• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGGER meet up! Jan 18! Orlando

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Nice to have a good group coming and perhaps some more?

Let me also tell everyone that The King’s Brass group will be performing Jan 17 in Kissimmee. They are excellent, we go whenever we can. Free concert too ( donation only, if you want.).

They’ll be at
Good Samaritan Community Church
1441 Hoeger Circle
Kissimmee, FL 34746
7 pm.
Www.Kingsbrass.org

We have 7 brass players in our immediate family so we love hearing brass ensembles
We're looking forward to going to the concert! Our son plays the tuba in the Parma (Ohio) Symphony. Our DIL is a music teacher. She plays the French horn, the piano, the banjo and a number of other instruments. Our granddaughter started playing the trombone this year in her school's 5th grade band.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We're looking forward to going to the concert! Our son plays the tuba in the Parma (Ohio) Symphony. Our DIL is a music teacher. She plays the French horn, the piano, the banjo and a number of other instruments. Our granddaughter started playing the trombone this year in her school's 5th grade band.
Wonderful! Our grandson auditioned for the tuba place in Kings Brass this year and was the runner-up. So maybe another year. We have a Dungey brass quartet and quintet sone of whom are professionals too, so much fun!!!

Alan Cole, AwayWeGi is a great French horn player and will be attending too!!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be in South Carolina, unable to attend.

But, can you folks send me a Happy Birthday wish THAT day ?? haha

Pat

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Wonderful! Our grandson auditioned for the tuba place in Kings Brass this year and was the runner-up. So maybe another year. We have a Dungey brass quartet and quintet sone of whom are professionals too, so much fun!!!

Alan Cole, AwayWeGi is a great French horn player and will be attending too!!
The Dungey family is musical for sure, with a number of accomplished players in the clan, including a granddaughter who was an experienced trumpet soloist as a tiny tot & now is an accomplished player as a young adult.

As for me, at age 80 I still play. I may be over the hill, but at least I'm not yet all the way to the bottom of the downslope. The peak of my accomplishment was when I was in my early 40s & taking lessons from Dan Carter, who played 4th horn in the National Symphony Orchestra at the time. Near the end of a lesson, Dan turned to me & held the tips of his thumb & forefinger about an inch apart & said, "Alan, you're about that far away from being a good horn player."l I took it as a major serious compliment & was virtually walking on air all the rest of the day.

Playing horn is featured in a 2006 TUG-BBS game I participated in -- Two Truths & A Lie.

Click here for my 2 + 1.

For my confession about what's true & what's false, click here.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
TUG Meet-Up Reminder --

Place -- Golden Corral, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821
Date -- January 18, 2023
Time -- starting 3PM & staying till they throw us out.

The Chief Of Staff will be bringing re-usable name tags, to help everyone keep track of who's who.

Plus, every time you come back from the serving area with seconds or dessert, etc., go to a different table from where you sat before. That way, everybody gets face-to-face time with more different TUG folks than by staying anchored to the same place.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are here in Orlando. You picked a day when our favorite restaurant has two-for-one on our favorite meal, it's BOGO pulled pork at Smokey Bones. It's every Wednesday. Darn! But we will forgo our usual Wednesday meal and attend.

Better to have name tags with our TUG names because I don't know many people by their first names.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We are here in Orlando. You picked a day when our favorite restaurant has two-for-one on our favorite meal, it's BOGO pulled pork at Smokey Bones. It's every Wednesday. Darn! But we will forgo our usual Wednesday meal and attend.

Better to have name tags with our TUG names because I don't know many people by their first names.
Smokey bones is great! I wish I was in Orlando next weekend.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Smokey bones is great! I wish I was in Orlando next weekend.
I would love to meet you.

Looking forward to next Wednesday. Rick says I will be dragging him to this meetup. Not really, he had a good time before and will again.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I would love to meet you.

Looking forward to next Wednesday. Rick says I will be dragging him to this meetup. Not really, he had a good time before and will again.
Same! One of these days we will in Orlando!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
For those going to hear the Kings Brass performance 7PM on Jan. 17, I phoned the church office to make sure the event is still happening as scheduled.

It is. (Yay ! )

There is just one -- 1 -- security station for entrance to the church neighborhood, the church office person said.

The address for that is 4197 South Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee FL 34746 -- not Orlando FL, where the same street number is someplace completely different.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looking forward to everyone Wednesday afternoon 3 p.m. !
We will be meeting at the Golden Corral On Vineland for early dinner:
8707 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL 32821
At 3 pm..
we can stay as late as we wish!!!

Look for us in a group in a corner. We'll try to be looking for people looking for people -- LOL.

Remember try to meet everyone by moving to another table with every new plate of food.

Ron and Joan

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We probably will not be there for personal reasons. I wish all of you the best. Enjoy the food and fellowship!

We need to get back home as soon as our car will get us there. Our family needs us.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are unable to go today. Have a great time and take photos!
Frank and Terry Castiglia

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh my, so sorry

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is fellowship time in Orlando. Please enjoy your dinner and the fellowship time.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh oh, too busy talking , talking.. forgot about the photos

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There were about 15 attendees. Six of our regulars had last minute personal almost emergencies to take care of and thus, we’re unable to come. It was a very friendly group and we all talked a lot.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you all had a good time! Hope the missing six who had family emergencies find that things are improving back home.

Dori

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Sorry we missed it this year!

Any rough guidelines for the date of next year’s TUG meetup, so I can book our WDW visit around it? Such as, third Wednesday? We’ll be booking in February for January 2024 so we can get our Boardwalk view!