• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Club

LJMORRIS2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently received several calls from Vacation Club (Tennessee) offering to buy my timeshare and paying all legal and title fees. All this after watching a 10 minute video about what it entails and gets you completely out of timeshare. The cost is about $15K to join their club WITHOUT yearly maintenance fees and YOU CAN TRAVEL to nice places and resorts by scheduling 8-12 months. I watched the video and it does sound convincing. I assume if you “sell” them the timeshare you get some discount from the $15K one-time fee. Anyone heard about this company or is it another scammer. I do want to sell my Sheraton Flex/Westin/Marriott Abound timeshare as a Gold Member but I’m not sure about this Vacation Club

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It may not be a 100% scam, but it undoubtedly won't work out in your favor. This vacation club will be nothing more than leftover RCI inventory and other regular stuff you can book yourself online at any of the many travel website for the same price. They may take your timeshare and add it to the club, but what they tend to do is then rent the good stuff out for cash and leave "members" with leftover junk. My recommendation is to not do it. Don't throw good money after bad. Do you own the Vistana timeshare outright? If so, they are usually pretty easy to give away for free, or even sell and make a little cash. What exactly do you own?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I recently received several calls from Vacation Club (Tennessee) offering to buy my timeshare and paying all legal and title fees. All this after watching a 10 minute video about what it entails and gets you completely out of timeshare. The cost is about $15K to join their club WITHOUT yearly maintenance fees and YOU CAN TRAVEL to nice places and resorts by scheduling 8-12 months. I watched the video and it does sound convincing. I assume if you “sell” them the timeshare you get some discount from the $15K one-time fee. Anyone heard about this company or is it another scammer. I do want to sell my Sheraton Flex/Westin/Marriott Abound timeshare as a Gold Member but I’m not sure about this Vacation Club
It's a novel concept. You want to sell your timeshare by giving somebody $15K? Hmmm........ :unsure:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
If you're really interested in trips the video is marketing, you can likely take some of trips already with your existing ownership. Lots of people on TUG who can advise on maximizing what you have now.

If you want to be done with being a timeshare owner, TUG folks can advise on selling (or possibly giving away--depending on what you own).

I strongly recommend going either of those routes before you spend any additional money.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Getting someone to throw good money after bad is the basic essence of a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Getting someone to throw good money after bad is the basic essence of a scam.

Timeshare companies do it every day with so called "upgrades".

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Nice to see another Englishman Abroad who also talks sense :D

And yet the thread created was deleted?
Weird - I’d like to know reasoning as it contains many of the things promoted here?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
And yet the thread created was deleted?
I think it is because the video has already been posted across several forms and threads. No need for duplicate threads.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I think it is because the video has already been posted across several forms and threads. No need for duplicate threads.

Thanks. Brian let me know.
I only read Vistana thread - IMO it should be posted on every resort specific page as many may not see if they just go to one forum like me.

LJMORRIS2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
It may not be a 100% scam, but it undoubtedly won't work out in your favor. This vacation club will be nothing more than leftover RCI inventory and other regular stuff you can book yourself online at any of the many travel website for the same price. They may take your timeshare and add it to the club, but what they tend to do is then rent the good stuff out for cash and leave "members" with leftover junk. My recommendation is to not do it. Don't throw good money after bad. Do you own the Vistana timeshare outright? If so, they are usually pretty easy to give away for free, or even sell and make a little cash. What exactly do you own?
Thanks. I own my timeshare outright and just want to get rid of paying maintenance fees. I transferred all my options to Marriott Abound for 2023 but realize now this is also a rip off. I did see I can transfer my Marriott Club Points to Marriott Bonvoy points for use for air, hotels, etc. But, I don’t want to have to keep transferring options to points and paying maintenance fees for s timeshare I do not use regularly.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks. I own my timeshare outright and just want to get rid of paying maintenance fees. I transferred all my options to Marriott Abound for 2023 but realize now this is also a rip off. I did see I can transfer my Marriott Club Points to Marriott Bonvoy points for use for air, hotels, etc. But, I don’t want to have to keep transferring options to points and paying maintenance fees for s timeshare I do not use regularly.
Unfortunatly you can't convert Club Points to Bonvoy points if the Club Points came from converting a week or VOI. The only Club Points that can be converted to Bonvoy points are MVC Trust Points, which it doesn't seem that you own.

That said, if you just want out there is no need to pay anyone, let alone some "vacation club". Just give the week away to someone, or call Marriott and inquire about a deedback.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
If you changed your week/options to Abound points, you can rent your points to other abound members on

Vacation Point Exchange . https://vacationpointexchange.com/

You'll likely get about $0.60 per point or so.

Good Luck

Anyone know how easy/guaranteed being able to do that is? With our ownerships averaging around 50c/point based on MFs, in years where we can't use it might be easier to just take the ~$500 'profit' that would give us (after membership fees) than going through the hassle of renting out the ownership etc.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone know how easy/guaranteed being able to do that is? With our ownerships averaging around 50c/point based on MFs, in years where we can't use it might be easier to just take the ~$500 'profit' that would give us (after membership fees) than going through the hassle of renting out the ownership etc.
It isn't that hard and people do it all the time. Realize though that the more people come into the marketplace and advertise, it drives up supply. There are some there that list tens of thousands of points a year (they own Grand Residence fractionals). You'll want to pay the small fee to have them verify you as a seller.

LJMORRIS2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're really interested in trips the video is marketing, you can likely take some of trips already with your existing ownership. Lots of people on TUG who can advise on maximizing what you have now.

If you want to be done with being a timeshare owner, TUG folks can advise on selling (or possibly giving away--depending on what you own).

I strongly recommend going either of those routes before you spend any additional money.
Thanks for your advice. I would like to be completely finished with my timeshare so guess I will take the loss and give it away for $0 so I don't have to pay annual maintenance fees. It seems that the federal government should get more involved in regulating the timeshare industry and timeshare exit companies because these are the biggest scammer ever! While I enjoyed the timeshare for a few years, I am now ready to permanently get out of it and not give it to my beneficiaries (who also don't want to pay maintenance fees!)

LJMORRIS2001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree. Take what you can get and move on.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can contact MVC for deedback or for them to resell your timeshare and you receive about half of what they will sell for. They will let you know whether reselling is an option, and if you, they will accept a deedback.

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

So you are thinking that giving a cold caller FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS to join their vacation club because they tell you they will somehow 'get you out' of a legal binding contract you signed with Marriott? Read that out loud a few times. Please do not do this. With all due respect you would kick yourself later on for being foolish.

I agree with the other posters that you are MUCH better off giving away your membership than giving a club $15k.