• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Imperial Jungle Aqua

Reaction score
Hello we just became new timeshare owners of Vidanta .
We been using Vidanta for years by purchasing weeks from timeshare owners and finally decided to pull a plug get our own.
Our timeshare contract includes new tower its not even been build yet its called Imperial Jungle Aqua from what i understtod its gonna be build in Nuevo Vallarta across the river on the same side where Estates are located closer to the ocean .
Anyone has more info about this towers,
emage of the floor plan isbelow

Attachments

• 20220112_204916_resize_29.jpg
    20220112_204916_resize_29.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 471
  • 20220112_204849_resize_83.jpg
    20220112_204849_resize_83.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 20220112_204902_resize_27.jpg
    20220112_204902_resize_27.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 427

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We been using Vidanta for years by purchasing weeks from timeshare owners and finally decided to pull a plug get our own.
Our timeshare contract includes new tower its not even been build yet its called Imperial Jungle Aqua from what i understtod its gonna be build in Nuevo Vallarta across the river on the same side where Estates are located closer to the ocean .

Welcome to TUG

Imperial Jungle Aqua is a recent Vidanta Brand.
I believe you are the 3rd person to post about it in the Mexican Forum.
Thank you for sharing the attachments.

Since IJA is not yet built ; your key metric to current usage is the sister resort details in your contract.

Reaction score
Thanks for respond
we have 3 weaks two bedroom utits
we paid 23k for 20 years then renewal no monthly fees we also got mayan palace and blits incl as sister hotels plus extras is that good deal?
also salesman said its cheper buy now because hotel is not been build yet

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Thanks for respond
we have 3 [weeks] two bedroom [units]
we paid 23k for 20 years then renewal no monthly fees we also got mayan palace and [Bliss] incl as sister hotels plus extras is that good deal?
also salesman said its [cheaper to] buy now because hotel is not been build yet

Have you had any difficulty in purchasing weeks from Vidanta owners in the past? If not, your consideration of whether it's a good deal should include how much extra you are paying to the Vidanta owners over the cost of a week's usage fee as compared to the $23K you'd be paying now if you don't rescind. Given that most of the older contracts included limitations on increases in the usage fees and yours would be starting at the current market rate, it may be that you could continue to buy weeks from other owners for less than you could pay for your own weeks even with them making a profit.

One other thing to consider is that by owning with Vidanta, you are subject to the limitations they have placed on exchanges in RCI, II, and the other companies that limit what level you can exchange back into. With Imperial Jungle Aqua being the Mayan Palace/Bliss level equivalent, that would mean that you won't be able to exchange back into Grand Mayan or above. If you're happy with going to the Mayan Palace resorts, it might be better to find an older contract on the resale market that has lower fees.

Reaction score
Iam fine with mayan palace we spend most of the time out side by the pool and retaurants or concerts to be honest we be ok with studio but since we wanna bring family we got 2 bd

only question can sell my time shear for same price after 20 years lr earlier?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Bottom line answer is no, you won’t be able to sell it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Because Vidanta has it set up so that after the initial contract expires, the remaining usage certificate can only be transferred to immediate family. They also charge a large fee during the initial contract period to transfer it (typically the closing costs listed on the cover sheet) and include a threat to strip all of the contract addenda from it (i.e., the no maintenance fee without usage, cheaper golf and massages, etc.). Also, the interpretation on those contracts that Vidanta provides is that the certificate only allows use at the sister resorts, not the Parks resort it's for (Imperial Jungle Aqua), so it becomes a Mayan Palace/Bliss contract with higher maintenance fees than a typical one. In any case, resale costs for contracts at that level are quite low.

Basically, Vidanta has done everything they can do to eliminate resale value of the contracts and restrict the resale market.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
can you please explain why not will be worth same price or less
While Vidanta has shut down most of the resales with the 10x MF to transfer to a new owner, I can attest that for our first 2-bedroom MP in 1999, we paid $15,800. That came with a Vacation Fair week - bonus week that we could use by paying the MF and go sometime not January- April. Then I learned about resales and bought 6 more weeks with the same 2-bedroom + VF week for about $1500 each between 2003-2006. Most of these had the exact same amenities and the MF varied depending on when they were originally purchased. We used them for extended family vacations for quite some time. We did use 3 weeks to upgrade to 2 Grand Mayan weeks (with 2 extra weeks). Eventually, in 2013, we upgraded to 2 Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom weeks with 4 extra week sand traded in all 6 of our weeks - 2-GM, 3 2-bed MP, and 1- 1bed MP weeks.

Now with MF for a MP 2-bedroom around $1250+, you would have to pay Vidantat $12,500 just to put it into someone else's name. The 2 "extra" weeks would most likely not transfer. Many contracts state that these do not if you sell or transfer to someone other than immediate family.

It is sad to say, but all you own is the right to stay in a unit when you pay the MF that go up at least 5% each year until the end of the contract. As Eric said, you would be better to save that $23,000 and continue to rent at the level you prefer.

Reaction score
While Vidanta has shut down most of the resales with the 10x MF to transfer to a new owner, I can attest that for our first 2-bedroom MP in 1999, we paid $15,800. That came with a Vacation Fair week - bonus week that we could use by paying the MF and go sometime not January- April. Then I learned about resales and bought 6 more weeks with the same 2-bedroom + VF week for about $1500 each between 2003-2006. Most of these had the exact same amenities and the MF varied depending on when they were originally purchased. We used them for extended family vacations for quite some time. We did use 3 weeks to upgrade to 2 Grand Mayan weeks (with 2 extra weeks). Eventually, in 2013, we upgraded to 2 Grand Luxxe 2-bedroom weeks with 4 extra week sand traded in all 6 of our weeks - 2-GM, 3 2-bed MP, and 1- 1bed MP weeks.

Now with MF for a MP 2-bedroom around $1250+, you would have to pay Vidantat $12,500 just to put it into someone else's name. The 2 "extra" weeks would most likely not transfer. Many contracts state that these do not if you sell or transfer to someone other than immediate family.

It is sad to say, but all you own is the right to stay in a unit when you pay the MF that go up at least 5% each year until the end of the contract. As Eric said, you would be better to save that $23,000 and continue to rent at the level you prefer.
What Is MF neans?

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG

Imperial Jungle Aqua is a recent Vidanta Brand.
I believe you are the 3rd person to post about it in the Mexican Forum.
Thank you for sharing the attachments.

Since IJA is not yet built ; your key metric to current usage is the sister resort details in your contract.
i look at our contact we also have sea garded do you know anything about them

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sea Garden is an earlier Vidanta version. In the Nuevo Vallarta area there is one north of the main Vidanta resort. There are a few others. The rooms are a bit smaller than Mayan Palace rooms. They aren't directly listed on the Vidanta website, but there is info available on a separate site.

Reaction score
Sea Garden is an earlier Vidanta version. In the Nuevo Vallarta area there is one north of the main Vidanta resort. There are a few others. The rooms are a bit smaller than Mayan Palace rooms. They aren't directly listed on the Vidanta website, but there is info available on a separate site.
Thanks!

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Is MF neans?

MF = Maintenance Fees.

You've got some excellent advise from TUG experts/veterans. Another point is that you've bought something that's not built yet (as you mention above) so you don't know when it'll be built. As we say on TUG - "When do you know that the salesperson is lying?" - When their lips are moving!

I would suggest you rescind (if you're still within the rescission period) what you bought and continue to rent from owners.

Good luck!

Reaction score
we dont have MF in our contract we only pay as we use . i guess New contracts dont havee MF like old ones did .
Also we wasnt buying Jungle aqua we was getting MP i dont care if they never buil that JA i can use Mayan Palace and blitz .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we dont have MF in our contract we only pay as we use . i guess New contracts dont havee MF like old ones did .
Also we wasnt buying Jungle aqua we was getting MP i dont care if they never buil that JA i can use Mayan Palace and blitz .

In the Parks contracts I've seen, the contract itself (i.e., the pamphlet that is good for 10 years) requires payment of maintenance fees for all of the registered weeks (typically just one). The requirement to pay maintenance fees has a specific date listed. Other non-Parks contracts had annual or biennial registered weeks with required maintenance fees in the contract that were made non-mandatory by contract addenda that were not supposed to convey on resale. You might be correct about that issue.

If you're happy with a the Mayan Palace and Bliss access you get with the contract/certificate, it's a good thing. It just seems like a lot to pay in order to be able to pay full price to use the Mayan Palace while making reservations at the 6 month point. If it were me, I would be seriously considering whether it was a good investment.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @Soliani Di Vito,
You are getting good information from Vidanta owners.

Reasons to keep:
Vidanta is currently limiting some exchanges options (ie) RCI 1 in 4 rule
Exchangers pay resort fee .

Reasons to rescind:
Upfront cost vs. Renting from owners. renting weeks from owners means there is no resort fee or exchange rule issues . Renting may be less costly.

what ever you choose - Vidanta's "hotel side "runs quality resorts at all brand levels - including Sea Garden and Mayan Palace.

Reaction score
Hi @Soliani Di Vito,
You are getting good information from Vidanta owners.

Reasons to keep:
Vidanta is currently limiting some exchanges options (ie) RCI 1 in 4 rule
Exchangers pay resort fee .

Reasons to rescind:
Upfront cost vs. Renting from owners. renting weeks from owners means there is no resort fee or exchange rule issues . Renting may be less costly.

what ever you choose - Vidanta's "hotel side "runs quality resorts at all brand levels - including Sea Garden and Mayan Palace.
So we only made deposit 6k we planing pay in full by end of this month you suggesting eating 6k and screw the contract , we didnt fill out any loans with them .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So we only made deposit 6k we planing pay in full by end of this month you suggesting eating 6k .....

OK - can send you a Conversation PM tomorrow
We paid $ 16 K in 2006 / have used every year since 2010
I believe we paid $ 5 K down - balance in 30 days
Was there a cheaper route - (probably) - but at the time I knew very little.

So I spent the cost of a new car - but my wife is very happy going every year to Mexico
So am I . All good .

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK - can send you a Conversation PM tomorrow
We paid $ 16 K in 2006 / have used every year since 2010
I believe we paid $ 5 K down - balance in 30 days
Was there a cheaper route - (probably) - but at the time I knew very little.

So I spent the cost of a new car - but my wife is very happy going every year to Mexico
So am I . All good .
I'm in the same boat as you i did for my wife she like alot that Vidanta and i wanna ride my bike across the country once a year and she hates motorcycle and now she is going to mexico with her friends and family and I'm riding му вike.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Most contracts now are pay if you use, but they have a starting figure and the usage fee / Maintenance Fee goes up 5% each year. That is a nice perk if you have other places to go. But, then you have to figure that your original payment basically costs more per week. That $23,000 divided by 10 is $2300 per week plus usage/maintenance fee is the cost per week, but if you only go 5 times, then it is $4600/ week + fees. You would have been better off still renting.

Now, you just need to use what you bought. The only problem is that you will lucky to stay in your Imperial Jungle before the 10 year renewal comes up. People were buying the various Parks units in 2013 and 2014 and they still are not open.

Don't beat yourself up, just realize that most of us jumped in and bought at sometime or another before finding TUG and doing a lot of research, so did not get the best deal. We bought because we had exchanged into a dump in Acapulco and when we did the MP tour, it was wonderful and they told us we could move to the MP that day if we signed on the bottom line and paid prorated MF for the 3 days left in our vacation! :)

Last edited: