• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Universal Vacation Club

boarhead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this Vacation Club? We are currently in Cabo :) and they are selling timeshares for the Villa del Arco but we have never heard of them. Any info would be appreciated

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't do it! Even if it is a good product, you can buy on the resale market for a fraction of the cost.

Also - sales people in Mexico are notorious for misrepresenting their product.

Wait until you come home and have time to do some research before you buy - you will be glad you did!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Don't do it! Even if it is a good product, you can buy on the resale market for a fraction of the cost.

Also - sales people in Mexico are notorious for misrepresenting their product.

Wait until you come home and have time to do some research before you buy - you will be glad you did!
This advice may save you $10,000!!

Take it!

anteween

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a member of the Villa Group. Let me know if you have any questions, I will answer them the best I can. I have owned with them for 19 years. I bought from the developer, but would definetly not do that again. I didn't even know what a timeshare was when I bought.

I hope you are having a great time in Cabo. I am looking forward to PV in October using one of my 2 bedroom weeks.

Maxfli54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your response. I have already found resales at least 10,000 less. I was really looking for some feedback on Universal vacation club. I am already a Marriott VC owner but have had a hard time exchanging for certain properties (although that is how I got here). UVC is saying that if I own one of their more desireable properties that exchanges will become easier? Any truth to this?. Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm confused - Maxfli54 - are you also boarhead that was the OP in this thread?

I am a member of the Villa Group. Let me know if you have any questions, I will answer them the best I can. I have owned with them for 19 years. I bought from the developer, but would definetly not do that again. I didn't even know what a timeshare was when I bought.

Thank you all for your response. I have already found resales at least 10,000 less. I was really looking for some feedback on Universal vacation club.

Did you see post #4 that I quoted above - you can contact anteween for more info. by clicking on her blue user name and sending her an email or a private message.

I am going to move your post to the Mexico board, where you may get more responses.

Last edited:

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought the Universal Vacation Club's resort at Villa Del Palmar years ago and have been very satisfied. We bought from the developer and have never been sorry. Do I wish we had known about the resale market before we bought we bought? You bet! But that has not spoiled our wonderful vacations to Villa Del Palmar every year. We love the Villa Del Palmar resorts in P.V. and Cabo. A few years ago we bought a two bedroom week (plus summer bonus week) at their upscale resort in Nuevo Vallarta called Flamingos through a resale co. We can also book this one at Arcos Cabo that you were talking about. We bought this week & bonus for $5,000 probably about 1/4 of what the developer will charge. Two good resale companies that I know of are Timeshare Wholesalers and Holiday Group.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We love the UVC resorts. There are two resorts being built, one near Cancun and the other in Loreto that you can reserve units in when they come online. This will give you the ability to stay at six resorts with out an exchange fee. The newest resort in the Villa Group is the Arco in Cabo. Its nice. The Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta is the next newest and is similar to the Arco. You can find theses on Ebay for very little. We bought two - one bed units at UVC off Ebay with Premiere ownership.

www.myuvc.com

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not own a Premier or a Gold membership, but I am quite happy with what I have [at Villa del Mar]

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to use the resorts near Cancun, Loreto, Arcos or Flamingos if you have a "Premier" membership. Those resorts are "Gold" memberships.
With Premier you can use Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and Cabo and Villa Del Mar only. But we love these resorts. We think Universal Vacation Club is very stable financially and runs the resorts very well.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to use the resorts near Cancun, Loreto, Arcos or Flamingos if you have a "Premier" membership. Those resorts are "Gold" memberships.
With Premier you can use Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta and Cabo and Villa Del Mar only. But we love these resorts. We think Universal Vacation Club is very stable financially and runs the resorts very well.

This,is,incorrect.,Premier,memberships,can,use,Arco,and,Flamingos,with,no,hassles.,I,stayed,at,Arco,this,July,with,my,premier,membership.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
My basic membership does not allow me to do some things that the better [and pricier] memberships have.
I can only come Saturday to Saturday and have to pay a fee evedry time I change weeks [I own fixed.]

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really??? Great news! I've been told I could NOT book into one of the GOLD resorts with my premier membership. Can you tell me how you do it? I need to learn that secret from you Tuggers. UVC won't tell me. Are there time limits (say, x number of days ahead to book???) and what is the fee? Is it pretty easy to do? I'm excited!! We've been members for many years and I never knew you could do that. Can you send me a private email if you don't want to post it here. Thanks so much!!!

