• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Imperial Jungle Aqua

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I'm in the same boat as you i did for my wife she like alot that Vidanta and i wanna ride my bike across the country once a year and she hates motorcycle and now she is going to mexico with her friends and family and I'm riding му вike.
Happy wife / happy motorcycle bike life

As long as she & you use it / it is a "good deal"
I would suggest you don't go to a presentation & upgrade (spending more $) any time soon

FYI - we bought on Valentine's Day - then we deposited into RCI & let the deposits expire for 3 years.
Then we booked in Jan 2010 to go in Feb 2010 - only Sea Garden Mazatlan & Acapulco had space
We had a great vacation. My wife likes Puerto Vallarta best - so I had to learn that you have to plan ahead & book ahead
I started reading TUG to learn how to use better.

Reaction score
most of you here complaining about cost i dont care about spending 23k vs renting i am fine with current parks i dont need new hotels i dont need new parks i want to able go when i need to go and get set up not to be depending on other owners . We have big family lives around the world couple times we wanted to get together and Vdanta owners couldnt deliver promises insted of master suite they could only get studio and that was a big problem for us people had to cancel international flights and loose money

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
That will work fine as long you do not want to go from mid-January until after Easter. Those "extra" weeks are generally not allowed to be booked in those time frames.

We bought a total of 6 Registered weeks just because of what you said. We often needed 3 or 4 2-bedroom units at one time for our group. Then we wanted a couple just for ourselves. Then we could choose any time frame. We did have the 6 month reservation window with those, so every June 1 and August 1, I was making reservations for November and then February. We also had 6 "extra" weeks that we never used unless friends asked us to get them a week at one of the MP resorts. We did that a few times and sent them as our guests. They reimbursed us for the MF costs. We never asked for more money.

THere is nothing wrong with MP units. We love the MP in PV because of the location.

Reaction score
That will work fine as long you do not want to go from mid-January until after Easter. Those "extra" weeks are generally not allowed to be booked in those time frames.

We bought a total of 6 Registered weeks just because of what you said. We often needed 3 or 4 2-bedroom units at one time for our group. Then we wanted a couple just for ourselves. Then we could choose any time frame. We did have the 6 month reservation window with those, so every June 1 and August 1, I was making reservations for November and then February. We also had 6 "extra" weeks that we never used unless friends asked us to get them a week at one of the MP resorts. We did that a few times and sent them as our guests. They reimbursed us for the MF costs. We never asked for more money.

THere is nothing wrong with MP units. We love the MP in PV because of the location.
MP unit are fine for us we allways out side
from morning till the evening then we come back to unit for change and go fo a dinner Riviera has awesome Salum place open mid night we hang there

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
OK - can send you a Conversation PM tomorrow
We paid $ 16 K in 2006 / have used every year since 2010
I believe we paid $ 5 K down - balance in 30 days
Was there a cheaper route - (probably) - but at the time I knew very little.

So I spent the cost of a new car - but my wife is very happy going every year to Mexico
So am I . All good .
Happy wife, happy life, basically the same reason we bought Grand Mayan in 2012. the wife loved it.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don’t care about the money and you don’t care about a fancy place then you did the right thing for you. Mamy Tuggers are experienced resale buyers and it’s all about the money and the quality of the room. It’s kind of a big deal lol.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Our friends who attended a presentation last week were offered Imperial Deluxe contract. Looking at the floor plan (sorry for blurry photo), it is a Mayan Palace-level ownership, except the unit has balcony.

The initial price was $43k for Jungle Aqua 2BR, Paramount contract: 2 registered weeks + 2 privilege weeks (100 years) plus bonus 1 registered week (10 years) including Park access. Our friends are not TS-savvy (they never own TS) and their counter offer was not accepted. Then they were offered Imperial (non-deluxe) contract - the same price as the OP. But they didn't want it.

Attachments

• jungle-aqua-deluxe-floorplan.jpg
    jungle-aqua-deluxe-floorplan.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 149

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Our friends who attended a presentation last week were offered Imperial Deluxe contract. Looking at the floor plan (sorry for blurry photo), it is a Mayan Palace-level ownership, except the unit has balcony.

