• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Hyatt Points in Interval International

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once I deposit my Hyatt points into II, how long do I have to use them before they expire?
24 months from the start of your week, but if you approach the expiration date of your EEE points, you can make a reservation in Interval for as far out as possible, then add Eplus, which allows you to retrade for free up to 3 times, including retrading into a new unit a year out from your initial reservation. So you could really extend things. And as DAman mentioned, you convert your points to EEE, you don't necessarily deposit them. The points will always show on HRC's website but not on Interval's website.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
24 months from the start of your week, but if you approach the expiration date of your EEE points, you can make a reservation in Interval for as far out as possible, then add Eplus, which allows you to retrade for free up to 3 times, including retrading into a new unit a year out from your initial reservation. So you could really extend things. And as DAman mentioned, you convert your points to EEE, you don't necessarily deposit them. The points will always show on HRC's website but not on Interval's website.

And to add even more details....You can make your reservation as you approach the expiration date of the EEE points for anything available on II. It can be a reservation up to two years out. So if you do it right you eplus it out another year for an additional three years. Not bad.

One further note...do not miss the date to convert your CUP points to EEE points(four months before use week). Hyatt sends out emails notifying me about this so I don't forget.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
And to add even more details....You can make your reservation as you approach the expiration date of the EEE points for anything available on II. It can be a reservation up to two years out. So if you do it right you eplus it out another year for an additional three years. Not bad.

One further note...do not miss the date to convert your CUP points to EEE points(four months before use week). Hyatt sends out emails notifying me about this so I don't forget.
You can still use your CUP pts for II exchanges after the EEE deadline, but before they turn into LCUP. It just doesn't have the longevity of EEE.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can still use your CUP pts for II exchanges after the EEE deadline, but before they turn into LCUP. It just doesn't have the longevity of EEE.
Is there a dictionary for these terms? CUP, EEE?

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

With Hyatt points you have to track their life to understand when they expire and when they become limited. Your points are tracked in Hyatt UNTIL an actual reservation is made - whether or not it is a Hyatt reservation or an Interval reservation - so there are no "terms" for Interval points.

One of my primary reasons to own Hyatt is for interval access and the favorable exchange rate. 1300 points is a low season Hyatt unit but will pull 3 II studios (3 x 430) in prime season. Or a 1br and a studio (870 + 430). Or a 2br (1300) (all examples for a week) . You get the idea. A prime 2br 2200 point unit would pull more than one week in Interval.

So 12 months before your "home week" you can reserve your home week , or start spending points by making a reservation elsewhere (and you lose your home reservation) . You can make a reservation for any Hyatt availability that shows up online and you have points for. You can also make any Interval reservation for any Interval availability that show up in Interval. You will have a separate Interval account from you Hyatt account .

So once you reach your home week and have remaining points not moved to EE (see below), they go into LCUP - meaning they are only good for Hyatt reservations 2 months into the future - and they expire 6 months later. They are not good for Interval reservations.

But if you move some or all points into Interval extended exchange (EE) 4 months or more before your home week, they are good 2 YEARS from your home week. So if you do that 4 months before they can be spent in Interval during the next 28 months. So EE points stay valid longer than points not moved to EE. But once you move the points into EE they can only be used for Interval - not for Hyatt. And again, they do not get sent to Interval until you make a reservation in Interval - so they are not Interval points but Hyatt points valid to be spent in Interval only.

Any Hyatt reservation cancelled within 2 months of checkin are also restricted to availability 2 months out. But their age determines where they go. If it is after your home week they go into LCUP (with rules previously defined). If it is before your home week, they go into RCUP - same 60 day restriction but available for Interval.

Any Interval reservations cancelled will depend on where the points came from. If they came for EE then they will go back unless they are expired. If they did not come from EE they will follow the same rules as stated before - depending on whether or not they go LCUP or RCUP or not at all because they are expired. Again, EE points are valid longer and help you here.

And this can all get mixed together with points from different years. You will able to track all of your points online and they will show up in CUP (valid and no restrictions), LCUP, EE or RCUP.

The rules are actually simple but the application can get complex - but monitoring them online will help you. And if your primary reason to own Hyatt is for II you can extend the life of your points leveraging EE. I do that with what I know I am going to use in Interval going into EE, then making some Hyatt reservation also and paying attention to the EE deadline. Online also warns you about that deadline - so it is not as hard to keep up with as you think.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
CUP : Club Use Period. Generally at least 6 months prior to your deeded week check in date to day before check in. Could start earlier depending upon what you do in your HRPP home resort period.

EEE:. Extended External Exchange?? Deadline for deposit into EEE pool is 4 months prior to your deeded week check in date.

LCUP: Limited Club Use Period. From deeded week check in date to 6 months afterwards.

Dates are listed in your online account.

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
So how do I use my 760 EEE points? Every time I try to book something on the II website it asks if I want to transfer Hyatt CUP points which I do not want to do. Do I have to call Hyatt? I really hate that.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how do I use my 760 EEE points? Every time I try to book something on the II website it asks if I want to transfer Hyatt CUP points which I do not want to do. Do I have to call Hyatt? I really hate that.

Does the reservation require over 760 points? If so it will have to pull from somewhere else and that sounds like CUP is where is sees the other needed points.

If it is less than it should pull EEE points first.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will never ask to “transfer Hyatt CUP” points. After you do your search, it will show "My Units" and you have to pick one of your units and hit the "Vacation Exchange button". Just select the unit your 760 EEE points are associated with. Then, you select the max # of points you want to use. So, for 760 points, you might choose either 1 bedroom with TDI range of 65-85 (740 points) or a Studio with TDI range of 90-150 (870 points). Once you make that choice, it will show available units and the cost in vacation points. As long as you don't pick something more than 760, those EEE points will be used up first without impacting your home week.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will never ask to “transfer Hyatt CUP” points. After you do your search, it will show "My Units" and you have to pick one of your units and hit the "Vacation Exchange button". Just select the unit your 760 EEE points are associated with. Then, you select the max # of points you want to use. So, for 760 points, you might choose either 1 bedroom with TDI range of 65-85 (740 points) or a Studio with TDI range of 90-150 (870 points). Once you make that choice, it will show available units and the cost in vacation points. As long as you don't pick something more than 760, those EEE points will be used up first without impacting your home week.
Studio with TDI range of 90-150 is 430 pts.
870 pts is a 1 bdrm with TDI range of 90-150.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
With Hyatt points you have to track their life to understand when they expire and when they become limited. Your points are tracked in Hyatt UNTIL an actual reservation is made - whether or not it is a Hyatt reservation or an Interval reservation - so there are no "terms" for Interval points.

One of my primary reasons to own Hyatt is for interval access and the favorable exchange rate. 1300 points is a low season Hyatt unit but will pull 3 II studios (3 x 430) in prime season. Or a 1br and a studio (870 + 430). Or a 2br (1300) (all examples for a week) . You get the idea. A prime 2br 2200 point unit would pull more than one week in Interval.

So 12 months before your "home week" you can reserve your home week , or start spending points by making a reservation elsewhere (and you lose your home reservation) . You can make a reservation for any Hyatt availability that shows up online and you have points for. You can also make any Interval reservation for any Interval availability that show up in Interval. You will have a separate Interval account from you Hyatt account .

So once you reach your home week and have remaining points not moved to EE (see below), they go into LCUP - meaning they are only good for Hyatt reservations 2 months into the future - and they expire 6 months later. They are not good for Interval reservations.

But if you move some or all points into Interval extended exchange (EE) 4 months or more before your home week, they are good 2 YEARS from your home week. So if you do that 4 months before they can be spent in Interval during the next 28 months. So EE points stay valid longer than points not moved to EE. But once you move the points into EE they can only be used for Interval - not for Hyatt. And again, they do not get sent to Interval until you make a reservation in Interval - so they are not Interval points but Hyatt points valid to be spent in Interval only.

Any Hyatt reservation cancelled within 2 months of checkin are also restricted to availability 2 months out. But their age determines where they go. If it is after your home week they go into LCUP (with rules previously defined). If it is before your home week, they go into RCUP - same 60 day restriction but available for Interval.

Any Interval reservations cancelled will depend on where the points came from. If they came for EE then they will go back unless they are expired. If they did not come from EE they will follow the same rules as stated before - depending on whether or not they go LCUP or RCUP or not at all because they are expired. Again, EE points are valid longer and help you here.

And this can all get mixed together with points from different years. You will able to track all of your points online and they will show up in CUP (valid and no restrictions), LCUP, EE or RCUP.

The rules are actually simple but the application can get complex - but monitoring them online will help you. And if your primary reason to own Hyatt is for II you can extend the life of your points leveraging EE. I do that with what I know I am going to use in Interval going into EE, then making some Hyatt reservation also and paying attention to the EE deadline. Online also warns you about that deadline - so it is not as hard to keep up with as you think.

So are all HRC resorts/weeks created equal if the points are the same? So for example a
1 br Highlands Inn Week 30 = 2 br Beach House Week 52 = 2,200 points
The fact that one is a 1 Br or Week 52 has no impact on the ability/preference for an Interval exchange. Is my understanding correct?

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
So are all HRC resorts/weeks created equal if the points are the same? So for example a
1 br Highlands Inn Week 30 = 2 br Beach House Week 52 = 2,200 points
The fact that one is a 1 Br or Week 52 has no impact on the ability/preference for an Interval exchange. Is my understanding correct?

You have to pay attention to units definitions. The points chart will show that Highlands Inn has 1br premier and 2br deluxe units. These are both more points than a standard 1br or 2br. But once you map to points - points are points within both Hyatt and Interval no matter where you own.

And when you go into Interval, you are under a corporate account. It cannot be combined with another Interval account but does handle multiple Hyatt ownerships. In Interval it does not matter where you own - you get the Hyatt trading power with your points which should pull about anything. But understand there are internal system advantage for other systems within Interval. For example, there is something called "Marriott preference" which give Marriott owners access to Marriott inventory before it gets released for general availability in Interval. But if it is released you should be able to see it in Interval.

Kal's site is a wealth of info. Here is the current points chart but you can look around the site if you want to.

Last edited:

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
You have to pay attention to units definitions. The points chart will show that Highlands Inn has 1br premier and 2br deluxe units. These are both more points than a standard 1br or 2br. But once you map to points - points are points within both Hyatt and Interval no matter where you own.

And when you go into Interval, you are under a corporate account. It cannot be combined with Interval account but does handle multiple Hyatt ownerships. In Interval it does not matter where you own - you get the Hyatt trading power with your points which should pull about anything. But understand there are internal system advantage for other systems within Interval. For example, there is something called "Marriott preference" which give Marriott owners access to Marriott inventory before it gets released for general availability in Interval. But if it is released you should be able to see it in Interval.

Kal's site is a wealth of info. Here is the current points chart but you can look around the site if you want to.

Thanks for confirming, I used that website before - it is very helpful.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw two points charts on the website:
http://www.bywindkal.com/Hyatt/HRCPointsChart_2017.pdf

Understand that the second one is the right one as that is also in the Sticky. Curious if anyone knows why there is another points chart? Did points change over time? Can they be revised again?
Yes it changed and yes it could change again like it written on the top of the chart "Club points have been assigned to reflect the anticipated reservation power and demand for each unit week in the system."
I remember when Key West resorts changed. There was a lot of happy campers when they upgrade weeks 1-17 to Diamond season.

sng85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld
HGVC Sunrise Lodge
Four Seasons Aviara
Teton Club
Yes it changed and yes it could change again like it written on the top of the chart "Club points have been assigned to reflect the anticipated reservation power and demand for each unit week in the system."
I remember when Key West resorts changed. There was a lot of happy campers when they upgrade weeks 1-17 to Diamond season.
Thanks, didn’t realize that this had changed over time.

RM@SH

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor
This has been an informative thread. We just purchased Hyatt unit and our account shows as having 1,670 EEE points. When I log into Interval, I do not see anywhere that it shows these points. Does II rely on the Hyatt site or do the EEE points need to be moved into II? We will most likely need to purchase the plus option because we do not anticipate being able to use the points by the expiration date noted on the website. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been an informative thread. We just purchased Hyatt unit and our account shows as having 1,670 EEE points. When I log into Interval, I do not see anywhere that it shows these points. Does II rely on the Hyatt site or do the EEE points need to be moved into II? We will most likely need to purchase the plus option because we do not anticipate being able to use the points by the expiration date noted on the website. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

The points do not "transfer to II". When you deal with II you have to go through the II/Hyatt desk. Hyatt keeps track of your points and expiration. Use the Hyatt RC website for the amount and expiration of your points.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned