• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TV monitors on Boeing 777 (United)

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I thought all United 777s had built-in monitors in the back of the seat -- at least everyone I have been on.

Kurt

Bill4728

Reaction score
I thought all United 777s had built-in monitors in the back of the seat -- at least everyone I have been on.

Kurt
Me too. They all had monitors in the seat infront of me.

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
4 weeks ago we flew from Chicago to Honolulu and back on a United 777. There were no monitors on the back of the seats. That was the first time that we flew on a 777 that didn't have the monitors. The planes seemed quite old.
Nancy

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
4 weeks ago we flew from Chicago to Honolulu and back on a United 777. There were no monitors on the back of the seats. That was the first time that we flew on a 777 that didn't have the monitors. The planes seemed quite old.
Nancy

Nancy,

Were there any monitors at all? We will be flying from Chicago direct to Maui.
Thanks.

Carolyn

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
United's 2-class domestic 777s, used mostly for Hawaii flights, including UA3 between ORD-Maui-Kona-ORD, do not have in-seat video. The plane has domestic first and coach seating, including economy plus.

The 3-class 777's used on international routes to Europe and Asia, and sometimes within Asia, have in-seat video in coach. Once in a while these planes fly between domestic hubs. These planes have first suites, international business class and coach seating including economy plus.

-David

Last edited:

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carolyn,

I didn't see any monitors at all on the back of the seats. The overhead monitors were small. I'm nor sure about first class. All meals were food for purchase and they didn't carry most that were listed on the menu.

Nancy

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
UA's 772's used for Hawaii service don't have AVOD or individual video screens...

"At the front of each cabin is a video screen and projector though there are also video monitors located above the aisles at Rows 22, 29, 33, and 48."

Also, though the F seats are 21" wide, seat pitch is only 38", so IMO, F on the two-class plane isn't worth the miles or upgrade instrument unless it was expiring anyway.

Rare substitutions of a 744 or 772 Int'l exist, but don't count on it. Have a nice flight :)

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, though the F seats are 21" wide, seat pitch is only 38", so IMO, F on the two-class plane isn't worth the miles or upgrade instrument unless it was expiring anyway.

On the other hand, I think it's definitely worth it, especially on the ORD - Hawaii nonstops. The domestic 777 is only 6 across (2-2-2), and it's a very spacious cabin. International business is 7 across (2-3-2) in the same plane.

-David

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, it's like the other cattle car, the 762 domestic. I'd rather sit exit row than upgrade to F, even on the transcons, except of course if my instrument was expiring anyway. Y in a 772 is pretty comfy.

With the mai tai's and decent (for airline) food pretty much gone from HI F, it's really hard to justify the cost anymore. If wishing to try, perhaps for the wider seat to sleep in, order a HVML (Hindu vegetarian) or LFML (low-fat) special meal. I've had good luck with them and with the LFML you'll usually get a cold chicken plate on the red-eyes. Also, on the red-eyes, the fruit and cheese plate has been showing up with some good cold cuts. Not bad :)

OP, forgot to mention....we usually fly 18AB on the 772 domestic. Good view of screen and close to lavs but not too close.

Pat

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, it's like the other cattle car, the 762 domestic. I'd rather sit exit row than upgrade to F, even on the transcons, except of course if my instrument was expiring anyway. Y in a 772 is pretty comfy.

The domestic 767-300 in F is much worse than the 777-200 in F. They are both 6 across (2-2-2) and there's very little armrest room in the 767 between the seats, unlike the 777, which is really wide because it's also 2-2-2 in a much wider cabin.

I still upgrade on both, but the 767-300 has better seat width in economy that the 777 does.

The domestic 777 is the best domestic F in United's fleet. It's a shame they only have a few of them operating on the domestic route network, mostly on domestic Hawaii routes. IMO, the best seats are anything in row 1 on the domestic 777-200. On the other hand, I really hate the domestic 767, especially in F, but I'll still upgrade on it.

For more than half the year (most peak periods), my usual flight (UA34/35) operates using a 772. For the rest of the times, it operates as a 763. There's a big difference in F between the 2 aircraft.

-David

Last edited: