• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vegas Suggestions

PeelBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My party of two adults are heading to Vegas in three weeks and will stay at Marriot Grand Chateau. I know I can do search and reading myself. Given the fact that I will be going on two conferences in two weeks, may I count on Tuggers to provide me with some suggestions? Sorry, really running out of time.

I need suggestions for seafood buffet, fine dining, outlet shopping, show (I prefer magic), and day trips (I will have a car and plan to go to Grand Canyon).

I don't want to become broke when I return but don't mind spending some dollars on a good vacation. In other words, I really want value for my money.

Thanks a million.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I guess when you go to the Grand Canyon you'll go over the Hoover Dam on the way so that's an interesting place to see. Red Rock Canyon is close and is really nice for just driving the loop or you can also do some hiking. Valley of Fire is another interesting place to see.

I ate at a nice restaurant Friday night called Piero's on Convention Center Drive between Paradise and the Strip. It's a older establishment that has been here about 40 years and has an elegant, "old Las Vegas" feel to it. Their speciality is northern Italian cuisine and their Osso Bucco is amazing--one of the most tender and tasty meats I've ever had. But, since you're coming from New York, you get a lot of good Italian food at home.

You've got two outlet shopping options: one on S. Las Vegas Blvd. south of Warm Springs and one north on I-15 off the Charleston E. exit, take a left at Grand Central and you'll be there. I like that second one better but both have a lot of stores.

Forgot to mention a magic show: I like Steve Wyrick at the Planet Hollywood. He's not too expensive and he does some amazing stuff.

Since you've got a lot of time and a car, plan to check out Town Square on S. Las Vegas Blvd. south of Mandalay Bay. There's a really good place to go to happy hour--The Blue Martini. They have half price drinks and appetizers and it's all great. In that shopping area are a number of stores, several other bars, and restaurants including two others I like: Tommy Bahama Tropical Cafe (better prices at lunch time) and The Yard House. There's also a nice theater and lots of little streets to stroll around in our splendid fall weather. It a great diversion from the craziness of the Strip. Across the street is Calloway Golf if you want to play a few holes on their par-3 course for something else to do outside.

Last edited:

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two shows that I highly recommend are The Mac King Comedy Magic Show, afternoons at Harrah's, and The Vinnie Favorito Show at O'Shea's. We see Mac King every time we're in Vegas. It's always the same show but we never get tired of it. It's always funny and very entertaining. You can usually get free tickets (for the price of one $10 drink) in the Carnaval Court between Harrah's and the Imperial Palace.

Vinnie Favorito is about the funniest guy we have ever seen. You will laugh 'til you cry. This is definitely an adult show, so if you're easily offended by off-color humor and language...don't go. Otherwise, don't miss it! "What's On" magazine usually has 2-for-1 tickets to his show which will get two of you in for $40.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention a magic show: I like Steve Wyrick at the Planet Hollywood...
...which is directly across the street from where you'll be staying.

Also, if you are a meat lover, you'll likely enjoy Pampas Churrascaria, a Brazilian Grill restaurant located just inside the mall across the street (adjacent to Planet Hollywood).

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Also, if you are a meat lover, you'll likely enjoy Pampas Churrascaria, a Brazilian Grill restaurant located just inside the mall across the street (adjacent to Planet Hollywood).
IMO, Texas de Brazil (which just opened a location in Vegas) is much better than Pampas, hands down, if you are looking for a Brazilian-style steakhouse.

Kurt

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just ate at Texas de Brazil (which is in Town Square) last week. The food there was wonderful. The food was excellently seasoned, and the buffet/salad area had many upscale offerrings. It is much more upscale than Pampas. Pampas is about $15. per person less. If you have a car available and are willing to spend close to $100/2 persons, then I'd recommend Texas de Brazil.

If you plan to go there, look up its location on the Town Square map before you go (it's somewhere on the 'net), cause it is way off on the end of a side street. Or make sure you enter Town Square from Sunset, and you'll run right up on it. Otherwise you'll never find it, cause its not on one of Town Square's main drags.

Fern

bongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always make a trip out to Red Rock...I try to go at different times of the day with each visit. The colors can be spectacular, almost along the lines of the Painted Desert and Sedona. Visitors can simply drive through a 13-mile loop and stop periodically for some light exploring and photo ops. I love it!