The initial price was $43k for Jungle Aqua 2BR, Paramount contract: 2 registered weeks + 2 privilege weeks (100 years) plus bonus 1 registered week (10 years) including Park access. Our friends are not TS-savvy (they never own TS) and their counter offer was not accepted. Then they were offered Imperial (non-deluxe) contract - the same price as the OP. But they didn't want it.
HI @pianoetudes
It looks like the floor plan photo says GRAND Imperial Jungle Aqua
Can you confirm that ?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
It also appears these units don't have the luxury bathtubs like is found in a Grand Luxxe unit. My wife loves her baths in the Grand Luxxe units. This Jungle Aqua Deluxe would be a pass for her.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
HI @pianoetudes
It looks like the floor plan photo says GRAND Imperial Jungle Aqua
Can you confirm that ?
I did not see a kitchen in that picture either. Just a sink in an island. I like refrigerators, a microwave & cook-top of at least 2 burners.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
most of you here complaining about cost i dont care about spending 23k vs renting i am fine with current parks i dont need new hotels i dont need new parks i want to able go when i need to go and get set up not to be depending on other owners . We have big family lives around the world couple times we wanted to get together and Vdanta owners couldnt deliver promises insted of master suite they could only get studio and that was a big problem for us people had to cancel international flights and loose money

Much of the advice you will get here centers around maximizing values. Don't take it personally, everyone in here, to a person, will tell you that if you thought out what you purchased and it works for you, then you've done the right thing regardless of cost.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I thought that the Imperial tower was supposed to built across the road near the last gondola stop in NV.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I thought that the Imperial tower was supposed to built across the road near the last gondola stop in NV.

It would seem that Vida Sales and Vidanta are using the " Imperial" designation for more than one product .

There seems to be an Imperial Gardens - Hotel brand within the NV theme park ,now named Vidanta World.

As well Vida Sales is selling : Imperial Jungle Aqua (aka Mayan Palace) contracts as per this thread
and also Grand Imperial Jungle Aqua contracts.( aka ?? GM )

There also could be an Imperial Residence Riviera Maya (aka Mayan Palace) product based on a thread from Sept 2021 that I linked below.
- [or this could be about an early release version of Imperial Jungle Aqua ]
Does anyone know anything about Imperial Residence Riviera Maya

These contracts also may have clauses / addendums that allow some use of the Imperial Gardens (Hotel) in the NV Park.

Last edited:

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I did not see a kitchen in that picture either. Just a sink in an island. I like refrigerators, a microwave & cook-top of at least 2 burners.

I think 1BR has a kitchen and the studio has a kitchenette. The pictures are not very clear but conceptually they are the improved version of Mayan Palace.

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
I think 1BR has a kitchen and the studio has a kitchenette. The pictures are not very clear but conceptually they are the improved version of Mayan Palace.
We'll only know for sure after they are built. My understanding is there won't be a real kitchen, just a mini-fridge and microwave.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Iam fine with mayan palace we spend most of the time out side by the pool and retaurants or concerts to be honest we be ok with studio but since we wanna bring family we got 2 bd

only question can sell my time shear for same price after 20 years lr earlier?
you wont be able to sell because there is no market (as explained above). Should you decide you don't want it, you can not use it, and then when the renewal contract comes up, not extend it for 10 years.

Keep in mind, buyers regret is totally normal. You are past the 5 day window, so stop thinking about if it is worth it, and instead figure out how to make it a worthy expenditure for you. I rip on Vidanta for some things, but I definitely don't rip on the quality of their resorts. Note that each Vidanta level has a different expectation for quality, but if you are content with the level of quality you bought, now it is just about getting useage out of your expenditure. Don't bother thinking about the extension until you reach that point.

One last thing, with Vidanta if you book last minute you can sometimes get "specials". For example, I have a Kingdom of the Sun 1 Bedroom, with a right to use for 1 Bedroom Grand Bliss. Often times in the summer I can book a 2 Bedroom Grand Bliss for the contract usage fee of the 1 Bedroom Grand Bliss. Call the phone number and talk to the customer support staff. If you are anything like me, what you think you bought isn't necessarily bought. For me, that was good . . . I thought I bought rights to Grand Mayan, and I found out I had Grand Bliss :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
This is an old thread from January 2022.

Hopefully the OP is well past the stage of buyers remorse by now. :)

Last edited: