• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Valdoro renovations?

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called the Valdoro - asking some questions regarding my upcoming stay.

Anyway, they told me that by the time I will be there, they will have finished the renovations..and the studio unit will not have a murphy bed anymore but a fixed queen bed plus the additional sofa bed (is that the same sofa bed as in the larger units?)
I was in a hurry so did not ask about what else they are doing..any owners here who know? Just curious!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
That's good and bad, IMO. The queen bed will be much more comfortable, but the studios are quite small so if you cannot fold it up, the living space will be cramped. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Kurt

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were at the Valdoro in July they told us that all the units were going to get an upgrade.. new flat screen tvs, new draperies, bedding and linens as well some new furniture. They said all the leather sofa beds in all units were going to be replaced.

hicksville

Reaction score
When are they beginning/ending the renovations?

I"m going there next week and have a 2BR. What room request should I make and where do I send it? I've never done this before.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I"m going there next week and have a 2BR. What room request should I make and where do I send it? I've never done this before.
If it is a standard (not "plus") 2BR, I would definitely request the 5th (top) floor. On that floor, all of the units have vaulted ceilings and feel more open. As for mountain view vs. town view -- I actually prefer the town view side, as you are overlooking Breckenridge and the valley. On the mountain side, you just look towards the side of the mountain and other condos above you.

Your best bet is to call the front desk and put in your request for what you want.

Kurt

iiderman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know when they're starting but they plan to finish before Christmas. One other thing I forgot to mention.. they're getting rid of those huge bulky entertainment armoirs.. the space in the units will be better utilized and things will look sleeker and more up to date.

hicksville

Reaction score
If it is a standard (not "plus") 2BR, I would definitely request the 5th (top) floor. On that floor, all of the units have vaulted ceilings and feel more open. As for mountain view vs. town view -- I actually prefer the town view side, as you are overlooking Breckenridge and the valley. On the mountain side, you just look towards the side of the mountain and other condos above you.

Your best bet is to call the front desk and put in your request for what you want.

Kurt

thanks, will do