• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble with II

Danjos

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
Points
138
Location
Welland
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
I presently have to vacations booked one with an exchange into Hilton Head for April 19 and Hilton Head is virtually shutdown. As well I Live in Canada and not allowed to cross the border. I took out the E trade however according to etrade I am put into flex trade and must find an alternative within 60 days and with border situation and vacation schedule not likely to happen as well II is not getting back to me. What is my alternative do I lose my $ and my unit that I traded?
Another topic I booked my daughter a vacation to Mexico for April 17 with accommodation certificate is that lost as well again nothing from II.
I have been patient I believe it has been 4 days without a response.
any help would be appreciated.
 

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
6,046
Reaction score
2,928
Points
648
Location
Florida
I presently have to vacations booked one with an exchange into Hilton Head for April 19 and Hilton Head is virtually shutdown. As well I Live in Canada and not allowed to cross the border. I took out the E trade however according to etrade I am put into flex trade and must find an alternative within 60 days and with border situation and vacation schedule not likely to happen as well II is not getting back to me. What is my alternative do I lose my $ and my unit that I traded?
Another topic I booked my daughter a vacation to Mexico for April 17 with accommodation certificate is that lost as well again nothing from II.
I have been patient I believe it has been 4 days without a response.
any help would be appreciated.



If you have E-Plus then you can obtain three additional trades, and maybe find something else closer to your home.

These are trying times, and unusual circumstances, so "maybe" Interval International will do something else to accommodate your situation as everyone seems to be caught with their pants down.

Keep all of us posted, and best of luck.




.
 

Danjos

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
Points
138
Location
Welland
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
If you have E-Plus then you can obtain three additional trades, and maybe find something else closer to your home.

These are trying times, and unusual circumstances, so "maybe" Interval International will do something else to accommodate your situation as everyone seems to be caught with their pants down.

Keep all of us posted, and best of luck.




.
thanks
 

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
640
Reaction score
226
Points
253
Location
California
I presently have to vacations booked one with an exchange into Hilton Head for April 19 and Hilton Head is virtually shutdown. As well I Live in Canada and not allowed to cross the border. I took out the E trade however according to etrade I am put into flex trade and must find an alternative within 60 days and with border situation and vacation schedule not likely to happen as well II is not getting back to me. What is my alternative do I lose my $ and my unit that I traded?
Another topic I booked my daughter a vacation to Mexico for April 17 with accommodation certificate is that lost as well again nothing from II.
I have been patient I believe it has been 4 days without a response.
any help would be appreciated.
Sorry that you are having a difficult time with II responding to you. Is it that you have chosen a call back option, rather than waiting on hold to speak with a representative? When you are able to speak with II, their new policy allows the representative to override the flex trade limitation. I had to cancel an exchange which was to begin on April 4, and the rep. found something for the end of Feb., 2021, for a specific resort that I wanted. I was looking for the end of March, but there was nothing available for that date, yet. I have 2 more Eplus trades remaining, so I can still search for the end of March, 2021. However, you have to call each time you want to search, because the rep. has to override the search parameters each time. Good luck and I hope you will be able to book a vacation that you will be able to enjoy. CJ
 

Danjos

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
Points
138
Location
Welland
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
Sorry that you are having a difficult time with II responding to you. Is it that you have chosen a call back option, rather than waiting on hold to speak with a representative? When you are able to speak with II, their new policy allows the representative to override the flex trade limitation. I had to cancel an exchange which was to begin on April 4, and the rep. found something for the end of Feb., 2021, for a specific resort that I wanted. I was looking for the end of March, but there was nothing available for that date, yet. I have 2 more Eplus trades remaining, so I can still search for the end of March, 2021. However, you have to call each time you want to search, because the rep. has to override the search parameters each time. Good luck and I hope you will be able to book a vacation that you will be able to enjoy. CJ
thank you for that information very helpful I just sent emails as I didn't want to tie up phone lines in case someone else had something more important but I guess I will just put a call in on Monday and see how that works out I appreciate the help.

thanks again so much.
 

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
640
Reaction score
226
Points
253
Location
California
thank you for that information very helpful I just sent emails as I didn't want to tie up phone lines in case someone else had something more important but I guess I will just put a call in on Monday and see how that works out I appreciate the help.

thanks again so much.
You are very welcome. Good luck! CJ
 

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
32,647
Reaction score
9,476
Points
1,049
Location
The Centennial State
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I had zero problems with II over the phone. They were available to me today in about five minutes of hold time. I had to cancel a week I had for 5/22, and they were very kind and let me re-book a week in Orlando for 12/6/2020, then I was able to add eplus retrade to the week after that, so it's good for a full year after 12/6. Such a relief because I do need that date, but I need to use other weeks for that date.
 

Danjos

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
Points
138
Location
Welland
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
I had zero problems with II over the phone. They were available to me today in about five minutes of hold time. I had to cancel a week I had for 5/22, and they were very kind and let me re-book a week in Orlando for 12/6/2020, then I was able to add eplus retrade to the week after that, so it's good for a full year after 12/6. Such a relief because I do need that date, but I need to use other weeks for that date.
Thank you so much for that info i will call you are making me feel relieved as i have 6 golfing buddies just waiting lots of pressure on me
 

Garry

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
143
Reaction score
44
Points
388
Location
St. Albert, Alberta
Thank you so much for that info i will call you are making me feel relieved as i have 6 golfing buddies just waiting lots of pressure on me
I had a similar experience with II. The rep I spoke with was quite helpful and extended the eplus certificate by a year when I was only entitled to a 60 day extension under normal circumstances (cancellation less than 59 days). Kudos to II.
 

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
526
Points
473
Location
Calgary,Ab, Canada
I have also had to cancel 2 weeks with II recently. One was an exchange and one was an accommodation certificate. Both times the rep said they would put a certificate in my account but the first at least has limited flexibility. The second has not shown up yet and I called again on Saturday about it. Hoping it will show up within the next couple of days. Not all that likely I'll be able to use them anyways but at least a chance if they are there. On the phone I have found the reps quite good considering the circumstances. Now if I could only get celebrity cruises to refund my money for a trip in June that leaves from Vancouver since Canada has closed ports to cruise ships over 500 people until July 1st.
 

Danjos

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
141
Reaction score
25
Points
138
Location
Welland
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker and Sheraton oasis, Grandview
I have also had to cancel 2 weeks with II recently. One was an exchange and one was an accommodation certificate. Both times the rep said they would put a certificate in my account but the first at least has limited flexibility. The second has not shown up yet and I called again on Saturday about it. Hoping it will show up within the next couple of days. Not all that likely I'll be able to use them anyways but at least a chance if they are there. On the phone I have found the reps quite good considering the circumstances. Now if I could only get celebrity cruises to refund my money for a trip in June that leaves from Vancouver since Canada has closed ports to cruise ships over 500 people until July 1st.
I have just finished with II they were very fair with me and are allowing me exchange till 2021 with my etrade.
 
Top