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
KarenLK Can you book into the Gold resorts with your VDM? We love to stay in the VDM side. It's so nice and quite compared to the VDP pool.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Really??? Great news! I've been told I could NOT book into one of the GOLD resorts with my premier membership. Can you tell me how you do it? I need to learn that secret from you Tuggers. UVC won't tell me. Are there time limits (say, x number of days ahead to book???) and what is the fee? Is it pretty easy to do? I'm excited!! We've been members for many years and I never knew you could do that. Can you send me a private email if you don't want to post it here. Thanks so much!!!

You,can,book,only,10,months,out,if,it's,not,your,home,resort.,No,extra,fee,and,just,call,reservations,and,book,a,date.,There,is,no,secrete,premier,members,and,gold,can,book,at,all,resorts.,My,space,bar,is,broken,so,hard,to,type,LOL.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ken, I'm going to try it, but we already have our trip booked for Feb. Sure wish I had known, but you probably can't get availability
in Feb/March because it's high time and they are pretty filled, I think. But I'll sure try it next time. Thanks!! We have Casa Maya, also. We have one week but they have always let us have as many weeks as we want. I once booked four consecutive weeks in Feb there. They have been great about giving us many extra bonus weeks.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
ZIb, once again I will ask which weeks in Feb at UVC. I asked for you again this year and once again they said you were not there!
I will be at VDM 5 weeks - all of Feb and the first week of March.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen, We'll be there Feb 15 to 22. The problem last year was that they have our membership under a "family trust" and that's the only way it showed at the reservation desk. I didn't find out about it until too late but when I did try to change it it was a real hassel just to get them to put our names down. None of our friends could find us. I was so mad and they couldn't seem to correct it. Next time when I check in , I will INSIST that they get our NAMES down. Anyway, what is your last name and I'll try to find you, too. We'll be at The Grand Mayan Feb 8 to 15 and the last week Feb 22 to 1st at Mayan Marina. Had to do it this way to take advantage of our free mt fees now on our Mayans but we love VDP best!

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought a 2 - 1BR winter week per year, Premium membership at VDP in Vallarta a good number of years ago from the Holiday Group. Trading within the group has been easy and a pleasure. This January we will be spending three consecutive weeks at the Flamingos in NV. It appears you don't need a Gold membership to stay in any of the newer resorts; mind you, you can only book these 10 months out with our type of membership. When I booked our 3 weeks at 10 months out, there were still about 50 1BR units left, so the risk of not getting in is quite low.
Steve

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

We are Premiere Members with floating winter weeks and booked a total of 4 weeks at the Arco this last winter and have weeks reserved at Flamigos for 2009.

A fixed Premiere week is different and may not have the same rights as Float.

You must have heard that from the TS sales person. The Gold Membership allows you a larger reservation window, no $60.00 week banking fee, upgrades when available and a small discounts on food.

The maintenance fee with Gold Memberships is about $32.00 a day more than a Premiere depending on whats left on the RTU.

Last edited:

Radman

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a member and owner at Villa del Palmar Cabo for over 5-years. Have had great success with them in exchanging internal and with II, RCI and SFX especially for trades.

I have had internal exchange to Villa del Palmar Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta without any problems. I am a Premier member, not gold. I can, and have, purchased extra weeks for guests at the prevailing Maintenance Fee rate for the unit size.

I recommend this group, Villa Group. However, buy resale.

There is a new resort being built beside the Flamingos in NV, La Estancia. Similar to Los Arcos.

nanaboat

Reaction score
You might want to go to other timeshare blogs where people state they have been members of the villa del arco for three years and cannot get in. I am a member of the Villa Del Palmar, part of universal club, and you can get units for less then half price on redweek. I would think long and hard before buying!!!!!!

nanaboat

Reaction score
This is incorrectl I own at the Villa Del Palmar and have stayed at the Villa Del Arco twice.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uvc/vdp

When I tried to book Villa del Arco in Cabo for a February 2009 week in February 2008 they told me that they only had the last week of February available. So the gold memberships if you can book 2 years, which I will do from now on would be great.