• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta/Grand Mayan in Riviera Maya - menu prices?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone by any chance, have any of the menus with pricing?

All I can find are the menus (without pricing).

I'll take whatever you have.

LOL!

Thanks!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
was not too expensive - was just there 3 months ago.

maybe $50-75 for 2 people. We don't drink so no idea on alcohol.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
was not too expensive - was just there 3 months ago.

maybe $50-75 for 2 people. We don't drink so no idea on alcohol.

What type of meal for two were you getting for $50-75, if you don't mind me asking?

IE was that 2 burgers OR two appetizers, two nice entrees and two desserts, or something in between? We'll be there in the fall, and would also love to have this information, as it will make a difference to how soon (and how much) we decide to do groceries.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
our meals consisted of 2 entrees 1 appetizer. 1 soda & 1 bottled water. no desserts. Our entire bill for 3.5 nights excluding excursions was $425 +/- think I pulled taxes out with my mental math.

this included cereal we bought for room, milk, snacks, pool side meals, dinners, & bottled water. The other days we were offsite for meals during excursions and shopping.

The Breakfast buffet was $70 for 2 people and totally amazing! View and food both terrific. DO NOT DO THE SALES JOB FOR A FREE BREAKFAST! :) just pay for breakfast and enjoy the coffee and time without the stress of buying another timeshare.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, they really jacked up prices since Jan 2016. The breakfast buffet was $28.95 or thereabouts (granted, exchange rate then was like 16:1).

I was kinda hoping that someone would have screenshots of the menus with the pricing. I vaguely recall Burger place was around $10-15 USD last time we were there (not counting drinks).

I guess I should've taken pictures. I see this asked a lot on the Trip Advisor forums and nobody has them.
:(

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
yeah sorry - did not think of menu pics. They were "offering" 17:1 while we were there. Not great considering its around 20:1 right now.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah sorry - did not think of menu pics. They were "offering" 17:1 while we were there. Not great considering its around 20:1 right now.

No worries. I never remember to take a photo either. Wow, 20:1. I need to book me a trip to Mexico soon. Too bad going to Key West on Saturday, then Orlando in October and Hawaii in Feb. ha!

Although I suppose I could always get some pesos now...
:)

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
The breakfast buffet was $28.95 or thereabouts (granted, exchange rate then was like 16:1).

In January 2017, the cost of 6 breakfast meal plan was MXN1755 (USD 87). Each breakfast was $14.50 - this is a good deal. In the US, the value of their breakfast is about $25 to $30.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In January 2017, the cost of 6 breakfast meal plan was MXN1755 (USD 87). Each breakfast was $14.50 - this is a good deal. In the US, the value of their breakfast is about $25 to $30.
wish I would have been offered a meal plan.

Last edited:

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been to Vidanta RM several times but never offered a meal plan. Where do they offer them?
AI not offered at Vidanta as far as I know.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been to Vidanta RM several times but never offered a meal plan. Where do they offer them?
AI not offered at Vidanta as far as I know.

At Nuevo Vallarta, the front desk did not mention it at all. I knew about the meal plan from a friend who had been there previously. Unlike the experiences of many reviewers on TripAdvisor, our concierge was hardly at the desk, and did not do much for us. When we did finally see the concierge, we were told to go to the lobby to purchase the vouchers there. The 6 dinner vouchers may be shared. We used 2 vouchers per dinner, and shared our meals with our child. The dinners included 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts. It was still more food than we would normally eat. The 6 breakfast vouchers must be used individually, since the breakfast is a buffet. So our meal plan was dinner on 3 nights and breakfast on 2 days. We alternated so we did not eat the big breakfast and the big dinner on the same day.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Was that in Riviera Maya or Nuevo Vallarto?

I was under the impression that only Nuevo had the meal tickets.