• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two Bedroom Riviera Beach Resort Review by DRI in Dana Point Ca

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
This resort is one of the former Diamond locations that I suspect will be upgraded. I look forward to staying there again and also look forward to see what Hilton does when they finally upgrade the timeshare. It is one of the Timeshares that many people would say is not up to Hilton Standards.

Located in Dana Point which is about an hour south of Los Angeles, the Riviera Beach Resort is right across the street from the Capistrano Beach and has beautiful sunset views. The location is fabulous. There are two jacuzzi's at the North pool.

The two bedroom has a grill on the back deck making it great for grilling. The living room couch is huge. Both Bedrooms have attached bathrooms with complete Shower / tub combinations. The facility has shared Washer and dryers.

Two Bedroom Riviera Beach Resort Review by Hilton Club in Dana Point Ca

Map of all my timeshare reviews

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Did you mean HVC instead of bHC?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I don't know of a Hilton Club in California and if it is a prior Diamond, it would be HVC, right? When I look on the HGV website, it isn't listed as HVC. It is just Riviera Beach & Shores Resort so it doesn't look like it has been rebranded to HVC yet. I am not sure what you call non-rebranded DRI properties. Just to add, the bHC or just HC now since they took away the "by" are the ones in NYC, DC, and Charleston.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@Clifbell, HGV has 3 clubs, HC - Hilton Club, HGVC - Hilton Grand Vacations Club, and HVC - Hilton Vacations Club (formerly DRI).

The HC resorts are:
  • The Central at 5th
  • The Quin
  • The Residences
  • West 57th
  • Liberty Place
  • The District
  • La Pacifica
  • The Bay Forest Odawara
  • The Beach Resort Sesoko
Hilton Club NY is actually a club within a club.

I also don't recognize Riviera Beach resort as HGVC so I would suspect it would be a former DRI resort. I have no idea if it has been rebranded, but you should know that if you are reviewing and just there.

So, I moved this thread to what I think is the proper forum. If you think that I made an error, then please explain.

Last edited:

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I can see how the fact that DRI’s overarching points program is called The Club could also confuse language. So Riviera Beach is part of (formerly) Diamond’s Club, and if it’s bookable through Max, is now part of Hilton Vacation Club. But not Hilton Club.
:wall:

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can see how the fact that DRI’s overarching points program is called The Club could also confuse language. So Riviera Beach is part of (formerly) Diamond’s Club, and if it’s bookable through Max, is now part of Hilton Vacation Club. But not Hilton Club.
:wall:
Thanks for the clarification.... The language has been confusing for me... Not sure what they will call it But Hilton Vacation Club is what I will Change the description fof now... Thanks for all the comments

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the clarification.... The language has been confusing for me... Not sure what they will call it But Hilton Vacation Club is what I will Change the description fof now... Thanks for all the comments
It’s still Diamond until it’s rebranded.
Per the HGVC website, the “Hilton Vacation Club” name is only given once the resort is brought up to brand standards.

14703767-0B3B-4E45-A1AD-D57C2806631E.jpeg

32A78B6C-5DB1-48CE-9357-6458B328941D.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Riveria Beach is a Monarch Grand resort which was bought out by DRI about 15 years ago.
It is / will be part of Hilton Vacations not Hilton Grand Vacations

Riveria Beach has two building, one with all the units facing the ocean and one with 1/2 the units facing the ocean and 1/2 facing a wall. Clearly I don’t have to say which building to request.
BTW. The building next door is Rivieria Shores. All units facing the ocean are one bedroom and all the 2 bedroom units face a wall.