• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on Seaside Oregon

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Last night the City Council of Seaside voted to open lodging beginning May 26th. This is great news for our town. The sad news is the fact Wyndham has not announced an opening date for either Seaside or Depoe Bay. I’ve been told it will not be before June 5. We also don’t know whether Wyndham will reduce capacity based on cleaning and distancing guidelines and employee availability. Seaside is allowing individual lodging properties to make their own decision.

If your Residence Club week is not available due to the closure you will receive compensation in the form of RCI credits good for two years and a one year subscription to RCI. As for the Exchange Program between the Residence Club and WorldMark we are hoping it will be reinstated once we get back to normal. I don’t know what happens if you want to exchange your summer week once the property is opened. Best to call owner care to find out.

WorldMark is not taking any summer reservations until July 31. This indicates to me they plan a reduced capacity at least until then. I have been told the fractional weeks will have priority no matter what the capacity. It is projected the WorldMark weeks, not owner occupied but with renters or guest’s names, will have the lowest priority when it comes to deciding which units need to be cancelled due to the reduced capacity. We should know more in the next two weeks.

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation, made as a owner, 13 months out by 6:01am PST, at WorldMark Kapaa Shore in Kauai, with dates, Aug 3rd thru 14th. I hope we get it.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation, made as a owner, 13 months out by 6:01am PST, at WorldMark Kapaa Shore in Kauai, with dates, Aug 3rd thru 14th. I hope we get it.
I have reservations in Poipu and Princeville for roughly the same time. I have no expectation we will be able to use them; unless I want to spend the entire period sitting in our condos. I am merely awaiting the official extension of the quarantine period so that I can get full credit on rescheduling.

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have reservations in Poipu and Princeville for roughly the same time. I have no expectation we will be able to use them; unless I want to spend the entire period sitting in our condos. I am merely awaiting the official extension of the quarantine period so that I can get full credit on rescheduling.

Yikes! I'm being much more hopeful than that. I feel we have a maybe 80% chance of success, especially since they're reopening some SE resorts this weekend. By August, I'm thinking we should be okay.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yikes! I'm being much more hopeful than that. I feel we have a maybe 80% chance of success, especially since they're reopening some SE resorts this weekend. By August, I'm thinking we should be okay.
Read the thread on Hawaii travel news. The Governor has said that in the next month or so they may be ready to lift the quarantine for inter-island travel only. Lifting quarantine for travelers coming to Hawaii from the outside isn't anywhere close to happening.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
¿Trying to figure out what all the Posts after the original Post have to do with Seaside Oregon and Worldmark? ¿Anybody have a clue?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Well, they're about updates to closures anyway....

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
¿Trying to figure out what all the Posts after the original Post have to do with Seaside Oregon and Worldmark? ¿Anybody have a clue?

They're about Worldmark and this is a Worldmark thread on a timeshare forum.

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read the thread on Hawaii travel news. The Governor has said that in the next month or so they may be ready to lift the quarantine for inter-island travel only. Lifting quarantine for travelers coming to Hawaii from the outside isn't anywhere close to happening.

Yup you're right, so they may stay closed until December. [Redacted. No need to interject politics.]

Last edited by a moderator:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yup you're right, so they may stay closed until December.
And with that we should move any further discussion re Hawaii to an appropriate thread in the Hawaii forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Talk about Kapa'a Shores, Poipu, Princeville, and Hawaii in General.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
It would make life so much easier if people stayed on topic. You can always create a new thread to discuss newmtopics.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It would make life so much easier if people stayed on topic. You can always create a new thread to discuss newmtopics.

I don't even know what a newmtopic is....

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
More people to add to my ignore list.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Now on a more useful note, Depoe Bay is still on our list of places to visit and the small silver lining that may come out of all this is the possibility to travel there during school in session months.