• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tripit

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Tripit is a program I just started using and it has worked out very well (tripit.com). They also have an app too. Now Starwood it using it and you can send your reservations directly to tripit from mystarcentral. As a 5* (yay a $49 value), I get an upgrade to the pro, but the regular free version works well.

Here is part of the e-mail I recieved
When it comes to planning your vacations there are a lot of details to keep track of, from flight itineraries to resort confirmations, rental cars and more. To enhance and simplify your vacationing preparations, Starwood Vacation Ownership has partnered with TripIt®, a mobile travel organizer that makes it easy to organize and share your trip plans in one convenient spot.

As part of this exclusive partner offer, Starwood Vacation NetworkSM Five-Star Elite Members are invited to upgrade to TripIt Pro with a complimentary one-year membership—a savings of $49. As a virtual personal travel assistant, TripIt Pro keeps you in the know about flight delays and cancellations, suggests alternate flight options and monitors when you're eligible for fare refunds.

Here's how it works:
• For a TripIt Free account, login to mystarcentral.com, your 24-hour ownership resource, and click the "Send to TripIt" button. Authorize your individual TripIt account to permit access to your resort reservation details on mystarcentral.com

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a nice little perk, I have been using Trip it for years. It took them a while to recognize RCI exchange confirmations with their automated system, (and interval too for that matter) - the free version is all I use and it's wonderful. I can't recommend it enough. Sounds like Starwood is actually doing something right for a change.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm sure this didn't cost Starwood a dime. In fact, they might be making money on the renewals.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like it too ... Especially when trying to coordinate/keep track of a large group!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
What does it do for you? We got the email as well, and so far I seem to do fine with keeping everything in folder in my email (one folder per trip) and printing the relevant stuff out to take with me to put in my sturdy plastic folder in my carryon bag before I go.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
It allows you to basically keep all of your reservations, hotel, plane, car, dinner,etc. in one place electronically. You can access it on any device and you can print it all off. It is easy to share with others as well.
To me it has a couple of advantages, first, nothing to manually enter, you email to trip it and it is automatically added, from some sites (Starwood and the travel company we use at work) automatically send it, second, my wife can see it all on her phone with an app ( so she can see my business travel), no papers to lose or files to check, and third, it can export to a shared calendar, I have four kids (youngets now 19) and they can see where we are or where we are going ( some may see that as a disadvantage, but your choice).
I also saw where pro is $29 for Starwood customers, doubt it is great value but it will keep you updated with travel.
It may not be for everyone, and it has some other cool parts. No I do not work for them but love the tool.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I use AwardWallet and TripIt all the time. I like TripIt's ability to store all info about your itinerary, including notes, on one site.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used Tripit for years. It is a great tool to keep and share all of our travel for our family.

Instead of the yearly paid version of Trip It, I use a program called Flight Tracker Pro. It was a one time fee of $5. This program does a great job of informing me of flight status. I almost always know of delays and gate changes before the airline airport staff does; sometimes they think that I am psychic.

SVO email forwards to Trip It didn't used to work. I tried it a few weeks ago and I was so happy to see it finally sync. I had been manually inputting my SVO reservation information into Trip It for years.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I love Tripit!

bryanphunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Westin Kierland Villa
Kauai Beach Villa
Tripcase is another program that is similar to Tripit. The Kayak app also has a trip organizer function.

I'd check out all three and see which fits your needs the best