• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Timeshare Rentals

bobadam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate to be obtuse, but does anyone know if these guys are still in business? We have used them in the past to rent out our timeshare and were happy with the results, but recently (past 3-4 months) have not been able to get in touch. Either by e-mail or by phone. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with them or if anyone knows if they are still in business? Their webpage is up but it seems like "no one is home"!!

Many thanks,

Bob

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP indicated they could not reach them by email or phone

http://www.vacationtimesharerentals.com is up and running as far as I can see. What's your problem?

Indicated in post that they know the website and that it is running. They are trying to get someone to respond to them. Can you help with that? :shrug: Bob came on here (first post) and said what his problem was.

Bob, I have never tried to contact them directly. I have only posted listings, so I can't help you, but maybe someone can.

Welcome to TUG! Hope you will return and post in the future and won't get such an "icy" response when you're looking for some help.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peerage

Indicated in post that they know the website and that it is running. They are trying to get someone to respond to them. Can you help with that? :shrug: Bob came on here (first post) and said what his problem was.

Bob, I have never tried to contact them directly. I have only posted listings, so I can't help you, but maybe someone can.

Welcome to TUG! Hope you will return and post in the future and won't get such an "icy" response when you're looking for some help.

I love how one's words, no matter how innocuous, can be construed in a negative manner. The negative judgement is in your eyes only. I meant no disrespect to the op. I figured he hadn't told us the whole story and I asked him to explain his problems. From the way he posted it was NOT clear that he understood how the website worked.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Icydog, "What's your problem?" seemed curt since the problem was clear

We have used them in the past to rent out our timeshare and were happy with the results, but recently (past 3-4 months) have not been able to get in touch. Either by e-mail or by phone.

Bob

Pretty much sums up the problem.

I love how one's words, no matter how innocuous, can be construed in a negative manner. The negative judgement is in your eyes only. I meant no disrespect to the op. I figured he hadn't told us the whole story and I asked him to explain his problems. From the way he posted it was NOT clear that he understood how the website worked.

Problem explained. He understood how the website worked because he has "used them in the past to rent out our timeshare and...."

Your "innocuous" response didn't address the problem that seemed clearly stated and was obviously taken the wrong way by myself. Have a great day and may your annoyances be few. :wave:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
VTR is one of the best IMHO in being being responsive and more fair than most ad companies to those paying for the rental ads.

If the OP cannot contact them maybe he is doing something wrong as I have no real problems updating my ads or calling Traver or who ever picks up the phone that also doubles as their fax line.

Sometimes I can not get in for maybe 5 to 15 minutes similar to what happens to us sometimes trying to get onto Tug. I think it could be that they are doing some service work on that site or it could be a temporary problem on my suppiers end.

The VTR site is up and running as of 5 minutes ago when I checked and they can send a email if they are not blocked for some unknow reason on purpose or by accident by VTR.

Maybe the first time poster sould try again.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
They've been having some kind of display problem for at least a week. When you try to look at the listings fora specific resort, they don't all display:

http://www.vacationtimesharerentals...es/Arizona/Scottsdale/Westin-Kierland-Villas/

I have an ad up and the view statistics have not gone up for a while. I assume no one is finding my ad in the list (it's not in the top handful that are displaying).

I sent an e-mail to ask about this, but haven't receive a response back.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
I had display problems last week and today it is still the same. Both of my ads show start date as the end date, plus entering the resort list about halfway down the list there is an error message. You cannot enter the for sale section which follows the rental listings. This is when using the A to Z resort listings, but no matter how I view my ads they display the incorrect ending date.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess my ad numbers being older and having unlimited posting priviages that we bought quite a few years back is not having those problems as we should be towards the top and also on ad text.

I may follow up when we get back home.

Bruce:D

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Yea! Maybe someone was reading. The listing pages are displaying properly now.

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
VTR listing fee

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to list my rental there but when I selected "no thanks, ...list my rental" I got something like "system error", so I gave up.

A couple of days ago, I tried to list the rental again. After I finished editing the listing and got email confirmation and activated the listing, I went back to check my listing and was told no listing found at all since then.

I guess it is because I did not buy their "market analysis" for $19.95 so they actually would not list a rental free for me??

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have always chosen the free listing option. Perhaps there was a glitch?

dogwood7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented from this site the past 2 summers with no problem. When I tried to "send a message" to a particular rental ad 2 months ago, I too got an "error." I did this several times thinking I did something wrong or just a problem with their site. I did it several times over the next 2 weeks. I even tried contacting multiple rental ads. Each time I got the "error" message. I felt bad for the people renting those ads since I could not get in to try and book their rental. I used vrbo instead.

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could those problems are because the ad/market analysis fee not paid, ie, using the free listing?

dogwood7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can understand your thinking. However, I tried about 5 different rentals (even tried 2 at a different location.) I got an "error" response for all of them. This led me to think there was a problem with the site.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
The site was messed up for at least a couple of weeks

I was trying to relist some stuff on their site, but couldn't do it. I thought it was me or they were tired of me always listing for free.

I don't think that was the case. About 10 days ago, I was able to complete my listings.

I don't believe that it has anything to do with not purchasing their Market Analysis. However, that is not to say that in the future they may change things up with the five free listings per email address.