• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Acapulco - Grand Luxxe?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Does anyone have any info about Grand Luxxe coming to Vidanta Acapulco?

I emailed the concierge and was told that Grand Luxxe maybe available after Feb 2023. Does anyone know if they remodeling units in the Mayan Palace or Grand Mayan building for Grand Luxxe?

I've sent the same question to the concierge and I'm waiting for a reply. Thought I would reach out to this community to see if anyone has heard of this and/or has any info.

I'll share what info I get back from my email to them.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The last I heard, they were planning to build a Grand Luxxe where the two 1-bedroom Buildings were before they built the new MP Tower where the 2-bedroom MP building used to be. (That took YEARS to build. Like 2009-2018 or2019.) When I was last at the Acapulco resort in 2011, they were demolishing the 1-bedroom units. I cannot find any information on my various Vidanta sites or groups.

I looked on Google Earth and it looks like they are building something in that space. It is perpindicular to the ocean by the huge new pool. I put a Yellow "pin" there. We have been hoping to go to Acapulco in 2023. I figured it would be Grand Mayan.

1659291636841.jpeg

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
The last I heard, they were planning to build a Grand Luxxe where the two 1-bedroom Buildings were before they built the new MP Tower where the 2-bedroom MP building used to be. (That took YEARS to build. Like 2009-2018 or2019.) When I was last at the Acapulco resort in 2011, they were demolishing the 1-bedroom units. I cannot find any information on my various Vidanta sites or groups.

I looked on Google Earth and it looks like they are building something in that space. It is perpindicular to the ocean by the huge new pool. I put a Yellow "pin" there. We have been hoping to go to Acapulco in 2023. I figured it would be Grand Mayan.

Thank you Phyllis, you are correct. I received an email from the concierge confirming that the new building perpendicular to the ocean will be the new Grand Luxxe. He said that a notification will go out to all Grand Luxxe owners when the building opens up for reservations. He thinks reservations will open up around the first of March 2023.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Yes - I just got that too. We will be in Acapulco in 2-1/2 weeks. :) We were planning to stay at the Grand Mayan anyway as we can use a 2-bedroom GL for a 2-bedroom GM and a 1-bedroom GM. We are using a 2-bedroom in Acapulco and a 1-bedroom in Puerto Penasco in early May. (We can choose a Grand Bliss or MP too.) When the "kids" are not going with us, we would rather have more weeks than a GL 2-bedroom for just the 2 of us. We will be at the GL for one week of our Thanksgiving vacation this year with one son and his wife and at the Buganvilias for our other 2 weeks with other family members.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Yes - I just got that too. We will be in Acapulco in 2-1/2 weeks. :) We were planning to stay at the Grand Mayan anyway as we can use a 2-bedroom GL for a 2-bedroom GM and a 1-bedroom GM. We are using a 2-bedroom in Acapulco and a 1-bedroom in Puerto Penasco in early May. (We can choose a Grand Bliss or MP too.) When the "kids" are not going with us, we would rather have more weeks than a GL 2-bedroom for just the 2 of us. We will be at the GL for one week of our Thanksgiving vacation this year with one son and his wife and at the Buganvilias for our other 2 weeks with other family members.
No intending to hijack the thread, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about the Vidanta puerta penasco resort. I was there in 2021, and they were still working on the main center building. Sadly, it looked a lot like it did way back in 2014. have you heard what they are building there? the small newer building is GM (i think). I am wondering if they are going to do the center building as GB?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
No intending to hijack the thread, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about the Vidanta puerta penasco resort. I was there in 2021, and they were still working on the main center building. Sadly, it looked a lot like it did way back in 2014. have you heard what they are building there? the small newer building is GM (i think). I am wondering if they are going to do the center building as GB?
We were also there in 2021 in the GM and went to the update. They said it would be a Grand Luxxe. These units are not as large as any other GL units and the decks look more like GM or maybe GB size to me.

We went several times with our grandson for spring and fall breaks in 2008, 2009, and 2010, so know that center building was there in the spring of 2008 and they looked like they would be more MP units attached to the MP tower where we stayed. But then when we went in fall 2009, they were tearing out some things and adding larger decks saying it would be Grand Mayan. Then they built the smaller GM building and decided to make the center building a Grand Luxxe.

Back in 2009, they had started a lazy river and then filled it in, but then once they built the GM in 2015 they built a new lazy river. You never know about them.

Puerto Penasco is great for those of us who live in the Phoenix area because we can drive there in 4 hours and take a lot of things with us so that we do not have to drive the 15-20 miles into town. There is only 3 restaurants - the one for Breakfast Buffet and Dinner, Balche (MP pool area) and Old Mulata (GM pool area), so we take most of our food and beverages with us.

We are going again in May, but will not do the update. We will be in the GM building. I will compare the pictures that I took in May 2021 with what it looks like in 2023 to see if they have done anything. My guess is no because they are focusing all their construction in NV right now so they can open the big park there.

Last edited:

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
We were also there in 2021 in the GM and went to the update. They said it would be a Grand Luxxe. These units are not as large as any other GL units and the decks look more like GM or maybe GB size to me.

We went several times with our grandson for spring and fall breaks in 2008, 2009, and 2010, so know that center building was there in the spring of 2008 and they looked like they would be more MP units attached to the MP tower where we stayed. But then when we went in fall 2009, they were tearing out some things and adding larger decks saying it would be Grand Mayan. Then they built the smaller GM building and decided to make the center building a Grand Luxxe.

Back in 2009, they had started a lazy river and then filled it in, but then once they built the GM in 2015 they built a new lazy river. You never know about them.

That is well said. You never really know. I have been there a few times and I have heard them say GB and GL. I always wondered if there were equal odds they would just sell the property.

Puerto Penasco is great for those of us who live in the Phoenix area because we can drive there in 4 hours and take a lot of things with us so that we do not have to drive the 15-20 miles into town. There is only 3 restaurants - the one for Breakfast Buffet and Dinner, Balche (MP pool area) and Old Mulata (GM pool area), so we take most of our food and beverages with us.

We are going again in May, but will not do the update. We will be in the GM building. I will compare the pictures that I took in May 2021 with what it looks like in 2023 to see if they have done anything. My guess is no because they are focusing all their construction in NV right now so they can open the big park there.

I agree about the great location. I have a house in Imperial Valley, and the resort is about a 3.5 hour drive from my house. That said, it would be nice if I didn't need a 4x4 for the last mile of the drive :LOL:

As a GB owner, I selfishly hope the middle building will be a GB property. If they do have GL, I am sure I will be able to get a week in GL during the slow season. But as you said, I don't hold my breath on anything with them. You honestly never know what Vidanta will do next. Logically speaking, I would think that having the big building as a GB and the small one as a GL would make most sense. Outside of GL owners that live close to the resort, I can't imagine it will be easy to get GL level customers to come to a resort near the border, but what do I know. :shrug:

Last edited:

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
@pittle We're looking into booking at Grand Mayan Acapulco in a 2 bedroom through the sale RCI is having (No resort fees and reduced exchange fees). We haven't been to a Vidanta resort so wondering about a few things such as hardsell on presentation, resort age/quality, amenities, location, etc. We've been to Acapulco once before and will probably book a few weeks at Fiesta Americana that would start after Vidanta.

Thanks!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The Grand Mayan has been there since 2005 or so. The MayanPalace is fairly new. They tore down all of the old buildings and built a new tower that opened in maybe 2013. They are building a Grand Luxxe where 2 of the old MP buildings were - it is supposed to be done by November.

We were not pressured to do an update. It is not worth 10% off food and beverages to us. We got there late - 9:30pm, so there was no one there to snag us for that tour or update. A gal came to our room with a welcome packet the next day, but did not pressure us when we said no thanks. She did slip a note under our door on Wednesday telling us that we could schedule a meeting. We ignored it and had no calls or notes.