• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tropic Shores, Daytona

xnavyss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All

Just received a phone call from RCI. I am due to check-in on Saturday August 30th. It's an 11 story bldg and I am assigned a Unit on the 5th Floor.

RCI says there will be major renovation and to expect construction noise during our stay. I asked about changing resorts and was told NO!.

I just called the resort and they confirmed the renovation and noise and said during my week they should be working on the 2 floors just above me.

As anyone stayed at this resort before? Any opinions on asking for either the higher floors or perhaps a lower floor.

My initial thoughts were the 5th floor would be just high enough up to provide a nice view from the ocean front balcony.

Thanks

Joe

Jan&Ern

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe - how long will this work be going on? We are going to this resort in October and haven't heard anything about the construction. Let us know if you can. Thanks!

xnavyss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not know how long the work is scheduled for.

Also found out that the renovation work includes redoing the concrete balconies.

I am wondering about the debris falling below while we sit on the patio / balcony.

Joe

Joe - how long will this work be going on? We are going to this resort in October and haven't heard anything about the construction. Let us know if you can. Thanks!

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call to confirm that your balcony will not be inaccessible. If it is, I would call RCI again and insist that they find you alternate accomodations.

Dori

Jan&Ern

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dori - great idea. I'm going to give the resort a call first since when I booked this earlier in the year there was no indication of ongoing work to the exterior of the building. The reviews on this resort say that everyone has a balcony with a view of the ocean and I will NOT be happy if I have to sit inside and peek around workers to enjoy my view!! The last week in October there should be plenty of resorts with availablity in Florida.

Joe - if you discover any more info, please let me know. I'll do the same. Thanks!

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a great resort. All units have oceanfront views with private balconies, but the 2 bed rooms have an ocean front balcony and a second balcony off of the master bedroom which is on the side of the building with views of both the ocean and the intercoastal waterway. I am not sure about the situation with the renovations, but it is normally one of my favorite ocean front resorts, and my favorite in Daytona. The staff is wonderful and the resort is not too big or crowded. All rooms have a fantastic view of the beach and the Atlantic, and you can listen to the ocean from the balcony or the den with the sliding glass doors open.

I exchanged into this resort in a one bed room and a 2 bed room in October 2007. My parents were in the one bed room and I was in the 2 bed room. The resort put us right next door to each other. I would gladly stay at Tropic Shores any time that I could.

Jan&Ern

TUG Member
Reaction score
How was your stay?

Joe - now that you've been there, what did you think of the resort and how extensive were the rennovations? Thanks