• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta, has anyone bought on secondary market

Go Griz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Hi, I'm looking at different sites with people trying to sell their Viadanta weeks. Has anyone done this? I currently have a TS with Vidanta and have been through the upgrade pitches. I know all the benefits like golf, spa, etc. don't transfer if you but secondary market. But, do the different types of weeks transfer?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Vidanta charges several multiples of annual fees to change membership (you don't OWN anything) and that the resulting interval has few if any perks.

Go Griz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
It is my understanding that Vidanta charges several multiples of annual fees to change membership (you don't OWN anything) and that the resulting interval has few if any perks.
I'm a new owner (I guess not an owner, LOL) purchased in 2022 and my contract says transfer is the closing cost on our sales doc which is equivalent to 1 x user fee.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a new owner (I guess not an owner, LOL) purchased in 2022 and my contract says transfer is the closing cost on our sales doc which is equivalent to 1 x user fee.
I stand corrected. But OTOH, I have passed on every 'opportunity' they've tried on me.

Go Griz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
I stand corrected. But OTOH, I have passed on every 'opportunity' they've tried on me.
I think that ours in a newer contract and probably somewhere else in the doc it would keep us from selling. That said I'm not looking to sell I'm looking to possibly buy from one of the people selling...their contracts might say exactly what you are, multiples of user fees. I'm trying to figure out if all the weeks transfer or just registered weeks, residence weeks or none.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think that ours in a newer contract and probably somewhere else in the doc it would keep us from selling. That said I'm not looking to sell I'm looking to possibly buy from one of the people selling...their contracts might say exactly what you are, multiples of user fees. I'm trying to figure out if all the weeks transfer or just registered weeks, residence weeks or none.
You might try on Aimfair.com. They constantly have rental and sales listing for Vidanta contracts.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Over the years, I have had multiple Vidanta contracts at various levels. I bought 7 on eBay for Our first one (1999) that we bought from Vidafel says 1 Maintenance Fee to Transfer - when we bought that one, the MF was $365. My Grand Luxxe says 10x the Usage fee to transfer and my contract has two Registered weeks, so $55,000 would be the minimal amount to transfer, and knowing Vidanta, there may be Closing Costs.

Between 2002-2006, I bought a total of 4 - 2-bedroom MP weeks and 1 1bedroom MP week for $12,426 on eBay - which was less than what we paid for our 1st 2-bedroom unit in 1999. I got all the perks and benefits of those. We used 3 to upgrade to 2 - 2-bedroom GM units in 2006, but still had our original and 2 eBay purchases for more weeks and to use with family. In 2013, we traded them all in for two 2-bedroom GL units with all the bells and whistles.

FYI - Vidanta is the current name. It has been Vidafel, Group Maya, and Vidanta.

I put this together a few years ago:

Before August 2002, transfer fees for Mayan Palace units were the cost of Maintenance fees for 1 year. The Vacation Fair week transfers with the contract. (A large majority of these have now upgraded to Grand Mayan and their old units are sold with the new terms.) These have a 25 year renewal fee(5 MF) and 5 year renovation fee that is equal to 1 MF.

From August 2002 - November 2005, it was 10% of the original purchase price. The Vacation Fair week does transfer with the contract. I am not sure they started selling Grand Mayan units before 2003. This was the information for Mayan Palace that was in a contracts that we had. This has the 5 year renovation fee - 1 MF, and 25 year renewal fee of 5 MF.
The 5 times the MF to transfer (sell) to another person started in late 2005, just before we upgraded to two GM 2-bedroom units in April 2006. These also had a 5 year renovation fee that is equal to 1 MF. The no pay unless you go feature was new in 2006, but came with an addendum that if you transferred your contract to someone else, the Vacation Fair (bonus week) and the no pay unless you go feature does not go with the transfer. This was changed later - extra week does transfer.

In 2008, there were some contracts that still had the 5 year renovation fee that was then 1-1/2 the cost of your MF, and still had the 5 times the MF to transfer to someone else. These also had the 25 year renewal fee that was 5 times the MF.

