• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying to transfer CWA Points

Reaction score
Here's the concern. A TUGer offered me 105000 CWA points, he's willing to pay for the transfer, all I do is pay for the MFs starting in April (start of the use year). Sounds good! But, the closing service said ONLY WYNDHAM can do it. This is the letter they gave to the seller, I replaced our names with (BUYER) and replaced his name with (SELLER):

Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:36:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Deed preparation
To: (SELLER)

(SELLER),

I have talked to Club Wyndham concerning your ownership. You are correct...you do not have a deed for this. To transfer this membership, you need to send a letter to:

Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Attn: Title Department
8427 So. Park Circle
Orlando, Florida 32819

You will need to include your member and contract no requesting them to transfer to (MY WIFE AND I), giving them all their info including their birthdates and social security numbers. You will also need to send Wyndham a transfer check in the amount of $299 at the same time for them to start the process. Wyndham then will send the transfer forms out for (SELLER) and (MY WIFE AND I) to sign.

This is different type of transaction than we normally are involved in since it is not deeded property but a Membership. If you have any questions how to proceed, Wyndham will assist you. You can call them at 1.800.251.8736. press option 2, then option 3 for the title department.

We do appreciate you contacting us for this transfer but Wyndham has to actually do this one.

Thank you,
Mary

Is there a way we can do this, where I don't have to send the SELLER my information? And has anyone else had issues with this type of transfer (CWA)? :wall:

TS

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... You will need to include your member and contract no requesting them to transfer to (MY WIFE AND I), giving them all their info including their birthdates and social security numbers. You will also need to send Wyndham a transfer check in the amount of $299 at the same time for them to start the process. Wyndham then will send the transfer forms out for (SELLER) and (MY WIFE AND I) to sign ... Is there a way we can do this, where I don't have to send the SELLER my information? ... TS

Was this a purchase through E-Bay and a third party firm? From my reading of your post, I would just call Wyndham Title and express your concern to them. I do not think they would require you give any personal information pertaining to you and your wife to the seller.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, it is/was through the Bargain Deals section, using a timeshare closing service mentioned elsewhere on TUG ($100). But, as you can see, this is not a "simple" transfer, and the timeshare closing company (I can't remember the name off-hand) says they can't do it.

The item I am working on

TS

rrlongwell

Reaction score
No, it is/was through the Bargain Deals section, using a timeshare closing service mentioned elsewhere on TUG ($100). But, as you can see, this is not a "simple" transfer, and the timeshare closing company (I can't remember the name off-hand) says they can't do it.

The item I am working on

TS

I would not walk away from this, I would run. If I read the ad right, it was adverised as a deeded timeshare and it is not. If you do not go through with this, I would suggest you pick an attorney in the state that the Resort is in that does timeshare closings (Bar Association or whitepages as a last resort for the name) and pay closing costs on a deeded timeshare. Best of luck. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im in the middle of a CWA transfer, but a closing company is standing between me and the seller, and yes I did give them my "personal" information

It is a simple transaction ...dont make it more difficult than it needs to be

CWA is what it is, if you want a deed, dont buy it, but the fact that its a certificate is nothing to run from

There will be two parts to this closing...

1) Wyndham has a right of first refusal on CWA contracts so you will have to send them your contract...they have the right to buy it back for whatever your contract price is

2) With the information you provide Wyndham they will prepare the necessary documents for signature

the procedure is outlined on the wyndham website

I am a CLUB WYNDHAM® Access owner and I have been issued a certificate.

A written request with the full names, addresses, telephone number, birth dates and social security number of purchasers or transferees. $299
Upon receipt, Title Services will provide an Assignment and Assumption Agreement to be signed in front of a notary by all parties involved.
You will need to return the document within the given timeframe.
A new certificate will be issued.
Title Services will then update your account.

I am a CLUB WYNDHAM Access owner and I have not been issued a certificate.

A written request with the full names, addresses, telephone number, birth dates and social security number of purchasers or transferees. $299
Upon receipt, Title Services will provide an Assignment and Assumption Agreement to be signed in front of a notary by all parties involved.
You will need to return the document within the given timeframe.
Title Services will then update your account.

Why dont you write the letter to wyndham with the information you want kept personal left out. Have the seller sign it and return it to you..then you add your information in an addendum and send it to Wyndham

or you could hire an attorney to stand between you and the seller

since you are already a Wyndham owner, they probably have your info on file...ask them

Last edited:
Reaction score
It seemed to me like the guy was honest, but he simply didn't know what he had (questionable). I told him I am rescinding the offer, and I sent him a link to CJ Timeshares' eBay page, so he can talk to them about getting rid of his timeshare. I bought my current (Star Island) timeshare points from them, so I know they are a good company. In addition, timeframes I don't have. What I mean is, if we went through this deal (CWA), and they needed the paperwork signed and notarized within 30 days, I probably wouldn't be able to do it. I am home infrequently, so I may miss it.

Basically, I'll stick with what I have at Star Island:
128000 UDI January Yearly points
128000 UDI January Biennial-Odd Points (going through Closing process)

TS

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
It seemed to me like the guy was honest, but he simply didn't know what he had (questionable). I told him I am rescinding the offer, and I sent him a link to CJ Timeshares' eBay page, so he can talk to them about getting rid of his timeshare. I bought my current (Star Island) timeshare points from them, so I know they are a good company.

Basically, I'll stick with what I have at Star Island:
128000 UDI January Yearly points
128000 UDI January Biennial-Odd Points (going through Closing process)

TS

I think you made the right decision. If you want to supplement what you have, you can always make arrangements with a VIP member to pay the maintance fees for one of their contracts and get to use the points for that contract. If you do this, make sure the other party has your confidence and trust.