
They don't provide detailed instructions on how to rescind in the contract booklet, but in the middle of it (that is the 10-year booklet you got) they do provide the official channel for communications with the Company regarding your contract. I'm not sure if it's the same for all of the ownership levels, but the means for communicating in a Grand Luxe one I had handy is by email to customerservice@vidanta.com by phone or fax to 800-292-9446 or by registered mail, return receipt requested to Desarrollo Marina Vallarta, S.A. de C.V., Paseo de la Marina Sur #220, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48335, Mexico. I would recommend using the registered mail address listed in your contract booklet if it's different than this one, being sure to include the contract number in the rescission letter signed by all parties, and possibly including a copy of the yellow coversheet you originally signed. It couldn't hurt to send an email regarding this to the email, too, and a copy to profeco.

You might also ask a moderator (e.g., @Karen G) to move this thread to the Mexico Timesharing forum in order to get fuller input from other folks familiar with Vidanta. Also, please pass on to @Grammarhero the amount you wind up saving by rescinding; he tracks that for TUG.
Thnx Eric, i sent note to Karen, what is “perfeco“ you mentioned?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

C9dieder

Reaction score

Thank you, still looking for contract cancel info, all paper copy, but highly doubt PO open for certified/return receipt services open on a Sunday.

C9dieder

Reaction score
He has a point; look at Clause 11 of the contract; I hadn't noticed, but it does have cancellation instructions there. Address is the same, and it says use certified mail (sorry @Passepartout, you were right). Follow those instructions.
Update...In my 11-page contract booklet, now Clause 12 - General Provisions,”Member has the right to cancel this Contract within five business days from the following business day of the date Member signed this Contract” (Sunday is only non-business day)..send “notification by certified or registered mail return receipt requested”

qb_bc

TUG Member
Reaction score
@C9dieder I did not read this thread when I replied to your question previously, and did not understand the entirety of your question.

When I rescinded in March 2020 I sent an email to customerservice@vidanta.com with all the details for rescission. This email was then passed to the Member Services person at the resort that did the final contact review with me. She is the one who then contacted me and initiated the cancellation and refund of the deposit. I did not need to send a letter nor return the contract materials.

I recommend that you draft and send the email as soon as possible so that is dated well within the five days.

The process went smoothly and was handled professionally. I hope that it works as well for you.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This was in my 1st Ten Years booklet. As Eric's it is in the middle of General Provisions. Check yours and see if the mailing address is the same. Make sure you use Certified mail that has a dated receipt and will give you information that it was received.

1612661418791.png

C9dieder

Reaction score
@C9dieder I did not read this thread when I replied to your question previously, and did not understand the entirety of your question.

When I rescinded in March 2020 I sent an email to customerservice@vidanta.com with all the details for rescission. This email was then passed to the Member Services person at the resort that did the final contact review with me. She is the one who then contacted me and initiated the cancellation and refund of the deposit. I did not need to send a letter nor return the contract materials.

I recommend that you draft and send the email as soon as possible so that is dated well within the five days.

The process went smoothly and was handled professionally. I hope that it works as well for you.
Thanx qc, I’ll do the email tomorrow..and follow up with the letter. Was it just a letter requesting cancel, or did you put your reasons in?

C9dieder

Reaction score
This was in my 1st Ten Years booklet. As Eric's it is in the middle of General Provisions. Check yours and see if the mailing address is the same. Make sure you use Certified mail that has a dated receipt and will give you information that it was received.

View attachment 32038
My contract booklet dated Dec2020, with updated address. Thnx

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
CERTIFIED MAIL may only be used when mailing from the United States (or possession) to a United States address (or possession). REGISTERED MAIL is recognized by Postal Authorities all over the world and can be used from or to any address in the world.

Basically stated; If you are mailing your rescission from Mexico to any address anywhere then use REGISTERED MAIL. If you're mailing your rescission from the USA to a Mexican address use REGISTERED MAIL.....

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
CERTIFIED MAIL may only be used when mailing from the United States (or possession) to a United States address (or possession). REGISTERED MAIL is recognized by Postal Authorities all over the world and can be used from or to any address in the world.

Basically stated; If you are mailing your rescission from Mexico to any address anywhere then use REGISTERED MAIL. If you're mailing your rescission from the USA to a Mexican address use REGISTERED MAIL.....

Time traveler is correct. Use registered mail for Mexico, as that’s what’s legally valid in Mexico. @C9dieder We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.