I am not exactly sure when, but by the time we upgraded to the Grand Luxxe in 2013, the cost to transfer your week to someone else had gone up to 10 times the MF and none of the special benefits, especially the no pay unless you go and extra weeks go with the transfer. The new contracts have some 10 year renewal options which seem to change regularly.

Go Griz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Over the years, I have had multiple Vidanta contracts at various levels. I bought 7 on eBay for Our first one (1999) that we bought from Vidafel says 1 Maintenance Fee to Transfer - when we bought that one, the MF was $365. My Grand Luxxe says 10x the Usage fee to transfer and my contract has two Registered weeks, so $55,000 would be the minimal amount to transfer, and knowing Vidanta, there may be Closing Costs.

Between 2002-2006, I bought a total of 4 - 2-bedroom MP weeks and 1 1bedroom MP week for $12,426 on eBay - which was less than what we paid for our 1st 2-bedroom unit in 1999. I got all the perks and benefits of those. We used 3 to upgrade to 2 - 2-bedroom GM units in 2006, but still had our original and 2 eBay purchases for more weeks and to use with family. In 2013, we traded them all in for two 2-bedroom GL units with all the bells and whistles.

FYI - Vidanta is the current name. It has been Vidafel, Group Maya, and Vidanta.

I put this together a few years ago:

Before August 2002, transfer fees for Mayan Palace units were the cost of Maintenance fees for 1 year. The Vacation Fair week transfers with the contract. (A large majority of these have now upgraded to Grand Mayan and their old units are sold with the new terms.) These have a 25 year renewal fee(5 MF) and 5 year renovation fee that is equal to 1 MF.

From August 2002 - November 2005, it was 10% of the original purchase price. The Vacation Fair week does transfer with the contract. I am not sure they started selling Grand Mayan units before 2003. This was the information for Mayan Palace that was in a contracts that we had. This has the 5 year renovation fee - 1 MF, and 25 year renewal fee of 5 MF.
The 5 times the MF to transfer (sell) to another person started in late 2005, just before we upgraded to two GM 2-bedroom units in April 2006. These also had a 5 year renovation fee that is equal to 1 MF. The no pay unless you go feature was new in 2006, but came with an addendum that if you transferred your contract to someone else, the Vacation Fair (bonus week) and the no pay unless you go feature does not go with the transfer. This was changed later - extra week does transfer.

In 2008, there were some contracts that still had the 5 year renovation fee that was then 1-1/2 the cost of your MF, and still had the 5 times the MF to transfer to someone else. These also had the 25 year renewal fee that was 5 times the MF.

I am not exactly sure when, but by the time we upgraded to the Grand Luxxe in 2013, the cost to transfer your week to someone else had gone up to 10 times the MF and none of the special benefits, especially the no pay unless you go and extra weeks go with the transfer. The new contracts have some 10 year renewal options which seem to change regularly.
Hi Phyllis,
Thank you for the great information. Everything I'm finding is it depends on the individual contract. Do you know much about the newer contracts? From what I'm reading all the perks like golf, spa, VIP passes, and such don't transfer. I didn't know the pay unless you go didn't transfer. I was told during my sales presentation that was a requirement Cirque du Soleil partnering with them...but then again, they say anything during those things.

By the way I see you are in Goodyear, I live in Chandler, AZ.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Hi Phyllis,
Thank you for the great information. Everything I'm finding is it depends on the individual contract. Do you know much about the newer contracts? From what I'm reading all the perks like golf, spa, VIP passes, and such don't transfer. I didn't know the pay unless you go didn't transfer. I was told during my sales presentation that was a requirement Cirque du Soleil partnering with them...but then again, they say anything during those things.

By the way I see you are in Goodyear, I live in Chandler, AZ.
Whatever is in your specific contract is what is honored. There are still quite a few folks who still have to pay whether they go or not. After we signed up for the Senior Certificates in February 2007 on all of our contracts, we received letters for each in late April or early May for each of them that we no longer have to pay unless we go. That was great for us because my family that normally traveled with us were no longer able to go for various reasons, so we did no need 3-4 units at the same time like we did before 2008.