• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Gratitude

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We are just back from a week at Marriotts Barony Beach in Hilton Head. We moved to California 8-9 years ago from North Carolina, leaving much family behind. Since then, the family matriarch passed away and things kind of fell apart amongst the three siblings (this is my husband's family). They rarely saw each other and didn't even talk that much.

I decided to buy a unit at a drive-able vacation spot for the North Carolinians, just to try to force periodic family gatherings, and eventually settled on Barony Beach in part because of the Westin being adjacent. So people who wanted to come to HH but not stay the whole week could do so.

It turns out that a lot of the NC relatives don't like the beach (what?! This is inconceivable to me). We had to make some compromises- fly in/out of Charlotte and visit some people in NC. But it worked out really well- we saw almost everybody and most people came to Hilton Head for at least a few days. Some people stayed with us, some in hotels. But we were able to host lots of family time- dinners and breakfasts and just hanging out- because we had the TS unit.

The relatives had no idea about timeshares and they were asking about it. I told them how I bought this EOY Gold garden unit pretty inexpensively ($2500) from another TUGGER just to test the waters, what it cost for MF, how the booking worked, etc. They were asking how I knew all that. "My Internet friends on TUG, of course."

It made me realize how much I've learned here and how when I have the tiniest little question, I can usually find someone here who knows the answer. TUG has helped me through three resale purchases and one free transfer. Through exchanging nuances. I've met TUGGERs in person and have become sort-of friends with some of y'all outside of timeshares. It's really remarkable.

So thanks everybody! This is a really solid community and it's worth knowing that the contributions of the group can go a long way towards adding real value to people's lives. :)

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
Very nice post.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just regular people doing kind things and helping other regular people...its a wonderful thing!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Looking For The "Like" Button.

thumbs-up-icon-blue-hi.png

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I couldn't agree more.

Btw, thanks for your kind words about my little brown dog with the wonky hind legs. She's still hanging in there - my vet can't believe it. And neither can we!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice post! Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful you were able to turn the timeshare into a gathering spot for your family. It seems all too common for siblings to lose touch when Mom and Dad aren't around to bring everyone together. Sounds like you came up with a great plan! (And I agree with you, who doesn't like the beach!!!??? ;) )

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I too love my TUG friends!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Tug proves the Internet is for more than cat videos. Oh, wait -- maybe that's Facebook? ;)

Actually, I think Tug is great. You folks have taught me plenty, and I really appreciate it. I try and give back when I can, but lately have found my timeshare knowledge is limited to things I've posted a lot about previously. And of course, cat videos. ;)

Dave

Last edited:

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
such a nice tribute to all of the wonderful members of our TUG family! This is why I have been a member since the inception of this caring, knowledgeable and generous community.

Dori

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks for the positive thoughts on timeshares. I like the idea of getting together with siblings at a timeshare. We have done similar things like renting a cottage within a day trip ride, so they travel to us . May try this with a timeshare too!
Silentg

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have siblings who moved away. The other 4 moved and I stayed around the neighborhood. After both of the parents had passed on and the estate was settled...I started hosting Birthday Party weeks every 5 years and the last 3 years, Spring Training in PHX.

This past March, was the first time in 8 years we had all been together - the 5 siblings and several their spouses. Need a couple of dinners with daytime adventures with subsets (Spring Training games) to highlight our individual nuances (I hate BASEBALL ... so they ply me with food and drink). And this was my 3rd in a row PHX Spring training trip.

Yes, I hosted these events ... book the timeshares and send the threatening emails. Always has been very worth while visits. Lots of laughs.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also love my TUG friends. Thank you for the very kind post, and I am so happy you were able to join together with your family for some quality time!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Thanks for the positive thoughts on timeshares. I like the idea of getting together with siblings at a timeshare. We have done similar things like renting a cottage within a day trip ride, so they travel to us . May try this with a timeshare too!
Silentg

I/we have done the timeshare for "sisters' week" (there are three of us). It's been a fun time and timeshares make it affordable.

When we bring our spouses, then a house works out better (and we've done that twice before).