• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Marriott Rewards points for a Marriott timeshare stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have copied and edited some posts from the old TUG BBS:

-----------------------------------------------

atkinsge 04-20-2005
Am I correct that Marriott Resort Purchase points cannot by applied to vacation club resort award stays?

And that other accumulated points (credit card/stays at Marriott properties) can be used for vacation club stays?

------------------------------------------------

Dave M & dll1234 04-21-05

Not quite. Marriott Rewards points earned by turning in the use of a Marriott week in exchange for points cannot be used for timeshare stays. Points earned in other ways (purchase incentives, stays at Marriott hotels, Marriott Visa purchases, etc.) may be used for awards for Marriott timeshare stays.

-------------------------------------------------

Dave M note 06-14-05

Although you can’t tell from looking at your Marriott Rewards paper or online account statement how many points are restricted in the manner discussed above, a call to Marriott Rewards can elicit the information – once you get to a live person!

-------------------------------------------------

Dave M note 04-28-06

Authoritative support:

From the Marriott Rewards Terms & Conditions:
Marriott Rewards points acquired through ownership of an interest at a Marriott Vacation Club International resort may not be used to request a reward certificate for accommodations at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.
More clearly, from the MVCI site FAQs:
Q: Can I use my Marriott Rewards® points to stay at another Marriott Vacation Club® International resort?

A: Please note that Marriott Rewards® points acquired through exchange of an interest or share at a Marriott Vacation Club resort may not be used to request a Reward Certificate for accommodations at a Marriott Vacation Club resort.
Thus, points obtained from turning the use of a timeshare in for points cannot be used for a timeshare stay. However, other points, such as purchase incentive and referral points and those points obtained from hotel stays and Marriott Visa card charges should be okay to use for timeshare stays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.