• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upcoming SVV Preview stay

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were offered a 5 day 4 night preview stay in a 1 bdrm villa at SVV for $169 [as an SPG member], which we booked for next month.

After enduring the reservation process, we made the booking, but are now getting conflicting info from the resort about the villa.

Our invitation letter clearly states that the villa includes a master bdrm, w King bed and whirlpool tub. Yet when we briefly visited the resort last week while in Orlando at a Marriott where we own, I asked at the front desk about which of the 2 types of 1 bdrm villas preview guests get [we quickly checked out their models, and the 1 bdrm w the jacuzzi is much larger and nicer than the smaller 1 bdrm] we were told that it would be the smaller one - which clearly conflicts w the info in the invitation letter.

While the front desk clerk offered to take our buildling preference, I did not have any of the paperwork [including the invitation] w me, so I told her that I would call the resort once I got home and reviewed the paperwork.

I would very much appreciate some guidance on:

1. How to ensure that we get one of the larger 1 bdrms - as promised in the invite; and

2. Which bldg to request, which will afford a west facing view on the balcony for evening sunsets, while also being close to the main pool for our son [Bldg 7 looked ike it might do the trick, but am unsure which bldgs are newer / recently refurbished...]

Thank you in advance for your valued assitance!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
There's no sense arguing ahead of time. Bring the letter with you, and be prepared to show it to the front desk clerk if they try to put you in a room that is less than what you paid for.

Can't help you with building assignment, but unless it's President Day week, it should be fairly empty so you should have pretty good luck getting a nice unit. I've found the best way to get upgrades is to be nice and respectful to the staff.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no sense arguing ahead of time. Bring the letter with you, and be prepared to show it to the front desk clerk if they try to put you in a room that is less than what you paid for.

Thanks -

I would've thought that this is the sort of thing one would want to get straightened b/f you get down there.

Anyway, I'll see what other TUGers have to say, and go from there.

Thanks again...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here is a link to SVV, so you can look at the floor plans. (You can find this link at the top of the board in Owner Resources for future reference)

There are 6 different 1 bdm. floor plans listed. The descriptions of ALL 6 of the one bdm. units state: Master bedroom with whirlpool tub.

Only the Bella unit descriptions state that they are king beds - including all three sizes of 1 bdm. units.

The bed size isn't listed for the Key West units.

All of the 1 bdm. units sleep 4, and have a separate bedroom, and even the smallest Bella unit has a King size bed and a whirlpool tub.

So, if the only descriptors in your invitation are master bdm., King bed, and whirlpool tub, I don't think you should expect an upgrade to a larger unit - but it never hurts to ask!

Last edited:

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ideas how I can snag an invite for next summer to take my wife, son, daughter-in-law and grandkids?

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to SVV, so you can look at the floor plans. (You can find this link at the top of the board in Owner Resources for future reference)

There are 6 different 1 bdm. floor plans listed. The descriptions of ALL 6 of the one bdm. units state: Master bedroom with whirlpool tub.

Only the Bella unit descriptions state that they are king beds - including all three sizes of 1 bdm. units.

The bed size isn't listed for the Key West units.

All of the 1 bdm. units sleep 4, and have a separate bedroom, and even the smallest Bella unit has a King size bed and a whirlpool tub.

So, if the only descriptors in your invitation are master bdm., King bed, and whirlpool tub, I don't think you should expect an upgrade to a larger unit - but it never hurts to ask!

Very helpful, Denise, thanks!

Didn't mean to imply that I was looking for an upgrade. Rather - and I freely admit that my spatial thinking abilities leave a lot to be desired - I recall when my wife and I snuck a peek at the model suites that there was one noticeably small 1 bdrm, w no whirlpool tub. So based on your above info, I would appear to have been mistaken.

Thanks again, and will post again following our return...

Would still appreciate suggsetions re: bldg preference, based on my original post above, from anyone familiar w the property...

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ideas how I can snag an invite for next summer to take my wife, son, daughter-in-law and grandkids?

Just looking at the # of people you plan on taking, I don't think an invite to stay in a 1 bedroom will do you much good. Try using II for a getaway, a 2 bedroom will likely run around $500.

