• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
update was a little aggressive.

Changes:

- desired minimum ownership level - 8500 points
- can no longer incrementally get to Silver/Gold/Platinum - want to sell 15,000 / 30,000 / 50, 000 points etc at one time
- there were some special events for Gold key owners over the last few months.
- Combo going away for Gold Key Resorts owners, i.e. can't use the combo program to bring in Gold Key Resorts for additional points since the resorts are already owned by DRI. Don't understand this since this was never the case with Island Links.
- going after the 2nd home market

if somebody attended the Northen VA DRI dinners discussing the Gold key resorts acquisition please share what you where offered.

Last edited:

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
- can no longer incrementally get to Silver/Gold/Platinum - want to sell 15,000 / 30,000 / 50, 000 points etc at one time

Did you find this item convincing? I have talked to a few other members who have reported the same thing. But I'm having a hard time believing it.

David Palmer, Diamond's CEO, has been telling investors for the last 18 months, at least, that one of Diamond's two advantages over all its competitors is its "superior" incremental sale of points. He talks about incremental point sales as an advantage in the quarterly reports, in his investor day presentation, and at multiple conference presentations. In fact, at one those conferences, Mr. Palmer spent half of his time describing the details about how incremental point sales work and why they increase the "yield per point per day." Moreover, the two recent acquisition presentations, one for Gold Key, one for Club Intrawest, specifically mention incremental sales as one of the key reasons for making the acquisition. This is why I am having a hard time believing Diamond is phasing out the increment program.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you find this item convincing? I have talked to a few other members who have reported the same thing. But I'm having a hard time believing it.

No because it makes no real sense. I purchased many small quantities and resale over time to get to gold.