• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Fay -- A Musical Interlude

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
To make this relevant to TUG'gers...
Friends: Some of you in the Florida Keys and coastal resorts may soon be advised to leave.
BTDT. I'd like to share with you these lines from an ol' Jimmy Buffett song:
---------------
Squalls out on the gulf stream,
Big storms coming soon.
I passed out in my hammock,
God, I slept way past noon.
Stood up and tried to focus,
I hoped I wouldn't have to look far.
I knew I could use a Bloody Mary,
So I stumbled next door to the bar.
There's something about this Sunday
It's a most peculiar gray
Strolling down the avenue
That's known as A1A
Well, the wind is blowin' harder now
Fifty knots of there abouts,
There's white caps on the ocean.
And I'm watching for water spouts
It's time to close the shutters
It's time to go inside...
-- "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season"
from the Album, "A1A" (1974)

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of us with Carribean interests, mainly Cayman Islands, here's a quote from Caymannetnews.com.

>>>>>>Tropical storm warning for Sister Islands

Published on Saturday, August 16, 2008 Email To Friend Print Version

Tropical Storm Fay 3-day forecast track. NHC/NOAA graphic

At 4 pm Saturday the National Weather Service and Hazard Management Cayman Islands placed Cayman Brac and Little Cayman under a tropical storm warning. Grand Cayman continues under a tropical storm watch.

The National Hurricane Centre in Miami continues to forecast the centre of the storm to pass along the south coast of Cuba about 95 miles north of the Sister Islands Sunday afternoon.

Residents should maintain a state of readiness. Tropical Storm Fay may deposit 1.50 to 2.00 inches of rainfall from Sunday morning through Monday morning, causing flooding of low lying areas, particularly in the Sister Islands.

Additionally the Cayman area can expect strong north to northeast winds of 15 to 20 knots Saturday night, 20 to 25 knots Sunday, leading to very rough seas with wave heights of 6 to 8 feet, especially near the Sister Islands. All marine interests should seek safe harbour Saturday evening and remain there.

All residents should continue to monitor the progress of Tropical Storm Fay.

At 4 pm Saturday, Tropical Storm Fay was located near 19.3 N 75.2 W or 138 miles northeast of Kingston, Jamaica. Tropical Storm Fay is moving west at 16 mph with maximum sustained winds of 40 mph.

Based on this path the band of tropical storm force winds are forecast to pass north of the Cayman area. However, satellite pictures show a significant amount of cloudiness and thundershowers south of the center.

The Cayman area can expect cloudy to overcast with intermittent showers and some thunder.

The next bulletin will be issued at 10:30 pm tonight (Saturday).

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Statement From Monroe County, Florida (for the Florida Keys)....
Florida Keys emergency management officials will initiate a Keys-wide visitor evacuation beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday, as Tropical Storm Fay churns off the southern coast of Cuba.
“We’re asking visitors to leave the Keys to ensure their safety,” said Monroe County Mayor Mario Di Gennaro who also chairs the Keys tourist development council. “We hate to inconvenience those visitors that had plans to be in the Keys the next few days, but their well-being is our top priority. We certainly hope they return in the near future.”

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
two of my friends went down there to get married a few days ago...had to move up the wedding to heed the evacuation warning

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4356671n?source=mostpop_video

they get interviewed by a cbs reporter about 2min in....that seemed to make up for having to cut your honeymoon short and leave town I suppose!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Fay is due to pass over us late Thusday night, per the NHC.
I'm set to fly out of Gainesville, Florida (GNV) on Friday at 6AM.
So far, Delta says its still going. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just really windy and a bit of rain here in jax....lots of businesses closed though assuming it would be much worse out.