NED

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVV One Bedrooms

There are 3 sizes of 1-bedroom at SVV. The largest (sometimes referred to as a one-bedroom premium) is the large side of a 2-bedroom lockoff. The middle size unit is the small side of a 2-bedroom lockoff. The smallest one-bedroom in very adequate for 2 people but because it is long and narrow would feel cramped if people slept on the sofa bed. One big difference in the smaller units is that the small side of the 2-bedroom lockoff does not have an outside balconey but because of its shape can handle 4 people more graciously.

As far as view, Bldg. 4 and 5 (Bella) have spectacular views of the sunset. Unfortunately there are no 2-bedroom lock-offs in those buildings. Bldg. 7 would probably be good but you should ask if it has any 2-bedroom lockoffs. If I am remembering correctly, the large one-bedroom units are in Bldgs 1 and 2 and maybe 3 or 4. We haven't stayed in Key West so I don't know about those views.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the size of the unit the letter guarantees if any. What I do know is never expect the Starwood staff at the front desk to be able to do anything about it. I have dealt with several and while they are nice, they have no authority to do much more than what is in the computer. The last one I spoke to didn't even know what the Elite program is. If you believe you are entitled to the larger unit based on the letter, request to speak directly with management at the resort. You won't get resolution from the front desk people. There should be plenty of vacancies, especially with St. Augustine opening, so they will have a unit available if you can find the right person to ask. It never hurts to ask. However, you may have to choose between the sunsets and a larger unit because of where they are located..

NED

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVV One Bedrooms

There are 3 sizes of 1-bedroom at SVV. The largest (sometimes referred to as a one-bedroom premium) is the large side of a 2-bedroom lockoff. The middle size unit is the small side of a 2-bedroom lockoff. The smallest one-bedroom in very adequate for 2 people but because it is long and narrow would feel cramped if people slept on the sofa bed. One big difference in the smaller units is that the small side of the 2-bedroom lockoff does not have an outside balconey but because of its shape can handle 4 people more graciously.

As far as view, Bldg. 4 and 5 (Bella) have spectacular views of the sunset. Unfortunately there are no 2-bedroom lock-offs in those buildings. Bldg. 7 would probably be good but you should ask if it has any 2-bedroom lockoffs. If I am remembering correctly, the large one-bedroom units are in Bldgs 1 and 2 and maybe 3 or 4. We haven't stayed in Key West so I don't know about those views.

I'm not sure what to suggest about the size of the unit the letter guarantees if any. What I do know is never expect the Starwood staff at the front desk to be able to do anything about it. I have dealt with several and while they are nice, they have no authority to do much more than what is in the computer. The last one I spoke to didn't even know what the Elite program is. If you believe you are entitled to the larger unit based on the letter, request to speak directly with management at the resort. You won't get resolution from the front desk people. There should be plenty of vacancies, especially with St. Augustine opening, so they will have a unit available if you can find the right person to ask. It never hurts to ask. However, you may have to choose between the sunsets and a larger unit because of where they are located.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score

Really appreciate the helpful reply, NED -

The invite refers to it as a "spacious" one-bedroom villa complete with a kitchen.

And then again as follows: "a living room with a full sleeper sofa, dining area, fully equipped kitchen, refrigerator, dish washer, microwave/convection oven, cooktop, washer and dryer, two color TV's and a master bedroom with a King bed and whirlpool tub".

I found the reference to the fully equipped kitchen noteworthy, in that, when I look at the SVV webpage, it describes the smallest of the 1 bdrm villas as having a fully equipped "kitchenette".

Also, I wouldn't exactly call a villa w square footage of 483/488 sq ft "spacious"...

Anyway, if the above sheds any further light on the situation, I would appreciate your further thoughts / insights...

Thanks again, NED!

Last edited:

NED

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would intrepret the letter as you did but its vague enough they could probably interpret it anyway they choose. You are right about the kitchenettes. The smaller one-bedrooms have kitchenettes. The large one-bedroom premium has a full size kitchen. You should definitely be able to use it as leverage. Go for it!

FYI - the best views are from the 4th and 5th floor in any Bella building. It guarantees you will be above the trees and bushes that have grown up rapidly.

Denise P

Reaction score
I would say that the reference to a cooktop suggests that they are offering a small one bedroom as opposed to a premium. The premium has a full size cooker.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, once again -

Fortunately, I've piggy-backed this visit onto a full week at a Marriott I own in Orlando, so I'll have that to look forward to if the 3 of us find ourselves scrunched into a tiny 1 bdrm...