• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unloading Diamond Points

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My brother and his wife own 7500 Diamond points in the CA collection Due to health issues they can no longer use it. Diamond will buy it back if they pay Diamond $500 to take it. I wanted to check on here first if there is any resale value to Diamond points. Thanks in advance for any help I can give them

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
By the time you get an estopell (sp) to show clear title from Diamond, find a buyer, legally transfer.....That $500 price take is worth it! We went thru transitions with 5 different contracts, paid the price, and legally done with ho headaches of problems. We were platinum and got out 3 years ago......$9,000+ in maintenance fees each year. There are many issues now with Hilton and Diamond, and I would get out now before things get ugly.....

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Take the DRI Offer.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Zero resale. Take the offer

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK thank you. I will let my brother know.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify. If they gifted it to someone, they couldn't use resale points?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Just to clarify. If they gifted it to someone, they couldn't use resale points?

Sure they could use the points but would lose any possibility of Diamond taking back the contract. Diamond won't take back resale contracts.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sure they could use the points but would lose any possibility of Diamond taking back the contract. Diamond won't take back resale contracts.
Thank you

DRIless

Reaction score
The OP and brother might benefit from a slightly more complete answer which would be
Sure they could use the points, but only within the CA Collection, with a loss of any 'benefits' or options of being in THE Club. A resale owner would lose any possibility of Diamond taking back the contract. Diamond won't take back resale contracts.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the time you get an estopell (sp) to show clear title from Diamond, find a buyer, legally transfer.....That $500 price take is worth it! We went thru transitions with 5 different contracts, paid the price, and legally done with ho headaches of problems. We were platinum and got out 3 years ago......$9,000+ in maintenance fees each year. There are many issues now with Hilton and Diamond, and I would get out now before things get ugly.....
Would you mind sharing what issues are you referring to?

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
Reading here at TUG, people have been at different sales pitch meetings - and each one is different how the 2 companies will merger and the cost to use the other pts/ or your points to make a booking. IT ALL sounds so confusing, and at the moment, I still do not think there has been closure to that merge/cost/points etc. Also have seen the renaming of different properties that were once Diamond - I sure hope Diamond points get you into those!

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
$500 is still very affordable to get it off your back! Take their offer now! Maintenance dues are coming fast!!!!!!!

Duh

Reaction score
Reading here at TUG, people have been at different sales pitch meetings - and each one is different how the 2 companies will merger and the cost to use the other pts/ or your points to make a booking. IT ALL sounds so confusing, and at the moment, I still do not think there has been closure to that merge/cost/points etc. Also have seen the renaming of different properties that were once Diamond - I sure hope Diamond points get you into those!

The rebranding of a resort doesn't change access to it for Diamond owners. Currently, you still have access to all of the Diamond resorts you had access to before. Once cross utilization kicks in, you may find it harder to access a resort once the 6 month booking window opens for Hilton owners so the best bet is to make all of your reservations at least 6 months out.

Duh

Reaction score

Also, as dirty points, they could only be used in the CA Collection. They would not have access to other collections.