• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

US Airways

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, At the end of Sept. I booked our airfare to Myrtle Beach for next August. Today, I looked up our flights to see how much the flights were now ( wondering if I paid too much in Sept.) and I saw our flights had changed! We were never notified of the time change and when I looked a little closer, they had changed our seats and we weren't even sitting together even though there were rows available that could accomodate our family of four. Of course I called the 800 number and the girl said a "robot" notifies people of any changes and that sometimes there is a problem with AOL. In any event, Iwas able to have her change our seating arrangement so we are together. I stopped booking with Delta because of this issue, with the frequent flight changes, is this also a known problem with US Air? Thanks, Sue

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Back when I was an almost exclusive USAIR flyer, prior to them first dropping many direct flights to palces I was going and then dropping Pittsburgh, PA as a hub in favor of the nightmare Philadelphia airport, that used to happen all the time. I would ask why I wasn't notified, they swear I was, and then after the call an email or phone message would mysteriously appear. Except for direct or very cheap (rare) flights I don't use them much anymore. Jet Blue is my first choice with AirTran (soon to be Southwest) second.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In these parts, we call it "US-Scare," and its not 'cuz of Halloween.

It was a awhile back, but I once waited at a gate for a flight, and no plane showed. There was no e-mail, text message, call. A gate agent said that flight-times were so far out of whack, that our plane would show up about the time of the next scheduled flight to that destination. :annoyed:

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
There is a reason I call them Useless Air. Their customer service reminds me of "Peggy" on the Discover Credit Card commercials.

I used up all the miles many moons ago I had collected from many years of DAY-DCA flights.

I was flying them one time on an ancient BAC-111 and a section of flap skin fell off somewhere over Pennsylvania.

Cheers

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll top that

Bought tickets to Santo Domingo from Norfolk in April, In September when we were ready to leave we went online to get boarding passes and were told to contact USAir who told us they no longer flew to the DR. We told them we had non cancellable reservations at a resort and they offered to fly us there in November or give us our money back!
After going up the chain of command we were finally put on an American flight. They insisted they had notified us but that never happened and I think they knew it. Shoddy way to run an airline.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susgar, Same thing happened to me w/ Continental about a month or so ago.. Went to site to check prices and my itinerary.. Found our flight was set to depart 2 hrs earlier...I was never notified.. So, i called to complain.. They allowed me to cancel flight without a charge.... Luckily, we don't leave for Cancun until March

Last edited:

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also happened to me with Delta this past summer. I would periodically check and they changed both the flight times and type of aircraft many times from the time I booked. Thing that got me was that I provided my email address but received no notifications on the changes. Fortunately it worked out well as I got a little better times then when I booked. Must be many airlines doing this.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This has happened to us with nearly every airline we've flown. Having said that, my opinion is that USAir and Delta are the worst. We use to fly both America West (now USAir) and Delta a reasonable about of the time. Now we avoid them as much as possible. If the price is close, we'll pay a little more to NOT fly Delta or USAir.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Happens all the time, whatever the airline. The good news is that when they change your flight, most airlines will allow you to make another change that suits you more. We had horrid flights once booked with ff miles and after a change and help from a very nice call center person that was actually in this country, we got a much better itinerary.

Sheila