• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

USA wide SIP only option - NY Times

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This may be needed and it may be the only way to slow down the virus now. It is unfortunate this country was not prepared to handle a virus. I still wake up every morning feeling like I am in a nightmare. This does not seem real. It is like a horror movie. In several ways, Covid-19 has ruined my life already and I am not sick nor do I know anyone who is sick. I never thought this country could get shut down by a virus. I have never seen and heard such widespread panic. I expected more out of our country in terms of preparedness. I thought we were a first world nation but people are still quoting the 1918 Spanish Flu. I guess we are no more prepared or advanced than we were in 1918. Over a hundred years have passed and we are still just as vulnerable. The only solution is to quarantine the nation. That still seems so backwards to me. I still have hope that technology via testing, vaccines, treatments and other advanced medicine can come up with better solutions.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am in agreement, the patchwork approach is just an incentive people for people that may already be infected to flee to other areas.

Similar to TravelTime, i really can't believe how this has unfolded... the fear and panic is real.. I never expected to see our local hospital overrun and begging for supplies... I am lucky enough to live in a wealthy area of a prosperous state, but they still can't get supplies.. the roads and freeways are deserted.. its whats needed but oh so strange...

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Governor of Virginia cannot mandatory closed private schools and private universities. Liked Liberty University, a private university which reopen this week from spring breaks. Students are back on campus in Lynchburg, Va.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The Governor of Virginia cannot mandatory closed private schools and private universities. Liked Liberty University, a private university which reopen this week from spring breaks. Students are back on campus in Lynchburg, Va.

Parts of California are taking a hard line:

I don't about the laws in Virginia, but here in California the Health Department can order private business to close. But obviously that requires the state or local government to be in favor of a shelter order.

Brett

Reaction score
Parts of California are taking a hard line:

I don't about the laws in Virginia, but here in California the Health Department can order private business to close. But obviously that requires the state or local government to be in favor of a shelter order.

I hope Virginia doesn't have to use drastic measures to close private schools and non-essential services

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
David Bowie's old song making the rounds #Donny'sAnAmerican

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This may be needed and it may be the only way to slow down the virus now. It is unfortunate this country was not prepared to handle a virus. I still wake up every morning feeling like I am in a nightmare. This does not seem real. It is like a horror movie. In several ways, Covid-19 has ruined my life already and I am not sick nor do I know anyone who is sick. I never thought this country could get shut down by a virus. I have never seen and heard such widespread panic. I expected more out of our country in terms of preparedness. I thought we were a first world nation but people are still quoting the 1918 Spanish Flu. I guess we are no more prepared or advanced than we were in 1918. Over a hundred years have passed and we are still just as vulnerable. The only solution is to quarantine the nation. That still seems so backwards to me. I still have hope that technology via testing, vaccines, treatments and other advanced medicine can come up with better solutions.
I am sorry about your business. I thought you had said a year ago that you were thinking of winding down and retiring anyway. This is not the way anyone would want a business to end but if you were seriously thinking of retiring.... All the best. Hugs.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am sorry about your business. I thought you had said a year ago that you were thinking of winding down and retiring anyway. This is not the way anyone would want a business to end but if you were seriously thinking of retiring.... All the best. Hugs.

You have a great memory. I have been thinking about whether to close my office or not when the lease expires in April 2021. I will still work but work from home on my own, without employees. This coronavirus crisis has me thinking that might be a good idea. I was just hoping to hang in there another year. Now we shall see if I can make it that long.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Unfortunately only #15 first world nation on most lists after all northern Europe and major British commonwealths, due primarily to poor health care and education systems as all the money is spent on defence and corporate profits.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk