• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Try This Often Overlooked Method to Add to Your Hotel Points Balance Read more at: T

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
This guy is promoting points for a TS tour!

Not for me anymore!

A couple weeks ago, I was reminded of an old technique that we used as newbies that added to our hotel account balances. Many times in the past we volunteered to listen to a timeshare pitch in exchange for hotel points. We used a few simple guidelines to make the experience bearable and profitable. When staying a large chain resort hotels like Marriotts, Hiltons or SPG properties look for someone pitching free points for listening to their timeshare pitch. I was always game under several conditions: 1. The pitch is no longer than 90 minutes long. 2. We would only go first thing in the morning so as to not screw up our whole vacation day. 3. The value was at least $150 per hour in future hotel benefits. 4. We only participated on tours with the big three hotel chains. (I have heard the smaller chains and independents can be very high pressure sales jobs)

Read more at: Try This Often Overlooked Method to Add to Your Hotel Points Balance | Frugal Travel Guy

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2016...thod-to-add-to-your-hotel-points-balance.html

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
But at least he bought resale!!

"My wife and I have heard many of these pitches and have yet to find enough value to buy new from the developer. We bought a unit on Hilton Head Island at the Grand Ocean Marriott for $1000 on the resale market and find it well worth that price because as island residents we can use the common facilities like gym, pool, and the beach for 52 weeks per year, but at $20K minimum new from the developer? No way.":banana: