• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Use Year?

Baggi

Reaction score
I'm now using my aunts two Wyndham timeshares and should be paying for them, but she will verify that this weekend.

I'm planning a trip in May of 2021. I don't own the timeshare we will be going to, so we will book sometime in August or September.

I'm not sure which points will be used though. I currently have 430,000 to use for 2020. But which points will be used for May of 2021? Right now, my log in screen says under Ownership Details, Use Year End Date December 31st for both of the timeshares. Does this mean anything booked before December 31st, 2020, will be taken from this year's points and anything booked after December 31st 2020 will be taken from 2021 points?

Thanks for any clarification here.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I'm now using my aunts two Wyndham timeshares and should be paying for them, but she will verify that this weekend.

I'm planning a trip in May of 2021. I don't own the timeshare we will be going to, so we will book sometime in August or September.

I'm not sure which points will be used though. I currently have 430,000 to use for 2020. But which points will be used for May of 2021? Right now, my log in screen says under Ownership Details, Use Year End Date December 31st for both of the timeshares. Does this mean anything booked before December 31st, 2020, will be taken from this year's points and anything booked after December 31st 2020 will be taken from 2021 points?

The points will be taken from the use year of the trip. It has nothing to do with when you make the reservation. So, based on your use year of Jan 1-Dec 31, your trip in May of 2021 will come from your 2021 use year.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

It would really be your choice right now through March 30. If you have no plans for using the 430,000 points for this year, you have the option of moving them to next year or the year after using the Points Deposit Feature for $39. As a non-VIP that only works in the first 3 months of your use year, so you got lucky learning things early. It might be worth doing that unless you have something else planned for the points before 12/31; your other option is to deposit them in RCI.

If you don’t do anything, as @Rolltydr noted, the default is it will be next year’s points.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

You will have to add yourself to a guest certificate if you are traveling without your aunt.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
It would really be your choice right now through March 30. If you have no plans for using the 430,000 points for this year, you have the option of moving them to next year or the year after using the Points Deposit Feature for $39. As a non-VIP that only works in the first 3 months of your use year, so you got lucky learning things early. It might be worth doing that unless you have something else planned for the points before 12/31; your other option is to deposit them in RCI.

If you don’t do anything, as @Rolltydr noted, the default is it will be next year’s points.
Good advice to use the points deposit feature so you don't lose your 2020 points. If you point deposit them into 2021 (or 2022), you can still book 2020 reservations if they are within the express window (90 days or less from checkin) (you borrow them back from 2021, no charge).