• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

USAirways no longer gives vouchers when fares decrease

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tickets from PHL to SXM in June and today saw cheaper fare for our flights. I called USAir and they said they stopped issuing vouchers as of the first of the year. Has anyone gotten vouchers since the first of the year? I never know if I'm getting incorrect information from an agent or this is true. Fortunately it's only a difference of $30 per ticket.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see other airlines taking a lead from US. It surprised me to discover that any airlines did this in the first place. After all what else can you purchase at a given price, then see at a lower price later and expect a refund of the difference? If the price went up after your purchase I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if the airline came after you for the extra :(
Don't get me wrong, if the airlines are daft enough to give money back I would certainly be more than willing to take it as well. :D

copper

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO it was done to get you to commit to an airline early in your travel plans. By eliminating the voucher refund (that was only good for a year anyway) many will now wait and compare prices on other airlines or wait until much closer to travel dates before purchasing.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
got the vouchers

I called back and asked for fares for my itinerary. When I was given the price I then asked what happens in the event that the fare goes down. I was told I would get a refund in the form of vouchers. At this time I told them I already had tickets and they then proceeded to issue the vouchers which will be mailed to us. This is what I usually do - I don't know if it makes a difference or it just depends on the agent you talk to but I forgot to do that the first time I called.

travelplanner70

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a voucher for a fare that I noticed had decreased on a United flight during this summer. At first the United customer service employee told me the fare was higher. I said that I was looking at the exact same flights on the United web site, and the fare is $40 lower. He then put me on hold for quite a while and came back on the phone to issue me the voucher.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Macy's gives a refund if the price on your purchase goes down within X days. X is not overly generous, but ... it's better than nothing! You don't have to bring the merchandise back, just the receipt. (Hence, it's smart to go shopping a couple of days before those big "One Day Sales!")

Circuit City used to give you the difference plus 10%. I'm not sure if they still do, but I remember receiving it on a TV once. I just happened to be in the store looking for something else, and saw "my new TV" for a significantly lower price. I didn't even have my receipt with me -- they looked me up by telephone number and immediately issued the refund ... well over $100 if I remember correctly.

It's good business -- makes the customer happy. And happy customers are repeat customers!

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As Jerseygirl said it is good business. It ties you to make another purchase in the near future in order to use the credit. So they make another sale. Happy customer and happy airline with another future sale locked in.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Target will give you a refund of the price difference if an item goes on sale within two weeks of purchase.