• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trying for a Maui trade RCI

Alphadog

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Traded into Kona Hawaiian Resort for April 2013. We were there in 2008 and like both the BI and the Kona Hawaiian Resort.

Planning a second week in Maui following our week on the BI. I put an on going request for Kaanapali Beach Club 2bdrm for a four day check in span in hopes of getting a second trade. We are two couples so really want a 2bdrm and especially two bthrms. I don't think I could get a Marriott or Westin in Lahaina with my only trader at OLCC. We liked the Lahaina location. We stayed at Kaanapali Beach Club through an Extra Vacation. I presently see nothing for KBC in exchanges or even Extra Vacations for any time. As I recall ,when we went in 2008, KBC always had weeks for Extra Vacations.

I was thinking that I would let this ride for around nine months or so and see what happens.

So am I crazy to think that this is possible. Do you think this actually might come through? How would you tweak this plan?

Thanks for you opinons and looking at this post.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an ongoing search for Sands of Kahana for several months. Cindy posted here on Tug availability and NONE of it ever triggered in the on-going search.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158246

Best to keep checking on your own and keeping your eyes peeled here on TUG as members post availability frequently.

Thanks to Cindy I was not only able to get SoK which we wanted, but was able to mate it up to a second week we own at Gardens @ West Maui for back to back weeks, just a few minutes ago. We wanted SoK so we could take my mother to Hawaii for the first time in her life.

I'm so pleased!!!

Alphadog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks UWSurfer for the heads up. That's amazing although I guess I shouldn't be surprised with anything RCI.

I will continue to look on my own. I'm kind of addicted now to searching anyway. Guess I'll be looking all the way till 2013!!! :doh:

Will keep checking Tug as well. Find lots of good things here.

So glad that your Mom is going to get her first trip to Hawaii. That's awesome for all of you!

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are trying to trade an OLCC for a 2 Bedroom KBC?

Don't take this the wrong way, but this will never happen. The 2 bedrooms at KBC are few and far between, and Diamond chooses what to give RCI or II, and I don't think you will find any of these available ever. I have never seen a sighting for a 2 bedroom KBC in the last 5 years.
Sorry, you need to open your request up to any 2 bedroom that opens on Maui for your dates, otherwise plan on renting.
I get $1395 for an Ocean View 1 bedroom at KBC just for reference.

Greg

:) Traded into Kona Hawaiian Resort for April 2013. We were there in 2008 and like both the BI and the Kona Hawaiian Resort.

Planning a second week in Maui following our week on the BI. I put an on going request for Kaanapali Beach Club 2bdrm for a four day check in span in hopes of getting a second trade. We are two couples so really want a 2bdrm and especially two bthrms. I don't think I could get a Marriott or Westin in Lahaina with my only trader at OLCC. We liked the Lahaina location. We stayed at Kaanapali Beach Club through an Extra Vacation. I presently see nothing for KBC in exchanges or even Extra Vacations for any time. As I recall ,when we went in 2008, KBC always had weeks for Extra Vacations.

I was thinking that I would let this ride for around nine months or so and see what happens.

So am I crazy to think that this is possible. Do you think this actually might come through? How would you tweak this plan?

Thanks for you opinons and looking at this post.

Alphadog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking around online and it looks like reality has set in. I guess I knew in my heart this was a fantasy!

Time to go to Plan B! Plenty of time for that.

Thank you for the reality check. I needed it.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Retracted message as it's probably better suited for Sightings. Sent you a PM.

Last edited:

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
. . .How would you tweak this plan? . . .
Aloha,
While our very first trade was into Maui (Kahana Falls), that was about a dozen years ago. I looked at some RCI data I captured during 2007 & 2008. I was searching with a one bedroom Kauai Beach Villas deposit. The only two bedroom units that turned up were Hono Koa; Kahana Falls; Kamaole Beach Club; Maui Lea at Maui Hill. Other resorts may have had ample availability but my one bedroom unit did not have the trade power to see them further out than 45 days and they never showed up inside of 45 days. While many of the data points were inside 45 days to check in, some for each resorts were many months out. Assuming things are the same now, about all I can conclude is that if you add these resorts to your list, you will improve your chances.
Jack

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Branson (4 Lockouts), Grandview (Points), CMV (UDI), DVC (SSR 25)
I got a 2BR at Maui Lea a couple months ago for next September. I had my ongoing search going for a few months, searching for four Maui timeshares and two Oahu ones that I would have been happy with, anytime in September. My fallback plan was (and always is) Kauai, as there's usually plenty of RCI inventory there. I was very pleasantly surprised to get a match.