• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tug reviews need some work

JACKC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked on four of my owned resorts and noticed:
1) The Pines at Island Park (I reviewed it in 2004) is not listed
2) Streamside at Birch review is incomplete. Contains RCI affiliation but no mention that it is a 5* Marriott and also affiliated with II.
3) Can't access the 8 reviews for Westwood at Split Rock
4) No mention that Foxrun at Lake Lure is also II affiliated.

If I found 4 out of 4, there are likely more. Hope the Reviews volunteers are on the job making improvements.

Efforts of tug volunteers are always appreciated!

Jack

Last edited:

KristinB

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The best way to get these items corrected is to notify the area rep responsible for each resort of what needs to be corrected. Please understand that this is an entirely new database, so it's going to take a little while to catch all these items.

Thanks for your help!

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Eagle Point also needs an update

I would hope that those resposible for each section would be checking here as well so that we can have one central area to point out room for improvements. Eagle Point in Vail had several reviews and now it does not even have a link. Like to see that changed. Thanks.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
funtime said:
I would hope that those resposible for each section would be checking here as well so that we can have one central area to point out room for improvements. Eagle Point in Vail had several reviews and now it does not even have a link. Like to see that changed. Thanks.

This is one of the very rare occasions where I would say to double post if you don't wish to e-mail the regional rep. Post the problem here AND on the relevant regional board. Please remember that everybody involved in the transfer of data between the boards is a volunteer and outside events may limit the time they are able to spend on here.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Keitht said:
This is one of the very rare occasions where I would say to double post if you don't wish to e-mail the regional rep. Post the problem here AND on the relevant regional board.
Please do not double post.

You can post here if you wish. However, the best way to get an error corrected is to notify the area rep.

Please follow Kristin's advice and notify the rep for the specific area of the reviews. You can click on a link to send a message to the rep while in any section of the reviews.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The only reason I suggested double posting in this specific situation is to try to get the information to the relevant person as quickly as possible. There are real problems with some areas of the database and if they are not addressed quickly it is likely to affect the credibility of the entire database.
In my opinion, too many people have put too much effort into creating the new database to allow that to happen. I know I have literally put hundreds of hours into it.

teachingmyown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have to second the advice offered to email the area rep directly, for several reasons...

As a new area rep I don't automatically recognize the names of every resort included in my area, even though I've spent hours moving and updating the files. Also, since my TUG time is more limited now this is the first time since this thread was started that I've been to this forum, but I check email daily. If I need to address something, receiving an email is the most efficient way of it getting to my attention.